Village Naming Methods

DeletedUser

I was just curious if anyone has any particular method of naming their villages, and if so, what is it? I'm curious to hear.

I've laid out this helpful chart that explains my naming method so that you can adopt it if you're looking for a method:

1) Is the village in Quadrant 1 of the map (Northeast)? If so, go to Number 5. If not, go to number 2.
2) Is the village in Quadrant 2 of the map (Northwest)? If so, go to Number 8. If not, go to number 3.
3) Is the village in Quadrant 3 of map (Southwest)? If so, go to Number 11. If not, go number 4.
4) Go to number 14.
5) Is the village in an Odd or Even numbered continent? If odd, go to Number 6. If even, go to number 7.
6) Go to en.wikipedia.org, hit Random Article, and name all the villages in that continent after that article (or an abbreviation of it), adding a whole number to it each time in sequence.
7) Go to de.wikipedia.org, hit Random Article, and name all the villages in that continent after that article (or an abbreviation of it), adding a whole number to it each time in sequence.
8) Is the village in an Odd or Even numbered continent? If odd, go to Number 9. If even, go to number 10.
9) Go to it.wikipedia.org, hit Random Article, and name all the villages in that continent after that article (or an abbreviation of it), adding a whole number to it each time in sequence.
10) Go to fr.wikipedia.org, hit Random Article, and name all the villages in that continent after that article (or an abbreviation of it), adding a whole number to it each time in sequence.
11) Is the village in an Odd or Even numbered continent? If odd, go to Number 12. If even, go to number 13.
12) Go to pl.wikipedia.org, hit Random Article, and name all the villages in that continent after that article (or an abbreviation of it), adding a whole number to it each time in sequence.
13) Go to es.wikipedia.org, hit Random Article, and name all the villages in that continent after that article (or an abbreviation of it), adding a whole number to it each time in sequence.
14) Is the village in an Odd or Even numbered continent? If odd, go to Number 15. If even, go to number 16.
15) Go to pt.wikipedia.org, hit Random Article, and name all the villages in that continent after that article (or an abbreviation of it), adding a whole number to it each time in sequence.
16) Go to nl.wikipedia.org, hit Random Article, and name all the villages in that continent after that article (or an abbreviation of it), adding a whole number to it each time in sequence.

As you can see, with this method the language of the village's name makes the location of the village abundantly clear and provides an organized system for classifying and directing an empire of villages.

If you've got any questions just pm me or post in the thread and I'll be happy to work out the finer details with you :)

DeletedUser

"provides an organized system for classifying and directing an empire of villages."

Why waste all the time in putting your system into practice when you can simple purchase premium.

DeletedUser

Naming Method?

Do You Really Need One, I Usually Just Add A Number To The Name

DeletedUser

Mine Have Kinda Relevant Names, But I Don't See The Fun In Hassling Yourself With A System

DeletedUser

I just name my villages how i like, anything random :D,
But I put a number on it like inga :D

DeletedUser

Clearly, I must speak Chinese to know that 幹你 is Chinese, and I must speak Italian to know that Monastero is Italian, and I must speak French to know that Eugène Brieux is French。

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Clearly, I must speak Chinese to know that 幹你 is Chinese, and I must speak Italian to know that Monastero is Italian, and I must speak French to know that Eugène Brieux is French。

You listed:

en.wikipedia.org
de.wikipedia.org
it.wikipedia.org
fr.wikipedia.org
pl.wikipedia.org
es.wikipedia.org
pt.wikipedia.org
nl.wikipedia.org

ie.

English, German, Italian, French, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, and Dutch.

They all use the English character set unlike Chinese, so there goes that example.

And additionally most words are not nearly as clear as to what language they are derived from as "Eugène Brieux" or "Monastero".

DeletedUser

You listed:

en.wikipedia.org
de.wikipedia.org
it.wikipedia.org
fr.wikipedia.org
pl.wikipedia.org
es.wikipedia.org
pt.wikipedia.org
nl.wikipedia.org

ie.

English, German, Italian, French, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, and Dutch.

They all use the English character set unlike Chinese, so there goes that example.

And additionally most words are not nearly as clear as to what language they are derived from as "Eugène Brieux" or "Monastero".

Most words are not wikipedia article titles, either.

Vrijgraafschap Bourgondië - Very clearly Dutch
Bicuiba - Portugese
América (telenovela) - Spanish

I could keep doing this for days. I'm honestly sorry if you lack the education or awareness of other cultures to be able to identify different languages and as a result can't use my naming scheme, but you'll notice that I never said you had to use it, so I don't really see much point to you coming in here and criticizing it out of hand, and I am firmly of the opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

DeletedUser

I am quite smart, but that dutch one could easily be german to me. If i really wanted to remember where my village are i would just post the K in the village name...
Anyway... Random Names are funner...

DeletedUser

I am quite smart, but that dutch one could easily be german to me. If i really wanted to remember where my village are i would just post the K in the village name...
Anyway... Random Names are funner...

Vrijgraafschap - You're never going to see Vrijgr in german :D

DeletedUser

Isnt it easier to buy premium and group them by clusters or by continents? And then randomly name them.
For example ive even used Pokemon names to name the villages and since there are tons of pokemons there are tons of names you can choose from. ;)
There are so many different name sets (cities, rivers, countries, species) you can choose from, why make it so complicated is beyond me.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Because I know something of the german language.

http://www.google.de/#hl=de&source=hp&q=Vrijgr&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=b7cecacd25951fd

Ungefähr 1.680 Ergebnisse (0,19 Sekunden)

less than 1700 results, which is, admittedly, more than the 353 results that turn up when searching in the English Google, but only 10 less than the 1670 that appear when searching on google.ru. Funny, I didn't see you complaining that it was Russian.

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=de&q=Vrijgr&btnG=Suche&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

1730 is 'way' more than 1680 :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Me? I have no particular strategy or style in naming my villages. I just named them the way I like it... ;)