Simple Unit Guide for Begginers

DeletedUser

In this tutorial I'll explain you how to use correctly each unit on tribalwars.

Spear Fighter
unit_spear.png
: Infantry Defensive/Farming Unit. It must only be used for defense, or farming in the beggining of the game. It must not be used to attack other player execept to farm them. It's good defending against cavalry and at farming it can handle 25 resources.

Swordsman
unit_sword.png
: Infantry Defensive Unit. It's a defensive unit, speccialy against cavalry. It's a very slow unit and can handle only 15 resources so it must not be used to farm.

Axeman
unit_axe.png
: Infantry Attack Unit. It's the only Infantry Attack unit in the game. It as a strong attack (40) and it is very bad defending. It can only handle 10 resources and it's very slow like the Swordsman so it shouldn't be used to farm.

Scout
unit_spy.png
: Cavalry Scout Unit. This unit only propose is to see the other player troops, because it cannot atack other units and it can only defend against other scouts. It is also the fastest unit in the game.

Light Cavalry
unit_light.png
: Cavalry Attack/Farming Unit. It's the Cavalry unit that should be used to attack the other players. It's also the best unit to farm because it's the second fastest unit in the game and it can handle 80 resources.

Heavy Cavalry
unit_heavy.png
: Cavalry Defending Unit. It's the best unit to defend in the game against all the units (Workshop units not included). It can handle 50 resources but it's not frequently used to farm.

Ram
unit_ram.png
: Wall Destruction Unit. It's a unit that it can only be used to destruct the other player's walls. It's very good because with the wall destructed, when you attack a player, you're dead units number will decrease a lot.

Catapult
unit_catapult.png
: Building Destruction Unit. This is a very important attacking unit because if you use it right, for example, choosing it to attack the enemy's rally point, he wont't be able to receive support from the other players or move his troops to out of the village.

Nobleman
unit_snob.png
: Conquer Unit. It's the unit that can conquer your enemy's villages. It can take out the village's loyalty to a maximum os 30% for each attack. Do not use more than a nobleman in an attack because the loyalty will decrease as if there is only one nobleman. It's recommended to attack with 4 nobleman one right after each other to make sure the enemy village is conquered (Noble Train). It must be accompained by other units because it's very weak.

Tutorial made by: LuisDrk69
Cσρуяιgнт © 2011™
║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║█║▌│█│█║▌█║▌█║▌█║▌

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1446

In this tutorial I'll explain you how to use correctly each unit on tribalwars.

Spear Fighter
unit_spear.png
: Infantry Defensive/Farming Unit. It must only be used for defense, or farming in the beggining of the game. It must not be used to attack other player execept to farm them. It's good defending against cavalry and at farming it can handle 25 resources.

Swordsman
unit_sword.png
: Infantry Defensive Unit. It's a defensive unit, speccialy against axeman. It's a very slow unit and can handle only 15 resources so it must not be used to farm. (there are ways to make the swordsman to be effective/helpfull in farming but that must be learned...not teached!)

Axeman
unit_axe.png
: Infantry Attack Unit. It's the only Infantry Attack unit in the game. It as a strong attack (40) and it is very bad defending. It can only handle 10 resources and it's very slow like the Swordsman so it shouldn't be used to farm.(there are ways to make the axeman to be effective/helpfull in farming but that must be learned...not teached!)

Scout
unit_spy.png
: Cavalry Scout Unit. This unit only propose is to see the other player troops, because it cannot attack other units and it can only defend against other scouts. It is also the fastest unit in the game. Depending on configs of the worlds but scouts can see troops in village/troops outside village/buildings of the village)

Light Cavalry
unit_light.png
: Cavalry Attack/Farming Unit. It's the Cavalry unit that should be used to attack the other players. (For example if after scouting you see the deffender only has Swordsman...otherwise you should mix with axeman and rams but that´s for another tuto!) It's also the best unit to farm because it's the second fastest unit in the game and it can handle 80 resources.

Heavy Cavalry
unit_heavy.png
: Cavalry Defending Unit. It's the best unit to defend in the game against all the units (Workshop units not included). It can handle 50 resources but it's not frequently used to farm.

Ram
unit_ram.png
: Wall Destruction Unit. It's a unit that it can only be used to destruct the other player's walls. It's very good because with the wall destructed, when you attack a player, your dead units number will decrease a lot as the defender doesn´t have the defence bonus given from the WALL!

Catapult
unit_catapult.png
: Building Destruction Unit. This is a very important attacking unit because if you use it right, for example, choosing it to attack the enemy's rally point, he wont't be able to receive support from the other players or move his troops to out of the village. the rally point must be putted down in speeds only imo... and i think thay´s wrong but not sure

Nobleman
unit_snob.png
: Conquer Unit. It's the unit that can conquer your enemy's villages. It can take out the village's loyalty from 20% to a maximum of 35% for each attack. Do not use more than a nobleman in an attack because the loyalty will decrease as if there is only one nobleman. It's recommended to attack with 4 nobleman one right after each other to make sure the enemy village is conquered (Noble Train). It must be accompained by other units because it's very weak. Here it is said that 2 , 3 or 4 nobles in the same attack(saying that all live) will do the same effect as 1 (between 20% and 35%)...

Tutorial made by: LuisDrk69
Cσρуяιgнт © 2011™
║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║█║▌│█│█║▌█║▌█║▌█║▌

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Axes move the same speed as spears and archers.

And taking down the rally point is usually useless, because people mostly don't recall troops to snipe. I personally still do it just in case i run into someone who does. And you can still receive support from other players.

Main think I personally use Catas for is to break people: cating down their hq, rax, smithy, farm, stable, market in the beginning. Or i use them in a pally world with my paladin and the bonfire.

DeletedUser

oh and i always use HC to farm if it isn't supporting another village...

DeletedUser

If anything, this is a great source for misinformation.

KillerSpear corrects it quite well.

DeletedUser1446

But not perfectly as i don´t have the pacience! sorry

DeletedUser

Well, it does the job of telling people that the original guide writer missed a *few* important things, and states other things plain wrong. I hope people have enough braincells to add those facts up to 'find other guide' ;)

On a side note, isn't this better ? Sure it requires a little thinking, but if that is too much to ask, you should sign up for hello kitty online ;)

DeletedUser1446

Well, it does the job of telling people that the original guide writer missed a *few* important things, and states other things plain wrong. I hope people have enough braincells to add those facts up to 'find other guide' ;)

On a side note, isn't this better ? Sure it requires a little thinking, but if that is too much to ask, you should sign up for hello kitty online ;)

Lol...i am a fond of tutorial made by players althought:) i like it better really

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I thought the point of noit letting people create threads in this forum was so moderators could discern what threads were of high enough quality to belong here. Simply put whoever moved this to this forum either needs to learn to play, or they didn't read the post before moving it. I am assuming, and hoping, that it was the latter, as if it was the former then there's a real problem.