Tribemate of the Year: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

newgoldtotybanner1.png

That's right, the time is finally here for us to announce who won the Tribemate of the Year competition! This is the first annual competition of "Tribemate of the Year", so the winner has the privilege of being the first person ever to be crowned the most valued tribemate around!

2011 was a year of great advancement for the .us server. Here's what has occurred since the beginning of 2011:

• Version 7.0 of Tribalwars Was Released
  • New Smilies Were Added to the Forums
  • Tribalwars.us's Facebook Page Launched
  • World 3 Was Released
  • A New Help Page Was Made
  • The Forum Rules Were Altered
  • World 4 Was Released
  • Dahr555 Joined the Moderator Team
  • The Forum Journal Section Was Released
  • Aliyah Became the New CM
  • World 1 Closed to New Registrations
  • Version 8.0 of Tribalwars Was Released
  • World 5 Was Released
  • World 6 Was Released

As you can see, our server has had a lot of changes made to it in this time. And out of all this time, of the over 8,000 players on this server and countless more thousand who have played on it, only one can be crowned Tribemate of the Year. After a careful process of investigation, discussion, and thinking, we have finally found the one person we think best represents the Tribalwars.us Server best as an exceptional Tribemate!

This person has been a Tribemate and a friend to enough people on the server, that they earned the vote almost unanimously when it came to a vote. They received multiple nominations, and were clearly one of the top picks from those nominated, and those on the server.

What makes this person the Tribemate of the Year? What makes them stand out amongst the rest?

Well, there's a lot of qualities that led to our decision. Besides this person's obvious dedication to their tribes and helping their tribemates above themselves, the winner of this year's Tribemate of the Year has been helpful in both teaching and assisting everyone they've come across.

Building friendships is a part of this game, and for many it is the most enjoyable part. During all our investigations and searches, there was not a single person who had been in a tribe with this person that did not know our pick well, and every single person said they were thrilled whenever they realized this person was with them.

It was this fervor, this dedication with which people defended this person as their choice for Tribemate of the Year that swayed the votes in their favor. So without further ado, the grand prize winner of the Tribemate of the Year competition...the first one of the Tribalwars.us server...the top Tribemate of the Year in 2011 is...

*Drumroll*

22i4k9.jpg

Rather than continue to explain the decision for Ridick4 being named Tribemate of the Year, let's take a look at what some others said to vouch for her nomination:

HunWarrior93 is the first to provide his reasons for Ridick4:

u6s5l.: So, let's begin. Why don't you start by introducing yourself?

LaZ..: Alrighty. Hi my name is LaZ, I'm 19 years old. I was born in the US, but family issues made me move back to Hungary. I've played TW for 5 years, and my hobbies are talking with friends, trolling friends, and doing any outdoor activities.

u6s5l.: Alrighty then Laz, how did you meet Ridick4?

LaZ..: Well, I started US1 at the beginning, and joined Sie AQ as a loyal and trusted member. During the wars, I thought to myself, "I'll just start to contact my enemies randomly, just to get to know people. First I contacted Bo57, he is a cool guy, and we talked about religions and such. But after that I contacted Ridick4, as I saw her profile loaded with music, and there were a lot of songs with the same kind of taste that I have. So we talked about music, and about the war between Sie AQ and ~AD~ at that time :).

u6s5l.: Do you still play in a tribe with Ridick4 today? If so, where?

LaZ..: Yes, she helped me a lot to get into Ego404 on W1. When the war ended, there was a little diplomatic war for K44, for what was left behind after the mass delete of Sie AQ. She helped me by talking with the other leaders of Ego404 to get me in :). And I still play as an active member of Ego404 with her today :).

u6s5l.: So, why do you think Ridick4 was chosen as Tribemate of the Year?

LaZ..: Firstly, because she is the Godmother of Ego404. She cares about people, in the sense that she is kind when needed and strict when things get serious :). She gets things going so life circulates in Ego404 :).

u6s5l.: Is there anything else you believe that makes Ridick4 different from your usual tribemate? What does she bring to the table that most others don't?

