Miscellaneous Advice

DeletedUser173

NOTE-THE MATH WAS DONE ON A SPEED 1.5 WORLD, MULTIPLY TIMES BY 1.5 FOR REAL TIMES.

I've spent the last few years, (obviously not entirely ) trying to discover some of the best tactics, and jam them into as few words as possible.

Anyways, this is what I've figured out:

Miscillaneous Info
1) Coin Requirements

The Number of coins needed for a desired number of noblemen can be found with the formula:

(#nobles / 2) x (#nobles + 1)

I haven't figured out any practical uses for this, I just find it interesting...

2) Bonus Villages

Bonus villages should be offense or defense depending on the bonus:

Barracks B-Speed: Offense (If you make them defense, [with my suggested
---builds] you will have excessive spear counts whereas my offensive builds
---could use a slight axe production bonus.)

Stable B-Speed: Either (Same concept as the barracks, only this time it is fine to
---have more HC or LC in either offense or defense. Excessive spears is bad, but
---slightly increased HC isn't. )

Workshop B-Speed: Offense (Since you virtually NEVER need improved
---workshop speed in a defense village, you definitely don't need the bonus.)

Population Village: Offense (Since defensive villages can be stacked while you
---cannot stack attacks, you want your nukes to be as strong as
---possible. How can you do that? 2400 more troops...)

Wood Bonus: Offense (Depending on whether or not you use Archers in your defense villas and on how many mounted
---archers you use in your offenses...If you use no archers in defense, make your wood bonus villas offense.
---If you have an archer nuke, [MA] you would obviously do that in a wood village.)

Clay Bonus: Either (There is a debate as to whether or not this should be offense or defense. If it is
---offense, it requires more clay for troop production, and it helps to trade goods for iron and wood.
---For defense villages, it is very beneficial since troops don't need to be reconstructed as often, so
---coins are minted often.)

Iron Bonus: Defense (Since HC require extreme amounts of iron to produce, defensive villages need
---that extra iron bonus)

3) Always Negotiate

Talking to potential enemies can ultimately make friends.

4) Comparing Defense Builds

(Check Excel, I'll update this later.)

5) Noble Fakes

In older worlds when you have more nobles than you know what to do with, it's okay to use nobles for fakes. It makes predicting enemy attacks even worse than it currently is, especially for those with Premiums.

Village Buildup:

HQ:20 (Some people think that a 15 HQ is beneficial, but there are several downsides, including-1: Slower Building Reconstruction, 2: No Nobles can be built. On the flip side, some people prefer 21-30, I personally up all HQ to 23-24 on smaller villages, but if the village is nearly to your liking, the additional build speed is unnecessary. Every level above 20 becomes more expensive and pop consuming.)
Barracks:25 (The faster you can build units, the better, duh.)
Stable:20 (Refer to barracks ) :rolleyes:
Workshop:2 (A max workshop is unneccesary since very few villas will have over 200-300 rams with some cats. If you wish to maximize your off. efficiency, use a build similar to 5800 axes, 2800 LC, 300 rams and cats, and 15 workshop.)
Academy:1 (Academies allow you to mint coins in order to use resources you otherwise couldn't. [special settings- 3 for first few villages, but when you reach 50+ villas, you only need 2.])
Smithy:20 (If you think a lv. 15 smithy is smart, wait till someone demolishes your academy :eek:)
Rally Point:1 (Duh.) :D
Statue:0 (Only 1 village needs a statue, usually a pop. offense (You might consider having 2 of these, so when the pally dies, you can begin building it in another full off. village.))
Market:15-20 (I've never needed a market higher level, and above 20 is unneccessary.)
Timber, Clay, Iron, Farm and Warehouse:30 (Again, Duh. ) Warehouse lv dependent on activity
Hiding Place:0 (Worthless after about a week in the game)
Wall:20 (High Wall = :))

Good Troop Counts

Offense
For the Village layout I described above, the best offense would consist of:

6093 Axes: (Try to construct axes and LC so that they are finished at the EXACT same time if possible.)
3339 LC: (Look up )
300 Rams: (Any less lowers effectiveness, any more weakens strength) Less if you prefer, more for fakes. Cats are very effective later on when you have villas to spare and early on. From around 10-50 villas, basically worthless.)

Build Time: 9.66 Days
General Offense: 243,720
Cavalry Offense: 434,070

Also, for those of you who must have your MAs, another possible nuke is: (Axes for same reason as HC in defense villages)

6819 Axes
2526 MA
300 Rams

Build Time: 10.81 Days
General Offense: 272,760
Archer Offense: 328,380

In this example however, you don't want all offense like this, only a small portion of them to clear archers.

Cat Heavy

I now feel that cats should be used much more than they are used for several reasons...First, It decreases off. build time. Second, it enhances offensive strength against stacked villas. Finally, it helps you wipe out enemies without nobling them.

