Why Do You Play T.W ?

DeletedUser

I wanted to make this a W7 community poll, but can't figure out how,
so in your own words why do you like T.W so much, for me personally
it's awesome that I make friends from all parts of the world and in all walks of life
who get together and works as a team ;)

DeletedUser

I'm sure many people's reasons for playing this game are similar, personally i play it because it's a community and it's nice to feel welcome. On Tribal Wars everyone welcome and you meet some amazing people and learn a lot. I've met people like Viv and Lisa who are two amazing people and they help out this forum even though to be honest, this is one of the more inactive servers. You meet people like Googly who even though some people didn't like him, i thought he was a great guy. People like my co-players become close friends and it's great to play this game with them. You learn a lot, one thing i learnt is how to debate, especially on world 3, although it's a game you learn so many things, it's brilliant.

Well that was a bit of a ramble but you get what i mean, i play the game because it's fun and you meet so many people from all around the worlds and learn so much, it's brilliant and this is why the game is an addiction ;)

DeletedUser

Because I'm better than everyone else.
And when you are that it's funny to play.

DeletedUser

Im single. Probably applies to everyone here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Phelps did not hate swimming. Now he does, which is partly why he retired after London 2012. It is true that he lost much motivation after the '08 olympics. However in 2012 he and Bob agreed that he should still go for London. And that period he hated swimming, to use your terms, he did not win anything.

I would say that comparing being the best swimmer to the best Tribal Wars player is not possible. Playing Tribal Wars is a nice life. Being a swimmer is one of the hardest you can imagine. You have to push your body and your mind to their limits on a daily basis. As an example look at what Alexander Dale Oen did. He won 100 breaststroke in the world champs in Shanghai and got Silver on the same distance in Beijing. Unfortunately he passed away at a pre-olympics training camp in Flaggstaff, Arizona in April. However, my point being that I have a friend which was training with him, and I have met him a few times myself. The way he thinks and push his body to the very limits of what he can do is extreme. And you cannot do something like that if you hate what you do. You got to love it.

The same comes with Tribal Wars players. You got to love this game and what you are doing to win. If not you will stand a chance.

DeletedUser

Right now? Maybe because this game is really enjoyable. Maybe because i`ve met really good people, really good friends, and htey are keeping me here. Because i learned life, from so many people, and now, remembering these things, i hate it, because i didnt speak with those until now. I miss so many good friends, and especially a very good friend i`ve met 3 years ago. He was about 50 old, and we used to talk alot...alot, about everything. Dunno, i learned many things from him. What do you really earn from years of playing this game? Friends? Maybe so, but after 20 years you`ll still be friends? You learn, you discover, you know how to "read" people characters, you learn how to speak, to behave with others, you learn to help, to work in team, to be a strategic, to lead and to take orders, to respect and to be punctual. People who dont learn these thing dont last long on tw, they dont make many friends, they dont get to enjoy this game. I have many more to say; for now, that`s all.

Really good thread.Thanks, Sedace.

DeletedUser1180

I'm sure many people's reasons for playing this game are similar, personally i play it because it's a community and it's nice to feel welcome. On Tribal Wars everyone welcome and you meet some amazing people and learn a lot. I've met people like Viv and Lisa who are two amazing people and they help out this forum even though to be honest, this is one of the more inactive servers. You meet people like Googly who even though some people didn't like him, i thought he was a great guy. People like my co-players become close friends and it's great to play this game with them. You learn a lot, one thing i learnt is how to debate, especially on world 3, although it's a game you learn so many things, it's brilliant.

Well that was a bit of a ramble but you get what i mean, i play the game because it's fun and you meet so many people from all around the worlds and learn so much, it's brilliant and this is why the game is an addiction ;)

I get to be mentioned next to Aliyah :) thanks Steve!

Im single. Probably applies to everyone here.
Guess what, not only do several players do have relationships, they even meet IG and get maried in RL. Best story so far was one girl nobling all her friends villages in one night (no not 10 or so, more like 100) so they could spend more time in RL together. Yes they are still together :p

And I agree with Sir and Sedace that its all the contacts that make this game fun. Even if people have been away for months they get a warm welcome back as they are not forgotten. You learn from each other and develop abilities. If you would have told me 4 years ago I would be leading a group of people I would have said you are crazy, because I am not a leader. And certain skills proof to be helpfull in RL too.
But most of all its all the people you meet and talk about non-game related items - and taking it to the next level even meeting them in real life which so far has been fun.

DeletedUser

I play for the ppl as well. I have met and become really close with several. A few of which started as enemies believe it or not! lol!! :p

DeletedUser

Guess what, not only do several players do have relationships, they even meet IG and get maried in RL. Best story so far was one girl nobling all her friends villages in one night (no not 10 or so, more like 100) so they could spend more time in RL together. Yes they are still together :p

Lonely champions of the year :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I play because one day I stumbled across this game and have been addicted since. I like strategy games and this one kinda sucked me in. I dream about this game.

DeletedUser

I didn't know T.W was also a dating site for the socially awkward in that case here's my dating profile:

Name: Hellbound :cool:
Sex: Of Course, why else am I here :confused:
Likes: Long Walks On The Beach, Clearing Villages, OD Rankings, Cool CoA's, Ghetto Booties, 40 Oz's, Good Weed, Good Hauls, Flags, Pally Weapons, Archers and M.A

Dislikes: Tribal Hugging, Fat Chicks, Players who dodge...WITH DEFENSIVE TROOPS...badly written IGM, Skype, Fake Boobs, Church Worlds, Advanced Tech Worlds, Low-Grade Weed, Flat Beer, Cigar Smokers.

What I'm Looking For In A Match: boobies and ghetto booties :rolleyes: