villages vanishing

DeletedUser5696

I have been raiding a number of villages and I've closely watched where I've been sending my troops. And now two of the villages are gone, not even barbs, just completely vanished. they weren't under BP so they aren't under the world 16 settings. Does anyone know what's going on?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5034

They were most likely 'guest' villages. They aren't actually player controlled villages. They are generated in the game to boost the number of villages that are in the world. After some time a few will disappear and I think the rest go barb.

Another explanation might be that they were invited players. I think when players who were invited quit or restart, they have their villages disappear.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

DeletedUser

guest villages are player owned, I played with a dude on one, unless he just made his account guest with some numbers.

DeletedUser5034

Yeah he made his username a guest one, I think. There is a lot of guest villages. I'm pretty sure most of them are not player owned.

DeletedUser

Maybe try messaging some, guess that would be a way to find out

Deleted User - 419875

guest villages are player owned villages made through outside media such as Facebook with the intent to try the game and if they enjoy it they can register the account if not they will disappear.

DeletedUser

guest villages are player owned villages made through outside media such as Facebook with the intent to try the game and if they enjoy it they can register the account if not they will disappear.

true but not totally true... as even after the player registers, if said player with registered name decides to delete the account, the village still disappears.... My two best farms were cleared (by me) and both disappeared. Neither was a "guest village". Hence, if a facebook player starts then decides to delete or restart, the original village disappears. Regardless of registration.

DeletedUser

To be honest, I'd prefer if it deleted the guest - But kept​ the village. It's slightly annoying to have to see a large number of villages that I farm disappear. The overall worlds on .us are small enough as it is... Those villages mean less possible future expansion/growth and more sparsely populated areas.

I feel it would add to the world if these 'guest' villages remained - Delete the player, no problem - But allow for a barbarian village to remain in that position. Otherwise, it makes an already small world even smaller... Although it may only be a few of villages in an area... It could be a few hundred villages in the total world. I feel that extra 100-X00 villages makes it that small bit more playable.

Just my opinion on it :)

DeletedUser

I don't have a problem with them vanishing unless I have lost troops in their village, then it angers me. If they have any OD the village should stay, stupid to lose troops to make a farm that just disappears.

DeletedUser

They probably do that so a crafty player can't create 100 email accounts and create a 100 villa's right by their village...

DeletedUser

They probably do that so a crafty player can't create 100 email accounts and create a 100 villa's right by their village...

shush... you're hurting us crafty old players... (jk)
my opinion is this, limit the invites to "1" per 20 x 20 and no new invite is available to an "invited" player.. that would prevent the W15 cheat from occurring again.

Like many, it frustrates me to have lost a few lc or axe clearing and knocking down walls to suddenly see my farm is gone. Players the quit or leave and guest villa's should remain and as someone said "if the villa has OD" it "must" stay.

DeletedUser

I get why it happens, it such a pain though when people spike them and such and you lose troops on a farm that just vanishes a day later

DeletedUser

The invite privilege was seriously abused by some mass recruiter families. If someone takes the time to sit through and make 100 emails and sign them all up, they should be given a special achievement in game: 'Time Waster'. Upon reception, the ban-hammer shall fall.