The tribe Shackled Souls has declared war on tribe Raven!

DeletedUser

War name: Crush the Enemy

Declaration:
The peace-loving tribe Raven refused to participate in wars of the past claiming their only hope was to be at peace. We have endured attacks from them for the last time without retalliation.

-----------------------------------

The declaration of war by S.S against Raven certainly highlights their warped view of reality, and furthermore, it does not even make sense. They state that we are “peace loving tribe” and have “refused to participate in wars”, yet they also state that they “have endured attacks from us.” With the way S.S uses deceit, half-truths and outright lies, do they really believe, even for a moment, that anybody in this world actually believes their words of “declaration”, or for that matter a single word that they say?

I am not one to respond, nor post in the forums, and I probably will not do so again, but I want to take a moment to set the record straight.

The peace loving Raven tribe has NEVER initiated attacks against S.S (who were once our friends). And up until now, we have only retaliated for their unprovoked attacks on us.

Raven stood by while they systematically started attacking our weaker players until we could stand by no more. And even so, we only launched attacks against the players who attacked us first.

Raven and S.S were once friendly; we had many personal friendships in each other’s tribes, we helped and supported each other, and most importantly, we had an NAP. That is until S.S stabbed Raven in the back, broke our NAP, and started attacking us - simply because we did not join their side in war against our other friends – who we also had an NAP with.

Raven has always been a proud and chivalrous tribe that believes in integrity and the bond of our word. And Raven has never broken our diplomatic agreements, or stabbed another tribe in the back (like S.S has done). We believe in honor, respect, and integrity – which are virtues S.S neither cares, nor knows anything about.

Furthermore; the profile page of S.S states that they are “True to their word”, “Always honor an alliance”, and “Always honor an NAP”. Maybe that should be changed because they have done none of those things.

Raven has played a different game and stood apart from most other tribes; we are a quiet, humble, and loyal family. We are not arrogant, not power hungry, and we never pick on weaker tribes or players. As a matter of fact, as many of you know, instead of conquering, we have always opened our arms and invited smaller tribes (and players) into our family. That, along with our philosophy and our diplomatic policies has helped Raven become the number 4 ranked tribe in the world; quite an accomplishment - especially for a tribe that is non-aggressive.

Yes, it is a well know fact: Raven is not aggressive, but we are not cowards either. We will defend ourselves aggressively against all invaders and we will make war very difficult for all who insist on fighting our peace-loving tribe.

Many times now I have had heard the overused and un-original line – “It’s called ‘Tribal Wars’, not ‘Tribal Friends’”… Yes, it is called “Tribal Wars”; this is quite true, but least we forget that wars are not always won by battle alone.

Granted, Raven may not win this world, and we are ok with that… but at least we know that we played this game with honor, respect, and integrity. And it is especially gratifying to also know that S.S can never claim the same.

I expect a few to respond to this post refuting the “facts” of my statements. You are more than welcome to state your opinions, however misinformed they may be.

In closing I will simply state that: By attacking Raven, S.S will only bring destruction to themselves.

Long Live Raven!

RavenBlack

Peace through Friendship, Strength & Respect

DeletedUser

War name: Crush the Enemy

Declaration:
The peace-loving tribe Raven refused to participate in wars of the past claiming their only hope was to be at peace. We have endured attacks from them for the last time without retalliation.

-----------------------------------

The declaration of war by S.S against Raven certainly highlights their warped view of reality, and furthermore, it does not even make sense. They state that we are “peace loving tribe” and have “refused to participate in wars”, yet they also state that they “have endured attacks from us.” With the way S.S uses deceit, half-truths and outright lies, do they really believe, even for a moment, that anybody in this world actually believes their words of “declaration”, or for that matter a single word that they say?

It's strange that you say that bolded part, as though it isn't true. Then you continue to say below (bolded):

I am not one to respond, nor post in the forums, and I probably will not do so again, but I want to take a moment to set the record straight.

The peace loving Raven tribe has NEVER initiated attacks against S.S (who were once our friends). And up until now, we have only retaliated for their unprovoked attacks on us.

So we've established that you're peace-loving. That's a half-truth? Definitely not. Then you continue to act as though you have participated in wars...well, I don't have the mail saved as it's rather old, but I do seem to recall mailing you to see if you were going to fight against BJ, and your tribe decided to sit out and join neither side. Strange...and yet you seem to be saying that you do participate in wars...

Raven stood by while they systematically started attacking our weaker players until we could stand by no more.

I like how you wait until you can't stand it, instead of immediately seeking some kind of talk with S.S leaders. And if you did get that, and you found that it didn't stop, you still didn't retaliate immediately. And yet you're not peace-loving, slow to act, and you don't try to sit out of wars?

