Premium Trading (discussion here only)

• Thread starter Deleted User - 419875
  • Start date

Deleted User - 419875

Here is where you can discuss the new feature of Premium Trading on the market.

DeletedUser

Saw this on UK18.

Had it's positives and negatives but in the end adds a new strategy to the game and adds a way for all players even poor players to get premium points. Overall I like it and glad US server is taking it as a setting :)

DeletedUser

I never really understood how it worked.

It is explained as good as it possibly can up above. If you read that and still don't understand then it will likely take you playing to figure it out.

You put up res on the market in exchange for premium

I have 10,000 wood 8,000 clay and 12,000 iron

So say I wanted to even out my res Instead of trading 2k iron for 2k clay, I can trade 4k iron for 40 premium points and 2k wood for 20 premium points. In the end I even out my res at 8k each and I get 60pp.

Hope that helps you understand. It also doesn't have to be for 10pp from my understanding you can choose how much pp with at least 10pp if I am not mistaken.

Deleted User - 419875

You are correct, Art of War. That is how it works. The 10pp is the minimum. So whatever the amount you post in the market it at least has to be 10pp.

DeletedUser

The one question I have is it going to be on EVERY world for now on, or only worlds with premium added features?

Deleted User - 419875

From what I understand right now it will be on every world starting with w14 and may be added to later worlds at a later time.

Deleted User - 419875

LOL, It is going to start with w14. And we will have to see how it goes if it will be excluded in other worlds.

DeletedUser

This whole feature is designed to favour those who would invest in the game, an idea that IMO destroys the whole free element of the game. If you want to win you have to spend a lot on PP.

DeletedUser

This whole feature is designed to favour those who would invest in the game, an idea that IMO destroys the whole free element of the game. If you want to win you have to spend a lot on PP.

It really does not though...

If you think about it players who normally can't afford premium (making it a free game) can now get premium by selling resources to a player who can afford premium. In the end if anything making the playing ground more even specially if your a poor player who can farm. You farm well for 2-3 hours and sell all your res you now have enough premium points to get premium for the month in just 2-3 hours of farming. When before you would play the whole world working with the free premium the server gives you.

I do think it shouldn't be on every world though. It will change the game but you need to have worlds to keep the interest of older players also. This setting will not attract older players in my opinion.

DeletedUser

But what about the other side of it? In the early game resources are tight, those who buy pp can just trade it with the Village Merchant for resource, therefore giving them a near infinite supply of resources granted they have pp.

DeletedUser

But what about the other side of it? In the early game resources are tight, those who buy pp can just trade it with the Village Merchant for resource, therefore giving them a near infinite supply of resources granted they have pp.

You could do that with the new premium features anyways only difference is now other players get the PP instead of TW

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
I agree that it helps those players whom cannot afford PP. But as Sandman mentioned, there is a flip side. Those willing to spend a lot of money could gain a massive advantage early game.

Thus, I believe there should be some worlds without this feature. I hope there is anyway, otherwise I don't see myself playing this server again.

DeletedUser

You could do that with the new premium features anyways only difference is now other players get the PP instead of TW

Yes but currently to trade with village merchant you have to put up some of your own resources in order to get a different type, with the new feature you can just pay 25pp plus the 10pp it costs to trade and just effectively buy resources.

Deleted User - 419875

It is a min. of 1pp not 25 plus 10. So you must at least put up 1pp in order to use the pp feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So basically you can just buy resources off the village merchant? Isn't that a little game breaking?

Deleted User - 419875

You must trade in some way, It is just like the regular merchant only PP was added to the trade mix.