DeletedUser

What tech level setting do you prefer?

1. Simple tech
2. 15 tech
3. 10 levels per unit
4. I have no preference

Discuss here!

DeletedUser

I am over it with the simple tech and prefer something more in depth.

The strategy needs to come more into play like chess, Not with a roving horde and numbers win,

having complex tech evens the board and gives savvy players great fun

DeletedUser3990

I prefer 15 tech to simple tech, I've never played 10 levels per unit but I'm intrigued. I'd love to try.

DeletedUser3007

simple tech, anything that's more "in depth" becomes more of a chore

DeletedUser

Would someone mind explaining to me what all the different techs are, and what the tech settings are on Worlds 6, 8, 9, and Casual?
There are currently no guides about techs, I looked.

DeletedUser

CLICK HERE

This is a description of the tech-limits and how they work, and the world settings are as follows:

World 6 - Simple Tech
World 7 - Simple Tech
World 8 - Simple Tech
World 9 - Simple Tech
Casual - Simple Tech

In short, they're all the same :D.

DeletedUser

@u6s5l.
Thanks.

I like the sound of 15 tech, but because I've never tried it I'm not voting on this survey.

DeletedUser1180

Is there a 10 levels per unit possibility? If you can research them all that might take ages.
I know the 15 tech level from experience and not too fond of it. With 8 items you can not research all of them (that would take 24 levels) so you have to make choices.
So simple tech is still my favorite.
For more in-depth playing you might wanna try Grepolis, the us server. I don't think Jesse will mind more players there too. It has land and sea units and you need to choose gods.

DeletedUser

I definitely think the 15 tech level smithy is more interesting and demanding than the simple system. The 10 levels per unit is something I have never tried, but I imagine it's rather messy.

However. As the game moves into the later stages of the game, when you get a couple of hundred (or a few thousand) villages, and brute force is more of an issue than finesse, it can be a royal pain to have to upgrade tech levels. Even with the relatively new upgrades-overview it can feel a touch too messy.

So I guess I'd prefer a world where suddenly the smithy system changed to simple after a set amount of time. Unrealistic, sure, but hey, dreaming is fun.

DeletedUser

i have been playing here and there, and tried out those settings. i still prefer simple.
15 tech is a useful, but the flags do the same, more or less.. you have 15 tech-levels you can explore. in some villages you can go all def, and use tech-levels to upgrade their skills. and so on in off-villages. and you can combine, and mess up :p
basicly, flags do the same job, but easier to control. instead of just making spears strong, flags make ALL troops strong.

DeletedUser

15 tech was really enjoyable, never played on one for a long time( if speed rounds doesn't count) and I really miss it.
10 level tech is just too much and has no strategy to it, it just requires more resources and more time to improve troops. And as BTP says its too messy when you get to hundreds of villages. Or was it for every village I can't quite remember, jesse can you enlighten us? I think the 10 level system was for good and applied all villages.

Last edited by a moderator: