The difference

• Thread starter Battlestar Galactica
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Wait...you didn't....Found it?

.us is the Internet country code top‐level domain (ccTLD) for the United States and was established in 1985. Registrants of .us domains must be United States citizens, residents, or organizations, or a foreign entity with a presence in the United States. Most registrants in the country have registered for .com, .net, .org and other gTLDs, instead of .us, which has primarily been used by state and local governments despite any entity having the option of registering a .us domain.

The domain name .net is a generic top-level domain (gTLD) used in the Domain Name System of the Internet. The name is derived from network, indicating its originally intended purpose for organizations involved in networking technologies, such as Internet service providers and other infrastructure companies. However, restrictions were never enforced and the domain is a general purpose name space. It is still popular with network operators, and is often treated as an alternate to com.

And .us is newer than .net...there are also Tribalwars.asia, Tribalwars.jp, Tribalwars.bg, Tribalwars.nl and many others....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

mate .net was not first , the german server started like 3 years before .net LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

.net is meant to be the international server and .us is the country server like .co.uk or .de .jp and etc

DeletedUser

.net is meant to be the international server and .us is the country server like .co.uk or .de .jp and etc

Really, I played on .net and most of players were from US/UK, but here on .us ... there are a lot of players froma lot of countries, Dutch, Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakai Rep., Portugal, Korea, Brasil, and many others ...

Maybe it is somethere written, that .us is a country server, but I think that it is more internatinal than country ... Because I am not from UK/US xD Banned me xD

DeletedUser

He doesn't mean you have to be from the United States to use this site...Just that this site is the United States version of TW...I did think it was weird when I first signed in on these forums under Rabbitron85 that there was more foreign speakers than english...It was quite annoying, just goes to show that no matter how much you deny it everyone still loves/envies/wants-to-be-a-part-of the U.S. of A...

DeletedUser

Yeah I'm seeing more people outside the US here than I do on international. :p