And even so, we only launched attacks against the players who attacked us first.

Raven and S.S were once friendly; we had many personal friendships in each other’s tribes, we helped and supported each other, and most importantly, we had an NAP. That is until S.S stabbed Raven in the back, broke our NAP, and started attacking us - simply because we did not join their side in war against our other friends – who we also had an NAP with.

So no participation, the NAP was dropped because it's end-game (if you're not with us, you're against us), and you call it stabbing in the back? Call it what you want, the world is ending and if you're not a winning tribe, you're a losing tribe. And seeing as you refused to be a winning tribe, you're going to be a losing tribe. What did you expect to do? Sit there and wait it out while you obstruct their path to further BJ and other enemy players? What was S.S to do? Leave you alone forever? It's a war game, not a peace game.

Raven has always been a proud and chivalrous tribe that believes in integrity and the bond of our word. And Raven has never broken our diplomatic agreements, or stabbed another tribe in the back (like S.S has done). We believe in honor, respect, and integrity – which are virtues S.S neither cares, nor knows anything about.

Furthermore; the profile page of S.S states that they are “True to their word”, “Always honor an alliance”, and “Always honor an NAP”. Maybe that should be changed because they have done none of those things.

The NAP was dropped. Meaning it no longer had to be honored. Agreements in real life are always mutually beneficial. It only makes sense that the same would be here true. When you became an obstruction rather than a help, and refused to be a part of the winning group, you decided to become a problem. Problems are removed. As I said, what else do you expect them to do? Let you sit there, not taking sides, and slow down their progress against their enemies?

Raven has played a different game and stood apart from most other tribes; we are a quiet, humble, and loyal family. We are not arrogant, not power hungry, and we never pick on weaker tribes or players. As a matter of fact, as many of you know, instead of conquering, we have always opened our arms and invited smaller tribes (and players) into our family. That, along with our philosophy and our diplomatic policies has helped Raven become the number 4 ranked tribe in the world; quite an accomplishment - especially for a tribe that is non-aggressive.

And yet you are not a "peace loving tribe"? I think we've shown you are. Rank 4 means little when you're around half the size of the tribes above. It just means you haven't been removed yet. Congratulations on being drifters?

Yes, it is a well know fact: Raven is not aggressive, but we are not cowards either. We will defend ourselves aggressively against all invaders and we will make war very difficult for all who insist on fighting our peace-loving tribe.

Many times now I have had heard the overused and un-original line – “It’s called ‘Tribal Wars’, not ‘Tribal Friends’”… Yes, it is called “Tribal Wars”; this is quite true, but least we forget that wars are not always won by battle alone.

Granted, Raven may not win this world, and we are ok with that… but at least we know that we played this game with honor, respect, and integrity. And it is especially gratifying to also know that S.S can never claim the same.

I expect a few to respond to this post refuting the “facts” of my statements. You are more than welcome to state your opinions, however misinformed they may be.

In closing I will simply state that: By attacking Raven, S.S will only bring destruction to themselves.

Long Live Raven!

RavenBlack

Peace through Friendship, Strength & Respect

Good luck trying to take down S.S. Good luck telling S.S they didn't play with integrity when they stood by their allies rather than let a tribe stand in their way, obstructing their path, and try to slow down the world. Good luck with your fight. I respect your morals, but those types of rigid morals are just as bad in my opinion as morals that are rigidly bad. Extremism fosters lack of success, which is why you will lose.

But hey, best of luck and respect to you for posting your own point of view, though I disagree with mine being misinformed. I'm fairly sure I have more information on how this world and the game works than you do, but I'm not the type to simply call you misinformed. I just think you see things differently ;).

Stats before the war officially was declared:

Side 1:
Tribes: S.S
Side 2:
Tribes: Raven

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 32
Side 2: 10
Difference: 22

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 186,418
Side 2: 57,002
Difference: 129,416

chart

2011-09-28 Raven 4. =90 +28,001,491 +3,383 +51,969,191 +27,598,276 +24,370,915
2011-09-28 S.S 3. =69 +60,160,399 +6,389 +366,186,818 +227,442,718 +138,744,100

Uh, yeah. Good luck with that.

As jbird put it in Ego404's tribe chat:

[1:07:51 PM] Josh Baker Aka Jbird152: wait raven thinks they are going to beat s.s.?
[1:08:32 PM] Or-el: Yep
[1:08:38 PM] Josh Baker Aka Jbird152: did they not get the note that s.s. is allied with the 800lb gorilla of a tribe?

Ego404 will step in if necessary to help S.S, as we are technically at war with you as well. But I mean, it's not like S.S will even need our help, so we're not too worried. We'll sit back while S.S plays with their food a little bit before S.S crushes you. That's up to them, of course, being independent :).

