Unofficial FAQ

DeletedUser

I thought maybe going ahead and creating it for the sake of the new community.
Some of the questions and answers are for this stage, meaning they will get removed when there will be no use for them or when they "turn wrong".

1) What are "barbs"?
"Barbs" is short for "Barbarian villages", these villages are formed once a player restarts, some form at an entrance of a few players.

2) Why can't I set an avatar or a signature?
At this time the forum doesn't allow it due to unmentioned reasons.

3) What are BB-Codes?

BB-Codes are codes used on Bulletin Boards, such as vBulletin. Some games also allow BB-Codes ingame since they don't want to create new types of code. Though formally, BB-Codes are short for "Bulletin Board Codes".

A BB-Codes guide can be found in here.

4) Why is there a .US version if there is already a .Net version?

The .net was made in 2006, before Innogames knew they were going to have a version for each nationality.
Now that they have a version for each nationality, the .net version is more of an "International version".

5) Why is there a feature to reduce the time in half?

Apparently many requests for the feature came in, therefore the feature has been implemented.
The feature was first seen in an Innogames game in Grepolis.

6) Which scripts may be used in this version?

The list of approved scripts may be found in here.
At this stage it can be found in the UK version.

7) Why are the settings of World 1 as they are?

There are certain settings considered default for World 1s in all versions. In such World, the speed is always 1. (Slowest). The default settings for World 1 change with each or almost every new version of the game.

8) Why was World 1 reset?

Apparently there was a bug which caused as many as 60 barbarian villages to appear for every member who joined the world.

9) Is there a chat room?
There is no chat room for the US version and it seems that there will be no official chat room such as IRC.
The Community Manager said that an unofficial chat room may be made. Meaning players should make the chat room.

More questions and answers will be added. Feel free to suggest.
I hope this thread will be approved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Very good, those are all pretty common questions that I have seen in this world so far :) Thanks!

DeletedUser

I wish this world had never reset...

someone could have academy in less than 3 weeks =]

maybe 2 weeks if co :D