Timing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm a way off from this point, but was wondering about timing attacks from different villages. I've seen that you can get within 200 ms or so, and it seems to be better to get the attacks closer together. Do the attacks happen super quick? I'm just trying to grasp why and what the differences are between 200ms, 1.5 sec, and 1 min. I love this game so far but it seems from what I read this will be a tidious and boring part. Ty for any help

DeletedUser

200ms = Very fast

1.5 sec = Most can dodge these attacks, also might backtime it

1 minute = You will get dodged, backtimed and village likely to be destroyed

DeletedUser

chingo used to be in .net on world 15 and he taught how to do that...

DeletedUser

Are you talking about 4 nuke nobles from different villages? Anything under 2 seconds would be extremely effective as it splitting D villages to snipe is impractical and at least 1DV has to land between each nuke noble in order to kill it. Under 1 second would not only be very difficult but extremely lucky. For 4 attacks from a single village, it all depends on the server attack gap, this can be hit 90% of the time. Before the attack gap was brought in I saw numerous trains under 10ms apart for 4 attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm a way off from this point, but was wondering about timing attacks from different villages. I've seen that you can get within 200 ms or so, and it seems to be better to get the attacks closer together. Do the attacks happen super quick? I'm just trying to grasp why and what the differences are between 200ms, 1.5 sec, and 1 min. I love this game so far but it seems from what I read this will be a tidious and boring part. Ty for any help

Well, you shouldn't be too worried about this point of the game - basically its just the difference between nobles going towards enemy village. Its easy to see that the lower the grasp is the better and higher change that the enemy cannot prevent that the train hit the village. Pretty much like what is explained above me by RatedRR.

What the enemy can do is the snipe the train so the train cannot lower the loyalty of the village to 0 and therefor doesn't loose the village - although in many cases people tend to over estimate this; you don't need to time your nobles at barbarians, you don't always have to time your nobletrain well when your attacking village right next to you due to it being unlikely the owner is online when the attack take place and there aren't all people that know how to snipe or are to bored to be online just to snipe one train. Even though these reason are quite many don't underestimate it ether.

I assume your new to the game? If so I would advice you to focus more on your gameplay; getting pretty good idea on building your village and troops so it maximize your needs. Although if you think your doing great and think your ready to learn more then I would advice you to read these guides below.

The (almost) Complete TW Dictionary. I would advice you to read this - there are probably many things that you don't understand in this thread that can be found there. (dodging, sniping etc.)

Sending Nobles This is nothing important, if you want to lower the grasp between your nobles then I would advice you to read this one through.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser173

Under 1 second would not only be very difficult but extremely lucky.

If it's not difficult, then why is it lucky??? :rolleyes:

I'm generally too lazy to do this method, but it works almost every time. The trick for this method is making sure the target village's wall was recently cleared and having a number of nukes hitting the village before the train.

DeletedUser

If it's not difficult, then why is it lucky??? :rolleyes:

I'm generally too lazy to do this method, but it works almost every time.

I will agree there, but i sometimes do it to annoy people around me (they send me a mail) :D

The trick for this method is making sure the target village's wall was recently cleared and having a number of nukes hitting the village before the train.

A good point

DeletedUser

Anybody can send 4 attacks within a second, thats just browser mechanics. What I was reffering to be difficult was the sending of 4 attacks from different villages all to land within a second. I know it can be done because I've done it myself but depends on lag and other factors - thus you have to be 'lucky'.

DeletedUser

With me, i don't count luck, i do wayyyyy too much planning when sending different attacks from different villages

DeletedUser

Yes as do most people but lag can vary greatly between each attack send time. You can reduce it but not remove it completely and it's a factor that can't be stopped. How can planning affect a constantly changing variable? It can't, you've got to make a decision based on the circumstances at the time.

Personally speaking from time on .net I would say that the gap between necessary your attacks depends on the defender. For a strong player in a strong tribe, the closer the better, however, for a weaker opponent or a barbarian/inactive nobling then the attacks don't need to be as good. It's very much a decision that you have to make and develop yourself.

DeletedUser173

Anybody can send 4 attacks within a second, thats just browser mechanics. What I was reffering to be difficult was the sending of 4 attacks from different villages all to land within a second. I know it can be done because I've done it myself but depends on lag and other factors - thus you have to be 'lucky'.

I understood the question, and I had thought that we all agreed on a 0.3 second train being extremely easy with the right setup.

The worst part about using different villages are some of the following...

1) Once you have nobled the village, you'll now have 3 villages each with 1 noble in them making things problematic...

2) You actually have to calculate lag and times to land CORRECTLY on your first try, otherwise, you won't be able to cancel the other nobles.

Status
Not open for further replies.