Basically Raven, quit and delete now and we'll save you the embarrassment. And if any Raven players want to leave, don't expect to get very far. Ego404's and S.S's enemy, BJ, has dropped over 4,000 villages since their peak in this war. That's more villages than you have in total. Good luck beating S.S, let alone Ego404 if we want to help out ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All I can figure is that you guys run around wearing I am with Stupid Shirts that point up. Good Luck Raven I can't wait to see the stats

DeletedUser

Well this was entertaining I have to admit!

And thanks footloose ;)

We'll see how this war turns out...
And you're saying you're not attacking us?!?! Wow Raven how smart... if I need to I can post reports of my getting hit with at least 20 nukes! ;) Of course, not much harm done, but still, I've been having attacks from you for at LEAST 2 weeks. Good luck defending yourself from that.

DeletedUser

I literally lol'd for a solid 40 seconds there.

I'm sorry, what did you say? Please repeat it. Or even better, elaborate how our destruction is going to come. One of those "empty threats" as I like to call them.

DeletedUser

we never pick on weaker tribes or players. As a matter of fact, as many of you know, instead of conquering, we have always opened our arms and invited smaller tribes (and players) into our family.

What game are you playing? I'm sending you the cleaning bill for the coffee I just spilled when I busted my gut laughing at that gem :D

DeletedUser

That, along with our philosophy and our diplomatic policies has helped Raven become the number 4 ranked tribe in the world; quite an accomplishment - especially for a tribe that is non-aggressive.

Sorry, also have to say something.

You guys did nothing AT ALL to get yourselves to rank 4.

It was other top tribes, merging, disbanding, getting eaten by us, etc.

AND, even then, rank 4 in points. How many barbs have you guys conquered? Conquer stats are....hold on, let me get a chart...

chart

Oh my, what is that?
#1 Barbarian 2,520 conquers 84.51%
#2 cryout75 68 conquers 2.28%
#3 Zundapp 45 conquers 1.51%

cryout75 was internalled by acrobat, so that doesn't amount too much anyways.

So, we're concluding that you never fight players, and you conquer barbs (which is unanimously agreed upon by the entire Tribal Wars community to be a sign of weakness)....Now that, coupled along with your OD ranking?

10 Raven 32,06 Mio

I think there's now enough evidence to call you what you are. Pointwhores.

Rank 4 means nothing. Please, get over yourselves, and try to understand that it is your fault we took this course of action.

Okay, I'm done...

DeletedUser

What a lot of BS in the replies, looks like some of you can't stand the fact we did it differently and were successful until a few weeks ago.

Some facts (and if you don't agree, please come back with some facts instead of a lot of blah blah):

u6s5l.:
So we've established that you're peace-loving. That's a half-truth? Definitely not. Then you continue to act as though you have participated in wars...well, I don't have the mail saved as it's rather old, but I do seem to recall mailing you to see if you were going to fight against BJ, and your tribe decided to sit out and join neither side. Strange...and yet you seem to be saying that you do participate in wars...
I see you have a seriously lack of memory, I'm very sorry for you.
We NEVER said we are participating in a war. We are the Switzerland of TW, we don't choose sides, we try to stay neutral as long as we can.

If you don't agree, please point out where we said we are going to participate in a war.

So no participation, the NAP was dropped because it's end-game (if you're not with us, you're against us), and you call it stabbing in the back?
The fact S.S broke the NAP is not the point here. The point is we (Many Raven members) helped out S.S members in the past, and S.S declares war on us and these same players are now attacking those who helped.
Now, that's full of honor don't you think?

When you became an obstruction rather than a help, and refused to be a part of the winning group, you decided to become a problem.
ROFLOL, so, you are actually saying WE decided to become a problem???? LMAO
What S.S did was using our defenses in their benefits, and later on decide to attack those who helped.

Basically Raven, quit and delete now and we'll save you the embarrassment.
Hehehehe right.....
We (Raven) all know we won't win this game. We also know we can't stand up against EGO or S.S. We have much less experience in our tribe, we have several smaller players and we don't spend 24/7 at TW.
But we don't mind, we have proven you can get very far in TW with politics and being nice. When we have lost, Raven will be remembered as a tribe with lots of respect and honor.

And not like S.S will be remembered: their agreements were very easily broken and didn't last.....

aprillovescats:
And you're saying you're not attacking us?!?! Wow Raven how smart... if I need to I can post reports of my getting hit with at least 20 nukes!
Since you're offering: yes, please do post the reports.
I'm not aware of anyone of Raven attacking you, and I can't wait to find out who of Raven is attacking you since that was not the (internal) agreement.

e2ekiel:
I'm sorry, what did you say? Please repeat it. Or even better, elaborate how our destruction is going to come. One of those "empty threats" as I like to call them.
Ah, it looks like you were not informed by your player Fungus.
Do a checkup on his villages if you want and see how many troops he has left after he got 1500 attacks from Raven.

