World 8 Discussion.

DeletedUser3349

And Romanian server opens new world. I said to see if here is letting go of a new world. Settings here are nicer than the new Romanian server. I'll be here. Opens on November 1st August people, right?

DeletedUser3349

Give me legal farm script to me that guys do not ban me again. They use scripts on our server farm that are legal and there are not. :D

DeletedUser

I like the tribe lock idea, but how would that work in reality?

Works well as tribes can not kick spies they have to internal them, The problem with uk10 was you could not attack your tribe mates so if a player quit he could not be internaled a good thing in sum ways.

DeletedUser

Meh, not so keen on the idea, it is alright in some ways, but in others not a good plan.

DeletedUser3349

Dear players of tribes,
We go to meet what admins are not known. Not as cranes migrate to the east because it is a hurricane disaster area. Now I saw the news. East coast of the U.S. is haunted by a hurricane scattered. Thus be that you do not venture into the East when it opens the world 8 on this server. But not another hurricane will blow hut...looooooool

Stimati jucatori de triburi,
Va ducem la cunostinta ceea ce adminii nu va fac cunoscut . Nu migrati precum cocorii spre zona de est pentru ca este o zona calamitata de uragan . Acum am vazut eu la stiri . Coasta de est a Statelor Unite este bantuita de un uragan razlet . Implicit trebui ca dumneavoastra sa nu va aventurati in zona de est cand se deschide lumea 8 pe acest server . Nu de alta dar va sufla uraganul baraca. :D

DeletedUser

Well, better than no world. 40 tribe member limit is a good thing, i've been looking for a lower limit for a while

The second world I played, w19.net had a 40 member limit, it was one of the most and probably still is one of the most competitive worlds so far, I believe the world has still not been won.

Settings suck like usual only a couple decent things on it
Settings do not suck in the slightest, the speeds awsome, the barb points awsome, the msg is awsome, and no church is awsome, pretty ,much everything is back to basics except flags.

Fake limit. Pfft.
Haven't we had enough of those crappy worlds?
NO! You need to see the good and the bad of a worlds settings, these settings change all the time, which in effect changes the style of game play.
Low member count, simple tech. The settings are ok, but fake limit isn't exactly helping this server grow.

I'd just like to point out that these settings are great, so everyone stop whining!
World Speed 1.5 -> Faster world then usual, great for startup and for endgame to battle the boredom
Unit speed 0.8 -> Decent enough, faster then past worlds
Nobles Coins -> Packets are a pain
Smithy Simple -> Annoying to have tech levels
Paladin Yes -> Great!
Paladin Weapons Yes, not advanced -> Simple is always better
Bonus Villages Yes -> obviously yes
Barbarian growth 4000 points -> high point barbs, promotes barb nobling so ill say bad
Church No -> thank god, i hate church worlds
Milliseconds 50ms attack gap -> good speed
Choose starting location Yes -> always yes so ..
Beginners Protection 3 days -> interesting, quick move to player farming
Tribe Limit 40 -> anti-hug/merge/massrecruit/noob tribe!
Morale Points/Time Based -> as usual
Fake Limit 1% -> meh it has to be done in a server
Militia Active -> i guess... but i hate when noobs use on me
Hauls Yes -> no one was expecting no haul
Quest System Yes -> good for startup
Shorter build times Yes -> good for speed
Flags Yes -> imo bad idea since w7 guys have an advantage but whatever ill manage

I Agree with you here even with the flags,

AS for the fake 1% atleast its not 5 as seen in some worlds, fakes make a world tactical, but a fake limit makes it even more tactical, because it gives the defensive tribe a chance. Which means as an attacker you, have to change your style of game play.

DeletedUser

The second world I played, w19.net had a 40 member limit, it was one of the most and probably still is one of the most competitive worlds so far, I believe the world has still not been won.

Wasn't W19 a 30 member limit world? And no it hasn't.

Settings do not suck in the slightest, the speeds awsome, the barb points awsome, the msg is awsome, and no church is awsome, pretty ,much everything is back to basics except flags.

They're alright. Some could be changed. Fake limit = (puke)

I Agree with you here even with the flags,

AS for the fake 1% atleast its not 5 as seen in some worlds, fakes make a world tactical, but a fake limit makes it even more tactical, because it gives the defensive tribe a chance. Which means as an attacker you, have to change your style of game play.

Meh, Always fun making your enemy tag 20k+ incomings, isn't it?

DeletedUser

Meh, Always fun making your enemy tag 20k+ incomings, isn't it?

Yeah, but making them realise they are pretty much all cukes or nukes, will make them more worried than tagging 20k fake incommings right?

DeletedUser

Yeah, but making them realise they are pretty much all cukes or nukes, will make them more worried than tagging 20k fake incommings right?

Well, with 20k incs, it makes it harder to know which are real. :p

DeletedUser173

Well, with 20k incs, it makes it harder to know which are real. :p

I disagree. If someone with 100 villages launches 3000 attacks, you know with 100% certainty that over 2900 are fakes. This would also mean that on average, you sent 30 attacks from each village. When a real nuke hits, you can immediately classify the rest of the incoming from that village as fake, and there goes a bunch of incoming as a threat.

DeletedUser

Im guessing it'll be like normal and be sometime between 10:00 and 14:00

And for those wondering world 19 net was 40 member limit. that is still my favorite world to date

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No Morale, no fake limit. I reckon that'd be better ;)

2 Speed.

Still, Decent settings.

DeletedUser

Yeah, but they're trying too attract new people now scare them off, no moral would put any new player off.

-Cadan.