Wars

DeletedUser

What are the list of ongoing wars? I know that the world must be more active. Who is on what side, and such.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately there hasnt been any 'wars' as such to speak of really only a lot of hugging. There has been 3 coalition battles against 3 tribes but that has been it. When the world wakes up a bit and comes alive there should be some wars I am sure. Hopefully some decent players will stay but a lot have quit the world due to the hugging and backstabbing which is a shame really because the settings were really good.

DeletedUser1048

Unfortunately there hasnt been any 'wars' as such to speak of really only a lot of hugging. There has been 3 coalition battles against 3 tribes but that has been it. When the world wakes up a bit and comes alive there should be some wars I am sure. Hopefully some decent players will stay but a lot have quit the world due to the hugging and backstabbing which is a shame really because the settings were really good.
This is what wars are now. Especially on the small us servers where almost all the top tribes share a border. There is nothing wrong with it and it's hardly unfair. Diplomacy plays a huge part in this game and if you're not paying attention to it heavily, you shouldn't expect to stick around for long.

I agree about the backstabbing though. I really think if a tribe or player demonstrates themselves to be untrustworthy, they should be removed from the game by their enemies and allies alike. Evil is a good example of this.

DeletedUser

This is what wars are now. Especially on the small us servers where almost all the top tribes share a border. There is nothing wrong with it and it's hardly unfair. Diplomacy plays a huge part in this game and if you're not paying attention to it heavily, you shouldn't expect to stick around for long.

I agree about the backstabbing though. I really think if a tribe or player demonstrates themselves to be untrustworthy, they should be removed from the game by their enemies and allies alike. Evil is a good example of this.

Yes unfortunately that is what the worlds have come to really. Wars are done on a 3vs1 basis rather than a 1v1 basis now. Its what TW has come to. Gone are the days where you could rely on allies not to turn on you for an extra few villas and the wars were fought properly

As for evil it was a shame to see that happen because if those players had not had the misfortune of what went on I am 100% sure that those core players that started in that tribe would have won the world. They had great leadership, great players and they worked well controlling the world early on. Allies turning on them, their biggest player leaving and then 5 vs 1 they couldnt battle back from that.

I just hope that the world does start having proper battles soon and the players and tribes that have hugged get what they deserve.

DeletedUser1048

Yes unfortunately that is what the worlds have come to really. Wars are done on a 3vs1 basis rather than a 1v1 basis now. Its what TW has come to. Gone are the days where you could rely on allies not to turn on you for an extra few villas and the wars were fought properly

As for evil it was a shame to see that happen because if those players had not had the misfortune of what went on I am 100% sure that those core players that started in that tribe would have won the world. They had great leadership, great players and they worked well controlling the world early on. Allies turning on them, their biggest player leaving and then 5 vs 1 they couldnt battle back from that.

I just hope that the world does start having proper battles soon and the players and tribes that have hugged get what they deserve.

Proper 1 vs 1 battles aren't fought for a reason. If it is an even fight, even if you win, your growth will have been significantly reduced. That makes 3 vs 1 or 20 vs 1 wars, as it was with Ego, the smarter way to play. I know it's difficult to be that one tribe against all those other tribes and it might drive one to believe the other side are cowards for not facing them alone and directly. I'm sure the British thought the same thing against the colonists gorilla warfare tactics but sometimes "proper battles" are not how wars are won. You shouldn't fault anyone for choosing the smarter strategy even if that strategy is being used against you.

Evil was a very good tribe but it became obvious near the end of their life that they could not be trusted by their allies. MoH had the choice to either wait to be attacked, or attack first. I had the same choice to make with Bavarianman2 and I chose wrong. I should not have trusted him or evil. I understand why MoH didn't want to make the same mistake.

DeletedUser

Proper 1 vs 1 battles aren't fought for a reason. If it is an even fight, even if you win, your growth will have been significantly reduced. That makes 3 vs 1 or 20 vs 1 wars, as it was with Ego, the smarter way to play. I know it's difficult to be that one tribe against all those other tribes and it might drive one to believe the other side are cowards for not facing them alone and directly. I'm sure the British thought the same thing against the colonists gorilla warfare tactics but sometimes "proper battles" are not how wars are won. You shouldn't fault anyone for choosing the smarter strategy even if that strategy is being used against you.

Evil was a very good tribe but it became obvious near the end of their life that they could not be trusted by their allies. MoH had the choice to either wait to be attacked, or attack first. I had the same choice to make with Bavarianman2 and I chose wrong. I should not have trusted him or evil. I understand why MoH didn't want to make the same mistake.

Which account do you play on w11? I am just sticking about just to see if the world does actually open up from the hugging. The world still has the chance to prove it is a decent one yet. Even the ELE war people are still recruiting them instead of fighting them which is a shame but hey it happens in most worlds now.

DeletedUser1048

Which account do you play on w11? I am just sticking about just to see if the world does actually open up from the hugging. The world still has the chance to prove it is a decent one yet. Even the ELE war people are still recruiting them instead of fighting them which is a shame but hey it happens in most worlds now.
I'm on the elixir account and have been since the start of the world.