Saying what?

Sorry, also have to say something.
No you haven't. I can understand why you do want to say something though, I'm sure it's not easy being the non-fancy lap-dog in S.S.

So, okay, go ahead:
AND, even then, rank 4 in points. How many barbs have you guys conquered?
Yes, a lot. So? What's your point? Is there a TW law you MUST conquer villages owned by other players? Maybe in your fantasy?

So, we're concluding that you never fight players, and you conquer barbs (which is unanimously agreed upon by the entire Tribal Wars community to be a sign of weakness)....Now that, coupled along with your OD ranking?
You know, I whipe my ass of with what the "entire Tribal Wars" community thinks about conquering barbs. I have heard this excuse sooooo many times, I really get bored with it.
How many points of S.S are created with barbarian villages?

You can twist everything around like you want, but in the end it's all about points, and it doesn't matter how you got them.

Just be honest and admit we have a policy and we stick to it, and not like S.S who is attacking those who seriously helped them before.....

I think there's now enough evidence to call you what you are. Pointwhores
Oh well, here it is again, the "pointwhore" argument.
How would you feel if I would call you a whore?

Please, get over yourselves, and try to understand that it is your fault we took this course of action.
I think we are VERY realistic in our chances to win or loose on W1.

Okay, I'm done...
Thank God, that was one useless post.....

To everyone:
We have tried something else, played the game in a different way, and we've come a long way to get as far as we did. 99% of the players here are heavily stuck in their ways to play TribalWars, on every server (I've seen quit some of them) it's the same story and same gameplay.

I have been invited to join S.S several times and I had to think really hard if I would join or not. I didn't, the main reason was I very much liked the new way Raven tried to get as far as they could. And the fact I'm loyal to a tribe.

Meanwhile, I got tons of requests by S.S players who asked me for support. Because they've asked it nicely and promised not to attack me in the future, I supported about 99% of the requests.
I'm proud to say S.S would have lost a lot of villages without my help!

Now I'm under attack. There's no problem with being under attack, but I find it hard to believe I'm under attack by those I helped before. Every "thank you" they sent, every "we are friends forever" the sent, every "I will never attack you!" can we flushed down the drain.

TW is not only about having wars, it's also about honor, (I use this quote by my great friend e2kiel) "unanimously agreed upon by the entire Tribal Wars community".
If you fail to respect agreements or turn against those who once saved you, it says so much about you, and not about the ones that helped...

Last but certainly not least I want to (already) congratulate EGO on their win and dominance on this world. They have done a superb job and mastered W1 easily.
Well done folks, a deserved win!

DeletedUser

RAVEN always played a fair game filled with loyality , friendship and love but S.S may be wasn`t the one who deserved it and they have brought themselves in the middle of NOwhere . now S.S will have to suffer all the concequences

e2ekiel

raven has always tried to be as much peaceful as possible and tried not to hurt any tribe or player without any serious issue ... but strength of a tribe doesn`t depends on its OD .. or stats but on their minds and on their skills which we really have and will show ..

u take them as empty threats which is the biggest mistake from u guys and when this empty threat is gona get filled with all the S.S members on their knees than u will come back to us begging

u6s5l

Ego404 will step in if necessary to help S.S, as we are technically at war with you as well. But I mean, it's not like S.S will even need our help, so we're not too worried. We'll sit back while S.S plays with their food a little bit before S.S crushes you. That's up to them, of course, being independent

and Ego404 is the only thing because of which S.S is speaking and comming out for wars to much if Ego404 wouldn`t have been with S.S than S.S would have never come out or even ever turned against RAVEn ... so S.S is nothing themseleves just preety dumb cats ... which will get afraid of Horrible Dogs of Raven and than beg for peace

DeletedUser

What a lot of BS in the replies, looks like some of you can't stand the fact we did it differently and were successful until a few weeks ago.

Some facts (and if you don't agree, please come back with some facts instead of a lot of blah blah):

Mk, fine. You want to argue, let's have a little fun ;).

Acrobat said:
I see you have a seriously lack of memory, I'm very sorry for you.
We NEVER said we are participating in a war. We are the Switzerland of TW, we don't choose sides, we try to stay neutral as long as we can.

If you don't agree, please point out where we said we are going to participate in a war.
My "lack of memory" is nonexistent. I'll have you know my mommy tells me my memory is very good! Now if only I could remember who my mommy is :confused:.