LaZ..: Well, she talks with many people in the tribe on a personal level. She contacts them by private mail and skype, and she knows those people a lot more than the other leaders in Ego404 most of the time :). She also helps people with any problems in real life whenever they need help, and because of that the tribe goes on with the nobling and bashing :).

u6s5l.: Is there anything else you'd like to add about Ridick4? And anything that you'd like her to know when she reads this (like a message to her)?

LaZ..: I wish you all the best! Thank you for helping me go through the hardest parts of TW. I learned a lot from you! Best regards, LaZ..

u6s5l.: Thanks for the time :).

LaZ..: No problem. :)

I, u6s5l., also nominated Ridick4 for Tribemate of the Year. See the spoiler below for my input on Ridick4's contributions, and my reasons for nominating her:

Ridick4 is a tribemate in the truest sense. She will do anything she possibly can to assist you, even at the cost of her own account. She has assisted numerous people at numerous times, and she takes the level of camaraderie in a tribe to a whole new level. Whenever one find that they need help, she will organize it for them. However, Viv is more than just a tribemate in a game, she becomes a true friend to anyone she can. She creates friendships with people through the game, and keeps them. She helps people not only when they have troubles in the game, but also when they have troubles in life that she feels she can help them get through, and she absolutely never gives up on or gets angry, no matter how much they push her to that, sometimes out of an effort to isolate themselves. She works to help people, not just accounts, and is one of the tribemates I would consider top-of-the-line on more than just a playing level, but also on a personal level.

Ridick4 has earned my respect and my friendship, and I would consider her above-and-beyond any normal tribemate solely because she takes her duties to the next level, acting in a person-to-person way rather than just as an account that helps accounts.

Lastly, footloose (another competitor) also decided to contribute and say his piece on Ridick4, shown below:

Hello,

I am Brob aka. (Footloose) and currently playing the chris2218 account for well over a year now. I am co-duke of Ego404.

I met Viv(Riddick4) in game on W1. Since we made contact on skype we have been in pretty consistent communication, so I can say I know her pretty well as far as her time spent with us as a tribe.

I nominated Viv for this award for several reasons. She is very kind and communicates well. She probably has saved more people from the hammer than anyone in w1. She is always willing to go the extra mile to help a player finish this world with us. It is clear with the amount of deserved nominations she got that she has helped many people in many different ways. I was nominated but my tactics don't favor this kind of award. I like to play from the darker side of the game and hold people to high standards. Viv is the perfect balance to the kind of Duke I represent and is a key staff member to the success of our tribes great accomplishments.

I would like personally congratulate you Viv. I completely agree with this ruling and am proud to have gotten to work with you on world 1. Thanks for the all the help you give.

Your Friend,

Brob (Bill)

And so, it is with great pleasure that I present Ridick4 as the Tribemate of the Year of 2011. As a prize, she will receive 6 months worth of free premium (1200 premium points), and will receive the forum title "Tribemate of the Year 2011" on whichever forum account she prefers. Congratulations!

But wait, there's more!

110ym2f.png

We also have three runners-up in this competition, all of which came very close to reaching the coveted title of Tribemate of the Year. All three of them have proven to have similar qualities to those of Ridick4, and all have been highly valued by their tribes and tribemates.

To all three of these highly commended competitors, the Tribalwars.us team would like to acknowledge that you too help make this game more than just conquering villages, but a game of friendships and bonds between people, not just players. All three of these runners-up will receive the forum title "Highly Commended Tribemate 2011". In the event they have another forum title already, they can choose to switch the title or keep their old one. The three runners-up are, in no particular order:

Dryke
Black Mamba 1918
footloose

Congratulations to all competitors and nominators who made this competition possible, and thank you all for being the fantastic tribemates you have been. We will be adding Ridick4's name to the Tribemate of the Year Hall of Fame, and look forward to another competition with as fierce competition between the nominations as the last!

Congratulate/Discuss HERE.

All competitors, if you wish to receive your prizes, you must mail me by private message on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.