[Question/Discussion]

DeletedUser1446

Don´t you guys think US.1 should be closed already to new members?

just a thought

DeletedUser548

It would probably help with bringing about the endgame phase of US1. I agree on closing the world to new members. I started again on US1 under Dahr555 a little over a month ago, to have some fun and re-connect with friends, and I started next to a player who was 40-50k. Extremely close to me were also several 100-200k players, and even a few 300-500k players. I no longer play under that name...

US1 should be closed to new members. There is a very small chance of them surviving, and thus would be pointless for them to join in the first place.

DeletedUser1180

US1 is moving faster than a lot of older worlds I know. Look at BJ and Ego404. They own a very large part of the world already.
Dahr555 has a point.

DeletedUser

I agree. No new member has a chance. I am over a million points, and there is a member next to one of my villages under beginners protection... o_O

DeletedUser

I agree. No new member has a chance. I am over a million points, and there is a member next to one of my villages under beginners protection... o_O

Look out, he is gonna noble you. :D

I think I have stated before but what the heck. This forum is pretty dead and I'm up to it.

I am pretty sure that players will not be able to join w1 once total membership reaches under 1000 players. I believe that after membership is below 500 players will no longer be rimmed or offered restart.

This of course would be the way things went on the world I have finished on .net. There are many factors that are considered before something like this happens...

DeletedUser1446

Look out, he is gonna noble you. :D

I think I have stated before but what the heck. This forum is pretty dead and I'm up to it.

I am pretty sure that players will not be able to join w1 once total membership reaches under 1000 players. I believe that after membership is below 500 players will no longer be rimmed or offered restart.

This of course would be the way things went on the world I have finished on .net. There are many factors that are considered before something like this happens...

But at this point we have : Number of players: 2.123

Waiting for those 1.123 to leave or become barb or being nobled will take forever...since we (Ego404) obviously are nobling the Big Fish...

It is so boring coining now..:(

DeletedUser188

here my the stats from 4 days ago once again:
-548 50k+players
-751 5k+ players
-1008 500+ players
-1189 200+ players

and here those from today:
-534 50k+ players
-732 5k+ players
-984 500+ players
-1173 200+ players

i wont comment this!

DeletedUser

I think they should keep it open and just expand the rim, like w6 on .net where all continents are used and map is completely full at the late game stage

But to do this they would have to increase starting Build:
HQ 10
Barracks 10
Stable 10
Workshop 5
RP 1
Statue 1
First Church 1
Market 5
Ressies 15
Farm 15
Warehouse 15
Wall 10

And some troops:
1k Spear
1k Axe

100 scouts
500 lc

50 rams

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser188

I think they should keep it open and just expand the rim, like w6 on .net where all continents are used and map is completely full at the late game stage

HQ 10
Barracks 10
Stable 10
Workshop 5
RP 1
Statue 1
First Church 1
Market 5
Ressies 15
Farm 15
Warehouse 15
Wall 10

And some troops:
1k Spear
1k Axe

100 scouts
500 lc

50 rams

the differene is that net has probably over 20k players and we only have 2k

DeletedUser1446

HQ 10
Barracks 10
Stable 10
Workshop 5
RP 1
Statue 1
First Church 1
Market 5
Ressies 15
Farm 15
Warehouse 15
Wall 10

And some troops:
1k Spear
1k Axe

100 scouts
500 lc

50 rams

Your name says it all:p

Not even with that amount of troops players would be able to play this world... I am now without coins... Farming like crazy but even so not enough coins coming...

At this point the only way a small player could play a bit more time is just stay quite.. Don´t noble (which is bad/boring i think) and just don´t do nothing. After we finish the big fish we even won´t be able to CONQUER those small guys due to MORAL lol...

DeletedUser

Your name says it all:p

Not even with that amount of troops players would be able to play this world... I am now without coins... Farming like crazy but even so not enough coins coming...

At this point the only way a small player could play a bit more time is just stay quite.. Don´t noble (which is bad/boring i think) and just don´t do nothing. After we finish the big fish we even won´t be able to CONQUER those small guys due to MORAL lol...

Ok then if we start them with ressies 20 and troop count

5k spear
1k axe
2k lc
500 hc
100 ram

1 month Beginner Protection

DeletedUser548

I would rather have US1 close as well... It'd just be too much for the new players who come here, and start next to players who are above 100k

DeletedUser

This server has its own rules and guidelines, but if you use the closing guidelines of the .net server as an idea for when a world might close, US1 hasnt met the criteria. The top tribe only owns 11% of the villages. There are almost 2100 players remaining. I am not saying a new player would have an easy go, but it certainly wouldnt be out of the question for someone to start at the rim and build.

By comparison, W48 .net has less than 2000 players, the top tribe there owns approx 11% of the villages and its not closed either. I understand the desire to see a world end, but I think folks are jumping the gun a little bit. Of course, its not my call. OFLOW could come out in 15 mins and say "Worlds closed! Ego404 wins! Cookies and milk for everyone!"

DeletedUser188

This server has its own rules and guidelines, but if you use the closing guidelines of the .net server as an idea for when a world might close, US1 hasnt met the criteria. The top tribe only owns 11% of the villages. There are almost 2100 players remaining. I am not saying a new player would have an easy go, but it certainly wouldnt be out of the question for someone to start at the rim and build.

By comparison, W48 .net has less than 2000 players, the top tribe there owns approx 11% of the villages and its not closed either. I understand the desire to see a world end, but I think folks are jumping the gun a little bit. Of course, its not my call. OFLOW could come out in 15 mins and say "Worlds closed! Ego404 wins! Cookies and milk for everyone!"

you cant compare net to us...
why dont you compare the domination of the rank 5 tribes of those 2 worlds???
they will be complete different.
another fact: 50% of the players that are left dont have 5k points yet, they will have no chance to play an important role how this world will end, its just a matter of time( in fact nobles) when they will be nobled

DeletedUser

Read my post more carefully, I said US is different. My post was because we have no stated closing guidelines here, then I was using the next best option available. Worlds generally close when there are certain checkpoints reached. We do not have a tribe with critical mass. We still have over 2000 players, if those players are dead, then they will barb in short order and then the checkpoints will be reached. Players still join the world. I do agree, it is a matter of time (and nobles) but closing the world wont change that either.

DeletedUser1446

That 11% that we speak of it includes the barbarian villages also? If it does it´s like this:

11% - Ego
5% - Other tribes
10% inactive players
74% - Abandon villages:D

Just kidding

DeletedUser

My only concern is that if we win this world, we have some respect for having done so. We have already kept ourselves from hugging the world to death - which is why we went to war with BJ instead of trying to incorporate with them; now I think we also need to avoid any appearance that the world was 'handed' to us by some lenient closing rules.

IMO...the world is now on rails that lead only to an Ego404 victory. The only thing that can stop us is if we derail ourselves. I'd like to see things progress a bit more before we really attempt to exert any pressure at all on the 'closing guidelines'.