Oh, yeah, anyways, as to the first part, the declaration says:

RavenBlack said:
The declaration of war by S.S against Raven certainly highlights their warped view of reality, and furthermore, it does not even make sense. They state that we are “peace loving tribe” and have “refused to participate in wars”, yet they also state that they “have endured attacks from us.” With the way S.S uses deceit, half-truths and outright lies,

Now read what I said:

Me said:
Strange...and yet you seem to be saying that you do participate in wars...

I highlighted the key part for you. You see, by putting it in quotes and following it up with saying that no one should believe anything S.S says, you are also saying that Raven has not refused to participate in wars, which is a contradiction. It seems you have a reading problem, but don't worry! I'll excuse your reading problem if you excuse my "memory" problem ;).

The fact S.S broke the NAP is not the point here. The point is we (Many Raven members) helped out S.S members in the past, and S.S declares war on us and these same players are now attacking those who helped.
Now, that's full of honor don't you think?

ROFLOL, so, you are actually saying WE decided to become a problem???? LMAO
What S.S did was using our defenses in their benefits, and later on decide to attack those who helped.
Wait, wait, so tribe alliances/NAP agreements aren't supposed to be mutually beneficial? Then what are they supposed to be? When you stopped helping S.S, you became an obstruction. Think of it this way:

If I (me being Raven) help pull a boulder (S.S) forward, when the goal of the boulder (yes, boulders have goals in this hypothetical story) is to move forward, it's all well and good. When I stop pulling it forward and it's already rolling, then I stand in its way, I'm going to be flattened because I've become an obstruction, not a help.

I think that makes sense, right? Well, besides boulders having goals, but who knows if that's true :eek:.

Hehehehe right.....
We (Raven) all know we won't win this game. We also know we can't stand up against EGO or S.S. We have much less experience in our tribe, we have several smaller players and we don't spend 24/7 at TW.
But we don't mind, we have proven you can get very far in TW with politics and being nice. When we have lost, Raven will be remembered as a tribe with lots of respect and honor.

And not like S.S will be remembered: their agreements were very easily broken and didn't last.....
Their agreements that mattered lasted, because they were always mutually beneficial and always actually honored their calls for help and vice-versa ;). And I like how you know you can't stand up to S.S alone (you said Ego404 or S.S), but the end of the declaration says:

RavenBlack said:

So wait, what kind of destruction is this? Is this some kind of metaphorical destruction where they take over all your villages but are destroyed mentally because of the terrible builds you guys use? I don't really see how they could be destroyed, but you can't stand up to them :confused:.

Acrobat, keep reading, the next part has a little tidbit for you after the abdullah009 quote ;).

Thanks for the congratulations btw, it is all a game after all :p.

and Ego404 is the only thing because of which S.S is speaking and comming out for wars to much if Ego404 wouldn`t have been with S.S than S.S would have never come out or even ever turned against RAVEn ... so S.S is nothing themseleves just preety dumb cats ... which will get afraid of Horrible Dogs of Raven and than beg for peace

But hey, Acrobat, you're right. You clearly don't have anyone who thinks you can stand up to S.S! How could we have made such a mistake to assume anyone in Raven was so arrogant :rolleyes:?

As for you, abdullah009, if you're trying to pull that whole "S.S wouldn't have survived without Ego404" thing, let me remind you of a few things:

Ego404 and S.S have been allied for a long time, this is true. But S.S also had done an exquisite job of fighting to reach the position it had before allying Ego404. So why did Ego404/S.S ally? Because it was mutually beneficial. I'd even say that without S.S, Ego404 wouldn't be around today either. Both sides, as any good allies should, have helped each other out in the past. That help is what makes good allies, and that help is why both have survived. S.S would've been perfectly capable of getting further than the likes of Raven without Ego404, but why should they have to when they can simply make an alliance that will allow them to win the world as well? It's much, much more effective that way. Don't like it? Too bad.

DeletedUser

I'll excuse your reading problem if you excuse my "memory" problem
But of course, I never judge on anyone's handicap.
You're cute with words, but I am absolutely sure you understood the message instead despite of the perfect order of the exact words.
Not everyone is as perfect as you, must be very lonely at the top, isn't it?

Wait, wait, so tribe alliances/NAP agreements aren't supposed to be mutually beneficial? Then what are they supposed to be? When you stopped helping S.S, you became an obstruction.
Did I say it wasn't mutual beneficial? Did I say I stopped helping? Oh boy, you are so misinformed.
Better do your homework next time before you respond.

Oh wait, there is more:
If I (me being Raven) ......
Thank heaven you're not a Raven member, the ego of our entire tribe would be way to small for you. Sorry mate, don't even bother to try thinking about it. Raven is proud to have honorable players instead of selfish and egoistic backstabbing players.

