Tribemate of the Year 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

newgoldtotybanner1.png

So, as the Tribalwars.US team was lounging about one day, we found we had very little to talk about. The holidays were coming up, less people would be around, and we found ourselves very, very bored!

Gradually, we began talking:

u6s5l.: Hey Aliyah, I'm bored. What should we do?
marcus the mad: Hurr durr durr.
u6s5l.: Yes marcus, we understand you're bored.
Aliyah: We could, uh...I don't know.
Dahr555: Well, I'm bored too.
Nauzhror: Don't look at me, I'm the new guy!
MOLOCO: We could ban everyone?
u6s5l.: It's not April Fools, it's coming up on the New Years.
marcus the mad: HURR DURR DURR.

It was at this point that Aliyah and I had an epiphany of sorts. With 2012 coming to a close, we remembered that 'tis the season of giving. So we would have our annual award ceremony! An award-ceremony that could be rivaled only by those that came before it. The type of award-ceremony that only comes around once a year and isn't on a holiday! Last year, the award ceremony was a huge success...As an annual event, it's time for it to be run again!

And so, we resolved to run...the Tribemate of the Year competition for 2012!

Last year, our Tribemate of the Year was Ridick4. This year, who will capture the title? The rules and entry guidelines are similar to those of last year.

To nominate: -

• You must have played a Tribalwars.US world in the past 12 months.
  • The winner must be nominated by another player. You cannot nominate yourself.
  • When nominating, include a short description on why this person goes above and beyond any other tribemate.
  • Nominations must be made between December 21st, 2012 and January 24nd, 2012 for them to be considered.
  • Each person can make up to 3 nominations. The order of nominations is not considered in the results. Attempting to nominate more than 3 players will disqualify any previous nominations (this includes using forum aliases).
  • You need to post your nomination in this thread.

Remember to be detailed! We want to know why you think that player in particular is a better tribemate than anyone else on the entire Tribalwars.US server!

Wondering how it'll be run?

When the nomination period is over, the Tribalwars.US staff will look at all nominated players. By reading player nominations and looking at all stats, and possibly a game of pin-the-tail-on-the-player, the Tribalwars.US staff will make a decision on who the Tribemate of the Year for 2012 is. That player will obviously get bragging rights, along with the prize.

u6s5l.: So what are the prizes, you say?
marcus the mad: Hurr durr?
u6s5l.: Don't interrupt me while I'm talking. That's rude.

Anyways, you're asking. The prizes are pretty gosh-darned good if you ask me.

Prizes

1st place: 1000 premium points, and the forum title "Tribemate of the Year 2012"

The winner will also, of course, be added to the Tribemate of the Year Hall of Fame!

There is no 2nd or 3rd place. Instead, there will be "Highly Commended" tribemates. The prizes for these 3 other players (that's right, 3 runners-up) will be the forum title "Highly Commended Tribemate 2012", along with 200 premium each.

So, who will get the coveted crown this year? Who will be named top Tribemate of the Year of 2012? Nominate your favorite players, and find out!

And with that, the Tribemate of the Year of 2012 competition is officially open!

To discuss your nominations, the competition, or if you have any questions or suggestions, please post them in the discussion thread. Remember, all nominations must be posted in this thread to be considered.

newgoldtotybanner1.png

Tribalwars .US Staff cannot nominate or be nominated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Results!

Well, well, well. So you want to know who won the Tribemate of the Year 2012 competition? And who were the three highly commended runners up?

Well you can't. Because Aliyah isn't telling.

Pssssst...I'll tell you, but only if you promise to keep it a secret.

Now that I've got that looney stuff out of my system, on to the awards! It was a tough deliberation and voting period for the moderators of the Tribalwars.US team. We looked at in-game statistics, statements from players, and more, and came up with our 4 winners, though there can be only one supreme Tribemate of the Year!

Last year, the Tribemate was Yanna01, who won with her glowing recommendations, and great in-game skills. Winning W1 of Tribalwars.US, she dazzled the judges with her skills as an effective Tribemate.

Following much of the same path, the winner for this year had more recommendations than anyone else, to back up their in-game statistics!

Without further ado, winning 1000 premium points and the forum title "Tribemate of the Year 2012" on whichever account they choose, the first place Tribemate of the Year 2012 is...just a try!

Congratulations to you! But we're not done just yet; there's still 3 other people who came as runners-up. Each of these three will receive 200 premium points, as well as the forum title "Highly Commended Tribemate 2012" on whichever forum accounts they choose. And in the order in which they came as runners-up, here are the three:

1. Yontash
2. Selac
3. England

Congratulations to all the winners, and all those who were nominated! It was a tough pick, and we would like to thank all those who participated and who act as good tribemates to make this game even more enjoyable.

For those who won, please private message me with the accounts you would like the premium credited to, as well as the forum name that you would like the titles added to.

Thank you all, and until next year, we have a new reigning Tribemate of the Year!

All discussion about the results should be placed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.