US12 Preworld Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

That's the point. It's not about timing coordination with players, to try and get nukes and support in. It's about working with other players to swarm others. Sure, you can time 10 nukes and a train in the same second, and it takes plenty of effort. But that doesn't force you to work with other players to be successful. You can gang up on a smaller player, or one who has worse internet and can't snipe, etc., and if they can't get stacked chances are the game will come down to who can time better. That, in my opinion, is a pretty poor way to decide things.

I personally have the most fun not when I win because my opponent couldn't snipe, but when my opponent never stood a chance. And how do you do that? Well, when you have real ops is when I think you have the most fun. Not an op where you can slowly whittle away at your opponent, taking 5-10 villages at a time. A real op, where your whole tribe works together to swamp an opponent and win.

Dunno about you, but I'd prefer that to coordinating some nuke timings between tribemates, which most people don't do anyways.

DeletedUser4689

That's the point. It's not about timing coordination with players, to try and get nukes and support in. It's about working with other players to swarm others. Sure, you can time 10 nukes and a train in the same second, and it takes plenty of effort. But that doesn't force you to work with other players to be successful. You can gang up on a smaller player, or one who has worse internet and can't snipe, etc., and if they can't get stacked chances are the game will come down to who can time better. That, in my opinion, is a pretty poor way to decide things.

I personally have the most fun not when I win because my opponent couldn't snipe, but when my opponent never stood a chance. And how do you do that? Well, when you have real ops is when I think you have the most fun. Not an op where you can slowly whittle away at your opponent, taking 5-10 villages at a time. A real op, where your whole tribe works together to swamp an opponent and win.

Dunno about you, but I'd prefer that to coordinating some nuke timings between tribemates, which most people don't do anyways.

I've been I'n worlds when people do that and I have been apart of teams to do this. On .net servers you have to deal with both many people ganging up on you and crazy timed trains. It was fun. That was before they had the mobile app.

I enjoy completely making someone give up cause they have no hope. Be it unsnipeable trains or many nukes between me and other tribemates.

DeletedUser2476

Seems to me that this randomizing setting would actually hurt the newer players. I would agree that it might make sniping easier but sniping wouldn't be worth it because each noble would likely have a full nuke. That means that whoever gets the edge on other players by nobling 4 villages first would really have the game under control. I'm willing to try the settings but they may not have been the best choice for a new player-friendly world.

DeletedUser1180

With all the pro's around in this game it will always be hard for new guys to get somewhere in this game.

Now this time the pro's have to deal with conditions several of the lesser players have to deal with on a daily basis: instable internet connection which makes it impossible for them to do what the good players do.
And I know how those big ego's can put you down if you miss a backtime or have a t-train with more than the minimal space in it, or if you miss the snipe because your internet varies between 6 and 3 seconds reactiontime in an unpredictable way.
So instead of complaining this world has impossible settings I challenge the complainers to give it a try and show they can handle it.

DeletedUser2476

With all the pro's around in this game it will always be hard for new guys to get somewhere in this game.

Now this time the pro's have to deal with conditions several of the lesser players have to deal with on a daily basis: instable internet connection which makes it impossible for them to do what the good players do.
And I know how those big ego's can put you down if you miss a backtime or have a t-train with more than the minimal space in it, or if you miss the snipe because your internet varies between 6 and 3 seconds reactiontime in an unpredictable way..

Ok I see the point but I have a question still about the delay. Wont the delay and the slow Internet work together to cause an even bigger problem for the slow people??

DeletedUser1446

I like settings changing from world to world! But i don´t like very much this changing! Let´s see what happens!

Either way, i will be logging in 2 times a day 15 min... It´s the best i can do, so probably i won´t be here to send a NT and try those settings :)

Good luck to all.

DeletedUser

World 12 is now open, this thread is now closed. Good luck to all players!

Status
Not open for further replies.