What I find very funny in your response: you make word jokes, you try to twist my words, you try to implicate things that weren't said, and so on. You would do great in politics, they also ignore the more important things and try to distract our attention. Because the main point is several S.S members have broken their agreements, and stabbed in the back.

Now you might find that very fancy or cool, or part of the game, I think honor and keeping to the agreements very valuable.
I know, I know, you don't think that's important, you are in fact the best here around, so why would you even bother to stick to your site of the deal?

It's so simple: several S.S members made agreements (personal or on a tribe level) with some of our players. They decided to throw all these agreements overboard and they started attacking us. You can (again) twist and turn as much as you want, but that's backstabbing. And I don't like to be back-stabbed.....

DeletedUser

But of course, I never judge on anyone's handicap.
You're cute with words, but I am absolutely sure you understood the message instead despite of the perfect order of the exact words.
Not everyone is as perfect as you, must be very lonely at the top, isn't it?

It is, so lonely. Thankfully, I've got tons of players above me and around me! That's why I like to be in my tribe! They're all above or at my level :p.

Did I say it wasn't mutual beneficial? Did I say I stopped helping? Oh boy, you are so misinformed.
Better do your homework next time before you respond.

"We will not declare on BJ or their allies. We will not take sides."

Support only goes so far. When S.S has an alliance with a tribe that has over 17,000 villages, which is now over an 9,000 village lead on tribe #2, they get all the support they need. You could send all the defense in your tribe to S.S, and even if every village in your tribe was defensive, Ego404 would still be able to supply more, assuming Ego404 has a 1:1 O:D village ratio. If you're not going to attack, what are you really doing? You stand in the way of S.S, which means S.S has hardly any fronts with the enemy. You're going to support them...where? In villages that are no longer near enemies? You block them, won't attack, and want to support them? Not beneficial.

Seems you didn't understand what "mutually beneficial" means. I can send all the defense I want to your villages, but if you can't use it because you're not near enemies because I'm in your way, is it helpful? No, no it's not.

Oh wait, there is more:
Thank heaven you're not a Raven member, the ego of our entire tribe would be way to small for you. Sorry mate, don't even bother to try thinking about it. Raven is proud to have honorable players instead of selfish and egoistic backstabbing players.

Selfish and egoistic? I put everything I have into the tribe. I post, I contribute opinions, do things for the tribe, and I'm selfish? And I'm the uninformed one? I am not the best player by far, nor the most helpful for the tribe, but no one can tell me I don't try to help the tribe. Does it make me selfish because I post against you or something? Are you just scrounging for insults because you have nothing on me? I suppose so.

What I find very funny in your response: you make word jokes, you try to twist my words, you try to implicate things that weren't said, and so on. You would do great in politics, they also ignore the more important things and try to distract our attention. Because the main point is several S.S members have broken their agreements, and stabbed in the back.

Believe what you want, I never denied that they dropped the NAP. I only stated that they had a good reason for doing so. It seems you are not understanding that I'm not trying to distract you, I'm trying to explain to you.

Now you might find that very fancy or cool, or part of the game, I think honor and keeping to the agreements very valuable.
I know, I know, you don't think that's important, you are in fact the best here around, so why would you even bother to stick to your site of the deal?

It's so simple: several S.S members made agreements (personal or on a tribe level) with some of our players. They decided to throw all these agreements overboard and they started attacking us. You can (again) twist and turn as much as you want, but that's backstabbing. And I don't like to be back-stabbed.....

If you don't like it...that's cool. If you think I'm the best, that's nice and all, but I must say you're wrong. Thanks for the compliment though, bud!

DeletedUser

A cat crossing the freeway can be considered 'successful' right up until it meets the corvette in the #1 lane.

Others have pointed this out, but I'll recap and condense their statements down to this: You have reached the pinnacle you currently occupy because everyone else above you has already been dismantled - with the sole exception of BJ; in their case they are only still above you because we can't build enough nobles to take them down any faster.

You are correct that being honorable and trustworthy has a real value. I have personally followed that path myself the entire game. I've never told anyone anything that I did not fully believe to be true. I've never negotiated with anyone in anything but the best faith. These things, I think, have been instrumental in helping us to negotiate the earlier stages of the game when it was not at all certain that we would be the ultimate victors; they have also been the key factors in the formation of our end-game alliance with S.S. With that said, however, I've always been aware that in the end only one tribe will win, and that tribe will have a maximum roster size that cannot be exceeded - therefore it has always been in my mind that some day there would come a time that those who were not with us would ultimately be our enemies regardless of provocations (or lack thereof).

For your path, then, I can say that it is honorable and trustworthy but it is unfortunately not effective. You cannot win a tribal game about war purely through the path of peace unless some other much more warlike tribe is willing to take you along with them - and it is not terribly likely that such a tribe would feel motivated to do so.

