Wishing Our Speed Team Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

whats the warning? i think milad was clear in his post.
You dont deserve the honour you have... and be expectin a SLAP! in your face dude...

DeletedUser

Would it be possible to discuss things without getting personal, without insults, and without it devolving into a flame fest?

It is, so please do so :). Any concerns, feel free to PM me.

DeletedUser

.US far from failed. For one of the newest servers, and one without a speed world, .US did quite well. Something for everyone involved to be quite proud of.

I did expect .net to do much better.

I do think the time the rounds were held played a factor in the tourney. If your players cannot be on due to work or sleep or school, then its hard to compete against a team who is all there.

mmm you're right. .us did do well for a server with no speed. Perhaps I should have been for specific with my post.

whats the warning? i think milad was clear in his post.
You dont deserve the honour you have... and be expectin a SLAP! in your face dude...

That's what I like to hear kido ;)

DeletedUser

@googly: sorry i would reply to you but i didnt understand what point you were trying to make. Must be my english...or not!
:rolleyes:

Mind me asking if you are living in America Milad? :)

The point being made is this:

I don't think that .us achieved anything more or less than any other group, other than the obvious ones who progressed further.

Why am I pointing this out? Because of this quote:

Being just a hair away from the semifinals from a server without a speed world of its own playing against teams with more experience, just incredible.

To me this is simply nonsense.

"More experience". Amount of experience is defined by length of time playing and the amount you experience in that time. Which makes it a personal thing and not really comparable from one person to another. Nor from one group to another, as there is no real way of knowing just how much each team has practiced prior.

Whilst .us team may have achieved something by getting "close" to the semi-finals, at the same time, so did a number of other teams. And as there is no real way of judging the experience of each team, to claim that other teams have more experience when a number of players in the .us team have been around on .net since before .us became open, is sheer nonsense. Some players in .us likely have been playing longer than some players in other teams.

Not to take anything away, but I dislike the fact that claims are being put out that a performance is "incredible" because this server doesn't have its own server, when there are a number of people on the..us team who are NOT living in the USA (number unspecified as of yet), and so can easily practice on other speed servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok thanks for re explaining this time i got the point you were trying to make. But there are few things you are missing. And no I live in Iran.
A speed server is the source of players, and without it the list of players is limited to the number of people leaders can convince to leave their server. Therefore we lacked on players and except the last round we never were more than 15 players in rounds(usually about 6/7 play till end). So we never had the luxury of experienced players to choose from hence we had many non experienced players and about half the team was still under teaching.

Amount of personal experience aside, there is a teamwork experience which we also kind of lacked. First thing any .net player who joined the team would say is "who are all these people i barely know any of them" because we had players from lot of different places And so our methods of playing were different. Some liked to get a train and noble solo, some would ask for more nobles to assist in noblings and overall we did not have experience as a team where in other teams (greece for example) their playstyle was alike and most of their players had done OPs together before.

Hope what i said made sense because Ive posted this with phone.

DeletedUser329

Mind me asking if you are living in America Milad? :)

The point being made is this:

I don't think that .us achieved anything more or less than any other group, other than the obvious ones who progressed further.

Why am I pointing this out? Because of this quote:

To me this is simply nonsense.

"More experience". Amount of experience is defined by length of time playing and the amount you experience in that time. Which makes it a personal thing and not really comparable from one person to another. Nor from one group to another, as there is no real way of knowing just how much each team has practiced prior.

Whilst .us team may have achieved something by getting "close" to the semi-finals, at the same time, so did a number of other teams. And as there is no real way of judging the experience of each team, to claim that other teams have more experience when a number of players in the .us team have been around on .net since before .us became open, is sheer nonsense. Some players in .us likely have been playing longer than some players in other teams.

Not to take anything away, but I dislike the fact that claims are being put out that a performance is "incredible" because this server doesn't have its own server, when there are a number of people on the..us team who are NOT living in the USA (number unspecified as of yet), and so can easily practice on other speed servers.

There are a lot of things you haven't considered and/or are unaware of. Lots of servers have partook in these competitions before, as teams, and have fought each other for years. You cannot begin to appreciate how difficult and time consuming it is to gather 20 speed players, nevermind 20 who can work together and be available for the matches. Newer servers and those without speed are obviously at a disadvantage, irrelivent if our players have played speed before, most players would normally choose to play for a more established server, we did really well gathering the players we did.

The best thing to come out of this competition is the community spirit it raised amongst the core members of the team. It was great fun to be part of. I am really very proud of our team. A big thank you to Milad who worked tirelessless trying to gather the team together for each match - you did a great job <3

Well done !! Was a pleasure .

<3

DeletedUser

Ok thanks for re explaining this time i got the point you were trying to make. But there are few things you are missing. And no I live in Iran.
A speed server is the source of players, and without it the list of players is limited to the number of people leaders can convince to leave their server. Therefore we lacked on players and except the last round we never were more than 15 players in rounds(usually about 6/7 play till end). So we never had the luxury of experienced players to choose from hence we had many non experienced players and about half the team was still under teaching.

Amount of personal experience aside, there is a teamwork experience which we also kind of lacked. First thing any .net player who joined the team would say is "who are all these people i barely know any of them" because we had players from lot of different places And so our methods of playing were different. Some liked to get a train and noble solo, some would ask for more nobles to assist in noblings and overall we did not have experience as a team where in other teams (greece for example) their playstyle was alike and most of their players had done OPs together before.

Hope what i said made sense because Ive posted this with phone.

That's quite possibly the most intelligent argument I've ever seen you make! Beats that nub Lisa's response :eek:

Congratulations for that, and I guess congratulations for almost getting through to the semis ;)

DeletedUser

Googly, why is it that when I make the same response, with less words, you refuse to listen :p?

DeletedUser

Googly, why is it that when I make the same response, with less words, you refuse to listen :p?
Because youre not as awesome as me (cool) and people listen to awesome guys like me ^.^

DeletedUser

Because youre not as awesome as me (cool) and people listen to awesome guys like me ^.^

This ^

Plus, Milad wrote a response which addressed the point I was making directly. You just chose to avoid some of the points I was making (such as where the players come from, although it seemed a key part of one of your points) without really invalidating my points in the way Milad did :eek:

Over-complicating something just means it ends up being muddled and isn't a very well presented argument :p

DeletedUser

Locking this thread before it gets...out of hand. Will clean up posts that could carry arguments over into other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.