Miscellaneous Advice

DeletedUser173

I couldn't post my own thread for some reason. I'll just add mine here...

mods can move into this section...

author said:
1. 10% more population

Offensive set-up;
Probably the most used way is the offensive. You would generally use the extra space for making a larger nuke. Most players use the farm space for producing Light Cavalry.

Defesive set-up;
Not the most effective use of this village. The only beneficial defense would be large fast defense armies. They consist of Spearmen and Heavy Cavalry.

For offense, I'd recommend making pops pure axe villas (with 200-300 rams + pally) In this world, with axe weapon, 21500 axes is worth 30000 axes, or 1.2 mil general off. (Can clear a full D village with only about 2/3 lost)

def-I agree, though I never use pop. for def.

author said:
2. 33% Faster recruitment in Barracks

Offensive set-up;
You can take advantage with this type of bonus village offensively by building super quick nukes. You will best benefit from this with a high axemen count for specific nuking. It is common knowledge that offense builds faster than defense in general already.

Defensive set-up;
The smartest build for this type of village is foot defense. This type makes the production speed of defensive builds with foot soldiers faster than a standard village offensive capabilities.

should usually be off. in which case you'd simply have less cavalry in the final build.

def-I would make a def village like this with more than the usual amount of archers.

author said:
3. 33% Faster recruitment in Stables

Offensive set-up;
The advantages here are obvious. More light cavalry are produced in your nukes here for selective nuking. It also speeds up those slow mounted archers but you really never have more than 500 in most cases. Farmers love these villages.

Defensive set-up;
Excellent for producing fast defense. The fast production of heave cavalry is a strong tool to have. Very effective for sniping noble trains.

Should be offense unless it's a pure HC build.

author said:
4. 50% Faster recruitment in Workshop

Offensive set-up;
Is very effective for producing fast wall busters. Rarely would you set up a wall buster in the early game stage. You would only do it in a workshop village.

Defensive set-up;
Catapults! Catapults! Catapults! Need I say more. With the Paladin and Aletheia's Bonfire you have the best defense possible. Even without weapons catapults in large numbers make fine defenders.

First 1-2 should be pure cat, any others are cat/wall-buster nukes.

author said:
5. 30% more of all resources produced

Suggested usage and set-up;
This village makes a good coin producer and resource support village. Generally I think a standard offensive village is the most effective due to the balance of resources used on the troop build. Balanced resource villages make the best minting villages. Not much benefit if you are a heavy farmer.

I'd recommend using this for a def village with a good size market to supply other villages. (good for churches)

6. 100% higher iron production

This type of village is best used for cavalry builds, mostly heavy cavalry due to its high use of iron. Probably most effective for fast defense.

Same as above, good for HC defs.

author said:
7. 100% higher clay production

This type of village has the ability to produce the resources to construct buildings faster than most with the high output of clay. Is effective in supporting village construction in your other villages. Also is effective in supporting your catapult armies with much needed clay. The only benefit here troop wise would be a catapult army. With the time to produce it a standard
set-up is probably a better build.

If possible, keep this village near other defs, and give excess clay to coin-producing defs.

author said:
8. 100% higher wood production

This village makes a good wall busting village. The high usage of wood with light cavalry, mounted archers, rams and catapults will balance the wood production well. The only defensive benefits would be in archer builds.

I disagree, a wood village should be a high archer def village. (that's just because I'm anti-mounted archers :D)

author said:
9. 50% more storage and merchants

This village is best used as a farming village. A light cavalry build is necessary here. Any other troop build is a waste of the bonus. Trading and balancing is effective with this type of village.

Best as church village... near numerous villages, and if any are filling up, send here where it can be moved somewhere else. (lv. 25 market recommended)

DeletedUser

Clay bonuses should be def- off needs the res to constantly reproduce nukes, however def usually last longer, and as such are just coin minting villages, so the extra clay means extra coins and a good ratio

DeletedUser173

Clay bonuses should be def- off needs the res to constantly reproduce nukes, however def usually last longer, and as such are just coin minting villages, so the extra clay means extra coins and a good ratio

Not necessarily... late game, clay becomes one of the highest demand resources out there, so it is very easy to trade it in the market. In an off village, this will help get any additional iron/wood you'll need to keep production 24/7.