S.S have been our absolute stalwart (and effective) allies since the time when we were at war with four out of the five top tribes and our continued existence was being called into doubt by nearly everyone else around. In other words, due to the personal relationships and trusts they built with us they were willing to tie their cart to ours and rise or fall along with us. That kind of honor and courage simply has to be respected - and we do; that is why they WILL be in the winner's circle with us when this all comes to a close. We will not forget their assistance - just as they did not forsake us when things looked grim.

Having said all that - I thank you for your kind words regarding our successes; I wish I could offer you my hopes for your success as well but even without Ego404 I think that success is about to come to an end in your war with S.S.

DeletedUser

Before someone bothers trying to quote this part:

Dryke said:
With that said, however, I've always been aware that in the end only one tribe will win, and that tribe will have a maximum roster size that cannot be exceeded - therefore it has always been in my mind that some day there would come a time that those who were not with us would ultimately be our enemies regardless of provocations (or lack thereof).

And say that we will declare on S.S, let me make sure you read this part:

Dryke said:
That kind of honor and courage simply has to be respected - and we do; that is why they WILL be in the winner's circle with us when this all comes to a close.

DeletedUser2362

Let's face the facts

Okay I have to step in and say something here. Did S.S have a NAP with Raven, yes we did. Did we ever attack Raven while the NAP was in place. No we didn't. Did Raven attack one of our players with 1500 attacks. Yes they did. Our player attacked one of their players after the NAP was ended. So their tribe did what any tribe did. They stood up and attacked back. Good job. Here is the thing. That war was a 1 on 1 war and Raven brought in their whole tribe. Nothing wrong with it. So once again nothing wrong with S.S bring in the whole tribe. To let you know our tribe has recieved other attacks from Raven members before the war was declaired. Does it really matter no because we don't and didn't have a NAP at the time. NAPs and Alliances are ended every day. Does Raven have some skilled players. Yes they do, but S.S has more skilled players. That is how we have about 20 less members but are a bigger tribe. I personally tried to keep the peace with Raven for as long as I could. This is a game and when I play games I play to win. I personally told Raven that we could not stay at peace with a tribe that were at peace with tribes we were at war with. So lets stop all of this B.S talking back in forth and let the fuin begain.

DeletedUser

Ok, just saying, months ago I took out a Raven player. I was threatened with hundreds of incomings, but also told Raven does not attack people. No attacks ever came, and I proceeded to destroy the player I had to deal with.

3,513 mini blei [Raven] Mashman [404] 2011-03-10 20:21:44
3,860 mini blei [Raven] Mashman [404] 2011-03-08 23:19:29

Ravenblack, the tribe leader, threatened to attack me from across the world. Not an attack came. He had about 35 villages at the time, from what I can gather, while I had like 3 (Mini blei was one of my first targets)

In fact, rather than attack me, OR defend miniblei, they actually kicked mini blei:

mini blei Mashman [404] 2011-03-15 03:33:10
Ok, I guess what I am trying to say is the tribe Raven sucked then, and as far as I can tell they still suck, especially if Ravenblack is still their leader. I don't expect them to have a chance. S.S is in this to win it as an ally of Ego404. But I love all this drama.

A side note, I am attacking and nolbing mini blei again, who was silly enough to restart right next to me. I figure why not noble the same guy out twice? Only this time he is not in Raven... =/ Come on guys, with 90 members, can't you let one more join you??? :D

mini blei [DNA] Mashman [Ego404] 2011-09-29 01:05:47

Acrobat, Raven has never been successful. They have mass recruited incapable players from all over the world. It is just recently people have bothered enough to care and notice you existed.

/end rant or story or whatever you wanna call this.

I await your post pointing out my flaws in my post and not commenting on the truths, as I know it will be coming soon.

DeletedUser548

Ok, just saying, months ago I took out a Raven player. I was threatened with hundreds of incomings, but also told Raven does not attack people. No attacks ever came, and I proceeded to destroy the player I had to deal with.

3,513 mini blei [Raven] Mashman [404] 2011-03-10 20:21:44
3,860 mini blei [Raven] Mashman [404] 2011-03-08 23:19:29

Ravenblack, the tribe leader, threatened to attack me from across the world. Not an attack came. He had about 35 villages at the time, from what I can gather, while I had like 3 (Mini blei was one of my first targets)

In fact, rather than attack me, OR defend miniblei, they actually kicked mini blei:

mini blei Mashman [404] 2011-03-15 03:33:10
Ok, I guess what I am trying to say is the tribe Raven sucked then, and as far as I can tell they still suck, especially if Ravenblack is still their leader. I don't expect them to have a chance. S.S is in this to win it as an ally of Ego404. But I love all this drama.

