Obey...

DeletedUser3455

And they disbanded...

About 4-5 month ago, i played US7 where i seen a very similar occurrence, whereby several big tribes feared competition and fled to the enemy tribe.

So what was Obey's story?

They declared war on 6 tribes at the beginning of the world, and had a further 4 marked on the map as enemies, then realized that they couldn't possibly win, especially when they also went after Zero, subsequently they had to offer peace to all of the tribes they had declared upon. Multiple calls for support were called for constantly, without the player checking for the speed of the incoming, thus tying the tribes support in their village for, what turned out to be fakes.

Op's were prepared against Zero, however, communication regarding the op's were obsolete, resulting in a lot of awkward conversations within the forums. Several very good players within Obey were pinned into submission due to the overall pressure put on them because of this.

Obey had a lot of potential at the start of W8, however, due to the nature of certain players, the tribe fell apart when Zero began to strike back and, true to their nature, instead of standing by their tribe mates they fled to the enemy tribe, the tribe that their team mates had been fighting and planning against.

Obey contained some very knowledgeable and experienced players who constantly displayed true skills, however this skill basis displayed was shadowed by the incompetence and lack of enthusiasm by some (not all) of the leaders.

DeletedUser3490

Hold on its hard to find the good "quality post" button on my device :p
appreciate the info though I was very concerned whether this world would go the same way as the last one, where all the big players join the same side...

DeletedUser

I am about to hit delete myself I am so disgusted by the events that took place. I think it is time to quit the game now as well, I am tired of how things work on this server and rather not play it anymore.

DeletedUser3141

Stafast I felt like that on W6 for a while but got past it.

Please take a little time to think about it.

DeletedUser

I have put enough time into this game now, after so many years playing it, I found myself telling my son to wait while I send an attack or send a mail out. I did not like this about me, so I rather quit this server and finish my NET game and hang up my hat and raise my son proper.

The breaking up of our tribe here was a wake up call to me, I spent hours here sending support out, making sure I helped save village after village. I have lost my desire to win another world, spend hours sitting on a computer, staying up half the night.

I am bothered by the way the tribe broke up, but in the end it is not a terrible thing for me and my family.

DeletedUser3007

well now i know you aren't going to be active, my council can end the discussion about inviting you :)

DeletedUser

Stafast if this game is taking away from your family time than it is probably best to take a break away from it. I had to walk away for a couple years because it took a minute to set boundaries on a game versus what is really important in life. I wish you the best of luck either way you decide to go.