Movie Critics And Suggestions

• Thread starter Too sexy for my shirt
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Movies and Tv Series can be considered some important parts in my life.
Starting today I will try to criticize 3-4 movies and 1 Tv Series a week. And ofcourse suggest. ( I'm secretly taking over the forum :p don't tell anyone ;) )

Today's movie is Observe and Report (2009)
Genre: Can be considered as black (absurd) comedy
imdb: 5.8
Short Plot: A typical situation, mall security Ronnie was left by his father when he was a baby, and his mother became an alcoholic. This caused a bi-polar disease in Ronnie. He is delusional. He believes himself to be a hero. The mall is haunted by a pervert flasher. He wants to catch that flasher and be a hero in eyes of the woman she likes. But there are some complications, absurd behaviors because of his bi-polarity, which forms the comedy part of the movie. But there is also drama in the movie like every other movie. Ronnie earns the pity of the viewers while trying to become a cop.

Critic: First of all I laughed really hard at some scenes. This deserves some points for its genre. It was pure absurd comedy. The best genre of comedy in my eyes is absurd comedy, that is my taste. Drama was minimal, absurd comedies can handle more drama because the scenes alone can make you laugh , integrity isn't necessary. Also the movie contains severe amount of violence , so I would suggest +18 viewers. Not much I can say, absurd comedies are hard to criticize. The one thing I can surely say about the movie is characters are so unpredictable, you are never gonna see anything coming.

6.1/10 overall, and 7,8/10 considering among its own genre.

DeletedUser

Movie: The Internship
Genre:Comedy
IMDB: 6.3
Short Plot: Two salesmen whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital age find their way into a coveted internship at Google, where they must compete with a group of young, tech-savvy geniuses for a shot at employment.
Critic: I think this movie feels like is a ninety-minute Google infomercial... And for that, it's not completely awful.

DeletedUser

Movie: Get a Life
Genre: Rated E for Everyone
IMDB: 7.14
Short Plot: Starts off by standing up, stretching, and walking out, enjoying the sun.
Critic: Never saw it.

DeletedUser

Movie: Man of Steel
Genre: Action
IMDB: 8.3
Short Plot: Superman. Enough said.
Critique: It was a good movie. Don't expect a whole lot of depth or character development, but do expect a lot of visually stunning images, great fight scenes, and if you remember/know the basic outline of Superman (ie. good guy, struggles with his strength growing up, refuses to kill, etc.) you'll probably be able to get the emotional connection to it anyways. I'd give it an 8/10.