5173 Axes:
2836 LC:
300 Rams:
331 Cats

Build Time: 8.21 Days
General Offense: 206,920
Cavalry Offense: 368,680

For Archers...

5699 Axes:
2078 MA:
300 Rams:
385 Cats:

Build Time: 9.04 Days
General Offense: 227,960
Cavalry Offense: 270,140

Defense
For the Village layout I described above, the best defense would consist of:

9213 Spears: (Same principal as Axes and LC described above)
1956 HC: (For obvious reasons)

Build Time: 11.30 days
GD: 529,395
CD: 571,065
AD: 536,340

In order to "modernize" this, I also have an archer defense for those who love archers:

6465 Archers
2414 HC

Build Time: 13.94 Days
GD: 806,050
CD: 451,720
AD: 466,845

Last but not least, the defense for those who can't decide.

Spears: 3788
Archers: 3788
HC: 2228

Build Time: 12.87 Days
GD: 691,820
CD: 500,220
AD: 495,740

If you really want to, you can have a few rams in there for fakes, but you really don't need any.

Current Thoughts...

For the defenses using cats, this is more of a desperate wartime option...Not quite as strong, but much faster construction.

7103 Spears:
1509 HC:
564 Cats:

Build Time: 8.71 days
GD: 464,745
CD: 468,555
AD: 470,080

Not to be biased against archers...

4731 Archers:
1773 HC:
663 Cats:

Build Time: 10.24 days
GD: 657,450
CD: 364,230
AD: 409,095

Excel

Version 1.337 completed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0otmmuzr2nm

I'll check over my notes again, tell me if I messed something up or spelled somthing wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It would really help for beginners to have a different guide, instead of having such high level of upgrades because a beginner won't have a clue, also defensive troops and attacks for a beginners term, if you know a site then just post it for them :)

DeletedUser173

This is more of a mid-late game strategy advice thingamajig, so if you don't have a basic grasp on the game, you proly shouldn't read it :D (or I could just make it more user friendly... hmm, decisions decisions... :rolleyes:)

DeletedUser

Yeah i have a good account on the .Net 'HP' world, but i was just wondering and i know that is more of a mid-late game, which is why it won't be useful for those who have been on for 3 weeks or so, but nice guide anyway :D

DeletedUser

Hiding Place:0 (Worthless after about a week in the game)
I wouldn't say so...
I always build the Hiding Place on 10 (2.000 resources) because it's useful to have enough resources to rebuild the wall before another attack is arriving.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I wouldn't say so...
I always build the Hiding Place on 10 (2.000 resources) because it's useful to have enough resources to rebuild the wall before another attack is arriving.

Agreed. Level 10 HP is a measly eight population (total from level 1-10), definitely worth the benefit.

DeletedUser

I see a few errors in your guide.
Barracks and workshop bonus villages should always be used as defence. Mainly because infantry defence is much stronger than mixed defence and barracks bonus village is the perfect way to cut down the build time for such a strong build and no matter how much we all hate bonfire + catapults, its one awesome defence to build in workshop bonus villages (usually my catapult villages are the ones with a statue).
Paladin should always be used in defence villages, since like you said defence can be stacked, meaning the paladins bonus can be stacked.
Headquarters should never be built over level 20 - the build time reduced just isnt worth the resources spent and hiding place and workshops arent useless - you can play around with their levels to mask your statues and churches.

DeletedUser

Barracks and workshop bonus villages should always be used as defence. Mainly because infantry defence is much stronger than mixed defence and barracks bonus village is the perfect way to cut down the build time for such a strong build and no matter how much we all hate bonfire + catapults, its one awesome defence to build in workshop bonus villages (usually my catapult villages are the ones with a statue).
Paladin should always be used in defence villages, since like you said defence can be stacked, meaning the paladins bonus can be stacked.
Headquarters should never be built over level 20 - the build time reduced just isnt worth the resources spent and hiding place and workshops arent useless - you can play around with their levels to mask your statues and churches.

With Bonus Vills, The Workshop Is Always A Defense Vill (Killer With The Pally Weapon). As For Paladins Always In A Defense Vill, That Is Just Sense.

I Agree With Your HQ Level, But I Usually Go For A Few Levels More On The First Vill, For Faster Building, On All The Barracks, HQ, Stable And Workshop.

DeletedUser

How does having a higher headquarters level help you produce troops faster?
I think you all forget that even though building headquarters higher and higher reduces the build time for all buildings, it also takes time to build itself.
So you have to ask yourself is it worth it?
Ive not once thought that it is.

DeletedUser

I Have Said Before, Each World I Play Differently, It All Depends On Settings For Me

DeletedUser173

I wouldn't say so...

