World 2 News and Propaganda - UBM and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1209

Milkshakew2.png

This will be the first installment of the W2 Newspaper and Propaganda.
My aim is to mix politics with humor - the happenings and goings on with a slice of PnP on the side.
Sometimes feelings may get hurt or tears may fall because of something written.
I want to let everyone know this is done in fun and I will be taking even shots at everybody.
My main purpose is to breed forum activity for World 2.
The externals can be one of the biggest and most fun to shoot weapons in your tribes arsenal.

As the World Turns

world2map.png

Lets start with an interview that I had with ZOMGitsSara from Sperg

Undead Billy Mays in Bold
Sara in italics

1. Why don't you use skype? Skype is the bread and butter of communication in most tribes as well as making my life easier as a world news provider.

Haha, I'm not known for making other's lives easier :)
Our tribe is built off of a community that has been around for a long, long time and we've become creatures of habit.
We've been using irc for years and years so we just stick with what we're accustomed to.

2. Sperg has been in the top spot for a while now. Many times in early world top tribes we see a meltdown from within. How do you handle any internal conflicts?

I think one of the biggest strengths our tribe has is that the core players have all been playing various games together for on average 5 or so years but in some cases can go up to even 10+ years. Since we've been friends for so long, we have a certain level of comfort in speaking our minds. There's not really any bottled up conflict that arises from someone that is afraid to have their voice heard.
I can't lie and say that this means we're always full of sunshine and roses, to be quite honest our chats sometimes have been known to become a bit worked up but I think that is what holds us together. Nobody really fears communicating their thoughts and then working it out.

3. What wars/conflicts if any is Sperg dealing with right now and how are you faring?

Oh goodness, without revealing too much I can say that a glance at our war list shows we have 14 active wars and 11 wars won.

If possible, I'd like to give a shoutout to the leaders of no idea, legion, bio, ana II and newintown/formerly vamp for not only attempting the worst joint war ever but for including far too many people in the planning forums.
Too many chiefs and not enough indians always leads to information leaks.

A special shoutout to Skythorne of Newintown, his strat that he presented the group with was by far my favorite, it literally went something like "let's just wait until they're bored and then we'll attack them, it will be easy then."
Thanks for the chuckles anti-sperg coalition.

4. On Death Row right before an execution, prisoners are granted request for their last meal. If your about to get the chair... What's your last meal?

Pot Roast, complete with red potatoes and corn on the cob

5. How do you feel about the W2 settings.

Eh, I don't love churches at all and moral is the bane of my existance.

6. Most loved tribe other than your own.

Maybe BIO, I have to give them credit, they're small but they have spirit, at least they fight back.
A tribe willing to fight back seems to be a hard thing to find on this server.

7. Most hated tribe other than your own.

I don't know about "hated" but I'd say one of the most terrible is PKC.
It's a bit of a love/hate thing though because although I can recognize how bad they are, I do love any conversation with their leader, mathew stith.
I've never seen anybody spiral into a rage quite like that kid does.

8. At this point how do you like the questions? Are their any questions i haven't asked you would want asked of you?

i do, well done!

9. If Charlie Sheen was playing Tribal Wars... Would you want him in your tribe and why?

He already does, his ign is VonWagner. It's a daily fight to keep the trolls and tiger's blood in check.

10. Sperg has received much criticism for its recruiting methods and not being a solid tribe from top to bottom. How do you respond?

Sperg would be going strong even if we had chosen not to recruit.
The core is an exceptional group of solid players.
When we first joined this server we kept our head's down and fought wars out of the limelight on purpose.
The leaders recognized that although it's fun to be regarded as the best on the forums just because you declared it to be so, all that does is make you enemies quickly and turn a spotlight on you.

As soon as nobles came out on the server we knew we had to step up and stop Nexus in our k before they got the upper hand.
While fighting them we were able to see their strengths and their weaknesses. When they started to fall apart we agreed to take them in and see how they fit.
After some trials and a few weeks of seeing who would work in our group we started purging down until we found a number that was comfortable.

When we began fighting off the leaders of both tribes communicated frequently and through my talks with Awz I grew to respect him as a person, father and leader.
When infighting and real life commitments got in the way of their progress we agreed once again to see how some of their members would fit with us.

As the weeks have passed, we've pruned down the personalities that were just not a good fit along with some members that just didn't have a playstyle that worked with ours and I think that what we've come out of it with is a strong group of friends that play well together.

With W3 under our belts and an understanding of our members strengths and weaknesses, we are really looking forward to seeing how world 3 goes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

warroom.png

Under Construction

I would love to hear from more tribes. My forum mail and in game mailbox (Undead Billy Mays) is already open. ArmyofNobums will be heading up this section for future issues.

Uselessly irrelevant news contribution of the week

Googly here. Pleased to meet y'all. This week, I will be covering US W3 settings as the world comes out in under 2 weeks time. So, let's jump right in!

We had a reasonable speed setting for W3, at 1.5. It is worth joining if you are not massively in to farming, as the troop speed is at 0.7 - slower farming, so more emphasis on your pits early on? In comparison to .us so far, this is a very unusual world. No church, which is a great reason to play it. No archers or plaadins, and as such this will be a simple world for new players. Even simpler due to the fantastic simple tech! For all us lazy folk, this really is the place to be. The packet system will be a challenge for some people, as it is an either love or hate, or impartial feeling to the setting.

I am in love with the "no moral" setting. It will present a good opportunity for all those wannabe pro players to show what they are worth! 3 days of beginners protection for you all to get started makes this a perfect place to be. Militia enabled to save the lazy sods from being farmed. You can choose where to start, and a 50ms attack gap. I'm personally impartial to most, settings, but all in all this is really the place to join in just over 1 week's time!

And with that, I'm out. See y'all next week!

Thanks Googly for that...

I will attempt to get a new issue out at least once every two weeks as long as I get good response (positive or negative) Anyone with stories to submit can contact me.

So get your leaders to mail me in game with some contact info. Getting some of your leaders to talk is like getting blood from a turnip.

Next Issue

Top 5 tribe breakdown
Sleeper tribe lookout

Discuss Here: http://forum.tribalwars.us/showthread.php?t=2185

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.