Why is there a delay when Building/Upgrading??

DeletedUser

I just started playing this game, and after I'd built/upgraded a few buildings, I got the following after each building on the list: Resources available today at XX.xx.

I'd add a building to my queue, and then all of the other buildings were greyed out - I couldn't add anything else to the queue. In many cases the "available time" when I could add a building was several hours away! There's not a whole lot to do in this game, so if I can't build then it's not a whole lot of fun... Can anyone explain why there's this time delay??

Thanks! :ma:

DeletedUser

Because you need resources to upgrade a village. If you don't have enough resources, you have to wait or farm villages by attacking and gaining resources to upgrade.

DeletedUser

I just started playing this game, and after I'd built/upgraded a few buildings, I got the following after each building on the list: Resources available today at XX.xx.

I'd add a building to my queue, and then all of the other buildings were greyed out - I couldn't add anything else to the queue. In many cases the "available time" when I could add a building was several hours away! There's not a whole lot to do in this game, so if I can't build then it's not a whole lot of fun... Can anyone explain why there's this time delay??

Thanks! :ma:

It's an incentive to plan and build a strategy, as well as Farm (a term meaning to attack other players or barbarian villages in order to take their resources).

Anyone can press buttons to upgrade buildings, the trick is to do it better and faster than those around you - and to continually improve your troop count.

DeletedUser

Yeah, you get resources every so often, based on the levels of your resource pits. it takes a certain number of resources to build a building, thus it may be several hours until you have the required number of resources.

Also, without purchasing premium for your account, you can only have one thing building, and one thing queued to build when it starts.