Question about Paladin & World Map

DeletedUser

Hey there folks. I've been playing the game for about a week or so now. Loving it, really am.

But I was wondering about a couple of things that I couldn't figure out on my own.

Firstly The Paladin... So far he does not have a weapon. Does this mean he doesn't fight when I send him out with the army for raiding and whatnot? How does he defend himself?

I mean, I know about the kinds of boons he provides to any given army and that a weapon also has boons of its own when equipped. But for a while, I was hesitant to send him out with the army figuring that since he doesn't have a weapon, so he can't fight or defend himself.

But I think I've come to the realization that I ought to think of him as more of a field general. So when I include him in the army, he's really there to provide boons such as attack bonuses, defense, carrying capacity, and if equipped with an actual weapon, boons from that as well. Nothing to do with actually fighting the battle.

So I take it, the fact that he doesn't have a weapon isn't a cause for concern as far as he can attack or defend himself. Instead, he's more of a boon figure, a field general if you will. If he's accompanying the troops, weapon or no weapon, he grants additional bonuses to the army. Correct?

The other thing I was curious about was on the World Map. Around most player-owned villages, there is a sort of "thing" that encircles a small area around the player-village. And it varies in size... Mine encircles my own town, as well as a few neighboring barbarian villages adjacent to me. I've seen other folks have it encircling a wider area on the map or sometimes not at all. I hope I'm explaining that right...

What do you suppose would that thing be or mean? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's the "political" part of the map per a premium subscription (of which I am currently on the free trial). Am I correct in that assumption?

Thanks folks! See ya in-game!

DeletedUser707

Firstly The Paladin... So far he does not have a weapon. Does this mean he doesn't fight when I send him out with the army for raiding and whatnot? How does he defend himself?

You paladin will still fight, the only thing changes with the weapons is that your paladin holding a certain weapon will improve the stats of your other troops. There is a weapon for every troop (including nobleman) If you any further questions on this I would be happy to PM you the details and suggestions on how paladins work and give an example of each weapon.

If he's accompanying the troops, weapon or no weapon, he grants additional bonuses to the army. Correct?

He does not grant "additional bonuses" to the army with out the weapon, he simply adds more offensive strength when you send him but only his power. A paladin alone only has a 150 attack power which can be found here. If your interested in other united fighting power they can be found here.

What do you suppose would that thing be or mean? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's the "political" part of the map per a premium subscription (of which I am currently on the free trial). Am I correct in that assumption?

This could be one of two things, will also depend on the world your on (for my theory) If your on W14 (which won't make since because you would need 500 points for the free pp) It could be a church. This theory is likely incorrect but figured I would point this out first.

The more logical answer is that it is indeed the political map. Which will change colors based on your highlighted players/tribes, or your diplomacy within your tribe. Will also change the size based on the cluster of how many villages that tribe/player has. This does not impact that game, it is simply a feature to have something colorful to look at. Personally I find it annoying and do not use it but some players like it.

Hope my answers help if you have any further questions PM me or post them below I will be happy to help you :)

~ Pursuit of Happiness

DeletedUser

Hey thanks Pursuit of Happiness! This definitely clears things up for me.

Yeah, that's what I meant about the Paladin... His presence with the army still improves their attack/defense/etc. stats. It's just that initially, I just figured that since he does not hold a weapon, he would be rendered useless until he does. But eventually I came to realize that, even with or without a weapon, his inclusion into the army will still improve the attack/defense/etc. And that the whole "weapon" thing acts kind of like the Flag designation in the game... whereas a certain Flag, or in this case a weapon, grants additional stat bonuses (i.e. one of my flag adds "-10% points cost", so perhaps one of Paladin's weapons grants additional offensive strength or defense, etc.). So anyway, thanks for clarifying that for me. I just wanted to make sure.

And as for the other thing, yeah... I'm thinking it's the political map feature. (I'm on W13) Because my world map prior to the free trial on the premium subscription didn't show these extra things on it. But it's kinda cool to look at... Kinda shows your area of influence, if you will.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in and clarifying these things. I appreciate it!

DeletedUser707

Should have posted this with my first post but forgot to... Here is the link for the pally weapons explains what they do. Another suggestion I would make is to use the simulator and mess around with all the weapons and find the one you like the best. Me personally I like the ram weapon the best for offense (kills the wall faster with less rams in your nuke) And catapult weapon for Defense.

Click here for weapon list

DeletedUser

Hey thanks again PoH!

Yeah, I've never made use of the simulator... I suppose it's a good indicator of what to expect in skirmishes.

And this weapon list is giving me things to look forward to! Ha!

Once again, much obliged!