I'm a player that isn't so much on population used, rather how many points do you gain from it. A lv 10 HP gives each of your villages 28 points, and at the 1000 village stage, that's a 28000 increased points just from the HP.

Yes, while the population is very little, I am someone who never even tries builds over 10K points. (I've even tried under 9000 builds, but they are slightly less effective than the standard 9400-9800 builds)

In the end, the hiding place really makes absolutely no difference, so I find it amusing that it's one of the most debated subjects :rolleyes:

I disagree with the barracks due to two reasons-

1) in the mid-late stage, you should never be at a point where a barracks bonus is necessary to survive. Between stacking villages and rebuilding, it should never be necessary to have the bonus.

2) On the other hand, an average of 50-75% of nukes you send out will be lost, and because you must start from scratch each time, the barracks bonus is a nice boost to get the nuke back up ASAP.

As for the Workshop-

Yes, I failed to account for the bonfire weapon times 10 aspect, this guide was written for a world without the super lame weapons.

For worlds with the uber bonfire, yes, the workshop should be a cat village with pally. However, as a general rule, the workshop should be a wall-buster village, or cat village. Any workshop units are totally unnecessary if the village is defense assuming the bonfire is with the normal settings.

I've been a long-time supporter of that statement, however, after numerous tests on startup, I've discovered tat staying at 20 is a horrible way to have a successful startup. The sacrifices you put into 25+ I would not say are worth it, though your village will be completed much faster if you continue. This all depends on how successful your farming runs are as to how high the HQ should be before noble rush. Seeing that my runs in this world weren't too great being on a sparse K, I only went to 24 before rush.

DeletedUser173

@Footloose-

Hey foot, here's the guide I was telling you about ;)

DeletedUser

Yes we have some common views on them. I'm gonna post mine and see what feed back I get on it...

DeletedUser

My take on bonus villes...

I couldn't post my own thread for some reason. I'll just add mine here...

Bonus Villages Strategy Guide

I have decided to make a suggested build guide for Bonus Villages. I notice alot of people miss out on the best benefits for each of the individual types. I will outline all types and give a suggested offensive and defensive set-up. I will also give a suggested usage of resource related villages as well.

1. 10% more population

Offensive set-up;
Probably the most used way is the offensive. You would generally use the extra space for making a larger nuke. Most players use the farm space for producing Light Cavalry.

Defesive set-up;
Not the most effective use of this village. The only beneficial defense would be large fast defense armies. They consist of Spearmen and Heavy Cavalry.

2. 33% Faster recruitment in Barracks

Offensive set-up;
You can take advantage with this type of bonus village offensively by building super quick nukes. You will best benefit from this with a high axemen count for specific nuking. It is common knowledge that offense builds faster than defense in general already.

Defensive set-up;
The smartest build for this type of village is foot defense. This type makes the production speed of defensive builds with foot soldiers faster than a standard village offensive capabilities.

3. 33% Faster recruitment in Stables

Offensive set-up;
The advantages here are obvious. More light cavalry are produced in your nukes here for selective nuking. It also speeds up those slow mounted archers but you really never have more than 500 in most cases. Farmers love these villages.

Defensive set-up;
Excellent for producing fast defense. The fast production of heave cavalry is a strong tool to have. Very effective for sniping noble trains.

4. 50% Faster recruitment in Workshop

Offensive set-up;
Is very effective for producing fast wall busters. Rarely would you set up a wall buster in the early game stage. You would only do it in a workshop village.

Defensive set-up;
Catapults! Catapults! Catapults! Need I say more. With the Paladin and Aletheia's Bonfire you have the best defense possible. Even without weapons catapults in large numbers make fine defenders.

5. 30% more of all resources produced

Suggested usage and set-up;
This village makes a good coin producer and resource support village. Generally I think a standard offensive village is the most effective due to the balance of resources used on the troop build. Balanced resource villages make the best minting villages. Not much benefit if you are a heavy farmer.

Note: All 100% resource villages give a good farm space return if you balance the bonus resource for troop space. Also make good specific resource balancers if you like to work your inner merchant.

6. 100% higher iron production

This type of village is best used for cavalry builds, mostly heavy cavalry due to its high use of iron. Probably most effective for fast defense.

7. 100% higher clay production

This type of village has the ability to produce the resources to construct buildings faster than most with the high output of clay. Is effective in supporting village construction in your other villages. Also is effective in supporting your catapult armies with much needed clay. The only benefit here troop wise would be a catapult army. With the time to produce it a standard
set-up is probably a better build.

8. 100% higher wood production

This village makes a good wall busting village. The high usage of wood with light cavalry, mounted archers, rams and catapults will balance the wood production well. The only defensive benefits would be in archer builds.

9. 50% more storage and merchants

This village is best used as a farming village. A light cavalry build is necessary here. Any other troop build is a waste of the bonus. Trading and balancing is effective with this type of village.

Last edited by a moderator: