Tribe Lock

DeletedUser

When are we going to see a world with no ability to move tribes once you have joined?
Worlds are getting smaller, less people are spending the time to teach new players.

Over the years i have watched worlds shrink, and it's always the same people hopping from tribe to tribe leaving destruction and disillusionment to new players in their wake.

This is the only war game i have played where players are reluctant to kill their "mates"
in other tribes. It's a game guys kill them T-bag them have a laugh about it and move on.

DeletedUser707

I don't think we will ever see another world like that. If you were around .net for W27 (I think it was W27) They had the tribe lock setting and the end result was more inactivity then normal. Although they could improve the settings. Back then you got randomly placed into a tribe at the start of the world and simply could not leave for a certain period of time. What ended up happening a bunch of players would add each other on skype and still work together even if they were not in the same tribe. Tribes were mostly inactive due to players not wanting to be in certain tribes. Overall was deemed a failed setting and was never seen again.

If they adjusted it making it to where everyone joins the world with out a tribe and only allowed you to join lets say 2 tribes through out the world. Or say "tribe lock" as you say after a certain amount of days days (30,60, or 90). This could work and be pretty interesting. I wouldn't expect it to happen though. Would take alot of convincing for INNO to approve it in my opinion just based on the results of W27.

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
Indeed W27 was a complete flop. But a tribe lock could be implemented differently. A better system would be that once the world is x days old, players could no longer leave their tribe - as is done regularly on speed rounds/high performance/masters worlds. This sort of setting would work wonderfully with a low member limit and no allied win.

DeletedUser

Ahh.. i wasn't aware it had been tried before, but randomly placing you in a tribe for keeps at the beginning is a no brainer.. it's not going to work.
I like the idea of using the speed rules xx amount of days before tribe change and maybe limit it to one change.
I think this would encourage more players to teach and be taught and increase longevity for beginners.

DeletedUser707

I agree and like the idea, just think the odds of them testing settings on US server is very slim. You would be better off suggesting this on the .net server. US server is very rarely used as a "test server" from my experience playing here. They never really try new things, just take what is successful on other servers.