A side note, I am attacking and nolbing mini blei again, who was silly enough to restart right next to me. I figure why not noble the same guy out twice? Only this time he is not in Raven... =/ Come on guys, with 90 members, can't you let one more join you??? :D

mini blei [DNA] Mashman [Ego404] 2011-09-29 01:05:47

Acrobat, Raven has never been successful. They have mass recruited incapable players from all over the world. It is just recently people have bothered enough to care and notice you existed.

/end rant or story or whatever you wanna call this.

I await your post pointing out my flaws in my post and not commenting on the truths, as I know it will be coming soon.

I remember seeing that in the funny mails thread...

Found it :D

Clicky :D

Oh, and when will we expect the first op from Raven? Down with S.S! :p

DeletedUser

lol nice finding... I forgot I posted that there. Goes to show they had 90 people then AND now. lol... once a noob tribe, always a noob tribe? :D

DeletedUser

What a lot of BS in the replies...

...if you don't agree, please come back with some facts instead of a lot of blah blah)...

You tell us to come back with facts, when all you did was sit here and tell us how we felt, or how things really were (in your opinion, mind you). Yeah, that works. No, you see, when it comes to this, you can't tell us to come back with facts when the only facts you have are: "Oh no! They used us!" and "They're so arrogant and dishonest" Let me spend some more of my time to show you where you're wrong. (And don't even reply saying "It wasn't necessary, you didn't make any worthwhile points") I don't plan to make points, I plan to show how yours are in no way useful.

Now, that's full of honor don't you think?....

...ROFLOL, so, you are actually saying WE decided to become a problem???? LMAO

We had an NAP. We asked you to support us. You did. Believe it or not, it went a long way. You supporting us made us infinitely more lenient with how you guys "thought about" taking sides in the war. You've obviously made it clear in so many different ways that your whole plan was to see how far you could go through peaceful diplomacy and friendship. Once your duke told us that you had NAP's with both sides of the war, we offered a sort of ultimatum. We tried to get you guys onto the winning side of the world. Ravenblack repeatedly refused to ally with us (which yes, would mean becoming enemies with BJ and such). It's been said, at this point in the game, you can't be neutral. If you're not allied, you aren't going to be friends with us. I have no sympathy. Whether you helped us or not, we gave you more than ample time to make the right decision (in terms of reaching end-game). When we told you we dropped the NAP, we told you. We didn't just start attacking. We let you know the NAP was dropped. That's considered honorable enough, I'm sure. But I know you won't think so, so don't bother replying.

Ah, it looks like you were not informed by your player Fungus.
Do a checkup on his villages if you want and see how many troops he has left after he got 1500 attacks from Raven.

From the facts, about 80% of those 1500 incomings were fake, and there were 0 nobles. There were a lot more troops there then you would like to believe. Since the player is in my tribe, my knowledge of the troop counts is in so many ways more credible. Besides, we don't have small troop counts here in S.S. We're not below or even at your expectations, truth be told.

No you haven't. I can understand why you do want to say something though, I'm sure it's not easy being the non-fancy lap-dog in S.S.

Oh god, please elaborate.

So, okay, go ahead:
Yes, a lot. So? What's your point? Is there a TW law you MUST conquer villages owned by other players? Maybe in your fantasy?

You know, I whipe my ass of with what the "entire Tribal Wars" community thinks about conquering barbs. I have heard this excuse sooooo many times, I really get bored with it.
How many points of S.S are created with barbarian villages?

You're trying to make your point in the Tribal Wars forum when you say you have no acknowledgement for the accepted standards of good game-play? Recently, the barb stats are so much less since we had some large reforms a few months back, but even averaged out, we're still only at around 50%. The fact is, you try to say you did well here, while at the same time you say barb conquers are a good thing. Well, as smart as you think that statement sounds, we're all sitting here laughing in front of our computer screens.

You can twist everything around like you want, but in the end it's all about points, and it doesn't matter how you got them.....

.....Oh well, here it is again, the "pointwhore" argument.
How would you feel if I would call you a whore?

And you get mad when I call you a pointwhore? Which, is just saying you focus on getting as many points as possible, since you didn't seem to understand. I'll call you a point-hog if the other word makes you sad... :(

Just be honest and admit we have a policy and we stick to it, and not like S.S who is attacking those who seriously helped them before.....

You stick to a policy. Cool. Not a very good one.... Peaceful co-existence DOES NOT help you in this game. Please, burn that into your memory banks.

You helped us, yes, awesome. Those good acts only go so far. You can't seriously ride that horse anymore. It's become irrelevant.

So, in conclusion. You can respond to this, and get shot down again (by either me, or u6s5l., who does a much more clean job of it), or you can accept the fact that you really made no valid points in any of this.