"The Art of Winning an Unfair Game"

DeletedUser

(...taken from the book that the new movie "moneyball" was based on)

As a former number one (server 21 and 27) Evony player the answer is obvious: credit cards.

As a noobie on this forum, I want to know if there are any (more creative) tactics to winning at this game.

Thank you, in advance, for your suggestions.

DeletedUser

Short of buying premium monthly, all you need is a silver tongue and average playing skills to be able to get to the end of a world usually. To be a top-tier, well-respected player who is top of the charts at the end of the world, you should practice your playing skills (the ones in the guides, which I will fix if you tell me which aren't working :)) to the point of near-perfection, and have a gilded tongue instead of just a silver one ;). Premium is usually needed to become a top-tier player, but to put huge amounts of money into the game is not a guarantee in Tribalwars to be the best, though I suppose it could help :p.

DeletedUser

(...taken from the book that the new movie "moneyball" was based on)

As a former number one (server 21 and 27) Evony player the answer is obvious: credit cards.

As a noobie on this forum, I want to know if there are any (more creative) tactics to winning at this game.

Thank you, in advance, for your suggestions.

pretend you are female, post a really smex image as your coa and from there on out its an easy ride :D

DeletedUser

Thank you for the info so far.

Perv... I am building troops as fast as I can, but just spears and swords. I can't afford those expensive offensive troops yet.

u6... premium might be the way to go since I'm not a 24/7 player (almost?) --I've been reading the newbie guides, interesting and diverse viewpoints.

DeletedUser2069

Goobs

you will have to learn the types of troops if you want to go far with your village.
Some are offensive some are defensive

DeletedUser

Paganstar... LOL, I'm an ugly dude; ironically, I got lots of female images stored. I don't think I'd be good at the pretending-to-be-female-and-oh-so-flirtacious bit.

DeletedUser2069

Yeah W4 is not a W4 to be female on

PERV is on that world :p

DeletedUser

Perv...

I use my spears/swords for farming, which I hope is the key to getting my village defensible. So far no attacks against me, so I feel lucky. Even though I built up my stable, those troops (except scouts) cost too much in resources.

DeletedUser

build up your light cavs mate, they cost more but the resources they will bring home in the long run is well worth it. If you have premium then look into making a tribal wars farm reports account or a simple micro farm script

DeletedUser

Paganstar...

I guess I have to swallow the fact that light cavs cost a bunch in research, then development.

Re: farming: I'm on the fringe and I am able to farm local abandonments and barbs with only 50-100 spears/swords (other players drain resources 24/7). So I am constantly farming, but some of my neighbors seem to be building their points up faster than me -- yes, I am scared.

DeletedUser

Just up your mines. Then farm farm farm... Then you have lc... Then farm more.

DeletedUser

dont worry about anyone with points, aslong as you keep troops building non stop you will be fine. just dont try to compete with the point whores or you will end up with a low troop count and be taken out easily. message me in game if you like and i will help you out aslong as you are nowhere near me and going to be taking resources from my farms :D

DeletedUser

Short of buying premium monthly, all you need is a silver tongue and average playing skills to be able to get to the end of a world usually. To be a top-tier, well-respected player who is top of the charts at the end of the world, you should practice your playing skills (the ones in the guides, which I will fix if you tell me which aren't working :)) to the point of near-perfection, and have a gilded tongue instead of just a silver one ;). Premium is usually needed to become a top-tier player, but to put huge amounts of money into the game is not a guarantee in Tribalwars to be the best, though I suppose it could help :p.

HAHA, now this made me laugh huge, it was like you had me in mind, the first part that is, average player, with PP and liked ;)

DeletedUser

What can I say, you're on my mind stafast...just messing :p.

Oh, the other things you should do are memorize the forum rules and the in-game rules ;).

DeletedUser

Good advice everybody. Here's my problem: my village is strong defensively, but I have no offensive troops. I farm with my spears/swords, but I couldn't hold a candle to any active player. Eventually, someone will sack my village (0 resources not hiding!). So I am asking if there is a shortcut to fame and fortune on this world.

DeletedUser

Probably join PERV and ride them all the way to end-game victory :p getting in is not likely, but that's what'll get you there haha

DeletedUser

e2 ... from what I learned on Evony, picking your tribes is everything, but I was hoping for a different experience on TribalWars.

DeletedUser

Your friends tend to be what gets you wherever you want. Your skill/reputation is what gets you those friends, so skill=survival, although not directly how most people may interpret it...