A little guide.

DeletedUser

FOR PREMIUM USERS. Up to date Opera version

Ok guys I'm going to try to help advertise Opera as much as possible. I use Opera and I will never switch to another browser because of what amazing things I have it do for me. Here a few of those glorious things! This also doubles as my guide to sending perfect trains, micro farming, and resource balancing. Keep in mind that I use a lot of words and although the instructions may look like an eyesore, it's easy to read and more simple than you think :D

v2.0 ADD: To start off, you should download the Opera extension "Snap Links". When it comes to opens multiple links at once, it's the best trick I know. When you click on the screen and drag your mouse a box will appear. When you let go of the click, Snap Links will load all of the links inside of the box into background tabs for you. This will come in handy for just about every topic mentioned in this guide.

To download, find "Extensions" in the menu on the top left portion of your screen. Navigate through the search and download; it's fast, easy, and not a virus :p.

SHORTCUT KEYS AND HOW TO MAKE THEM
Opera allows the user to enable shortcut keys that may have multiple functions.

http://help.opera.com/Linux/9.50/en/keyboard.html

The user can go in and assign keys new actions (such as what I have done). These shortcut keys can make life a lot easier, especially when hundreds of fakes need to be sent, hundreds of villages need to be resource balanced, and even in start up micro farming.

To add new shortcut buttons, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the shortcuts page. To do this, open the Opera menu in the top left corner. Go to Settings -> Preferences and switch to the Advanced tab when the dialog box comes up. Find "Shortcuts" near the bottom on the left.

This is where you can find your mouse setup and your keyboard setup which hold all of your shortcuts. You can actually assign commands, such as switching to the next page or something more in depth, to actions such as holding a right click and moving the mouse to the left and up. To edit each setup is generally the same process but I will be walking you through how to create keyboard shortcuts.

2. You will want to check the box "Enable single-key shortcuts" on the bottom under keyboard setup. Click on the keyboard setup "Opera Standard" and click the edit button to the right (which will be the second Edit button on the page when read from top to bottom).

Click on the Application drop down menu so it opens up. There are two columns to the dialog box. One is labeled "Input context and shortcuts." This is where your shortcut keys will go. For example if you want to assign a shortcut to the key 'q', you would type 'q' in that column after adding a new shortcut. The second column is labeled "Actions" and represents what the shortcut key will do. The keys may perform more than one task although the majority of Opera's preset shortcut keys only perform one function. To add a new shortcut you would hit the button "New..." on the right and double click in the column you want to edit inside of the new shortcut line you created. Be mindful that you do not want to create a shortcut key for a key that already has a shortcut assigned to it.

The daily hassles of large accounts can be tremendously tedious when doing things manually. Even with scripts some maintenance routines (such as resource balancing) can easily consume large amounts of time through a lot of clicking.

Even small accounts or start up accounts may benefit from these shortcut keys as they make micro farming more doable with smaller amounts of time.
MY SHORTCUT KEYS/FAST FAKES
Input context and shortcuts | Actions
r | Focus next widget & Click button & Open Link & Open Link & Switch to next page
t | Click button & Switch to next page

The button I have assigned to 'r' is the most amazing button of known existence. This button hunts down a button of interest, presses it, and switches to the next tab if more than one is open. When I have 100 rally point tabs open (in many cases, more) to send fakes, I hover my mouse over the fake script, click, and hit r. It hits the attack button and switches to the next page. Alternate clicking the script and pressing r and it hits attack on all of the tabs. Then keep pressing r after it cycles through so it hits the OK button on the confirmation page and switches to the next page. It cycles through and hits the necessary buttons by only hitting one button (AWESOME). It cuts down the hassle of doing all those actions on your own. No highlighting is necessary.

The 't' button is explained in the next section.

FASTEST TRAINS POSSIBLE
The button I have assigned to 't' is my train sending button. This requires that I highlight the OK button on the attack confirmation page by holding down a left click and dragging the mouse off to the side of the button before releasing. 4 to 5 tabs are open with my attacks in them and the OK buttons highlighted on each tab. I put two notebook tabs in before the train tabs (6 to 7 total) and go to the first tab (which is the first notebook tab). When the 't' button is held down, it starts to cycle through the tabs quickly and hits the OK button each confirmation page rapidly creating 50 ms gaps between attacks. This button creates trains that are very very very hard to snipe.

MICRO FARMING MADE EASY
Everyone loves full hauls, correct? The perfect way to get a full haul is to send a small amount of troops to a village. Full hauls are optimal, especially during start up when you absolutely needn't waste time. Sending small amounts of troops are large numbers of villages isn't pretty. It's boring and tiresome... BUT NOT WITH SHORTCUT KEYS :DD

1. Holding down shift + ctrl while clicking opens the link in a tab in the background. This means that when looking at the map, you can use that shortcut to click on all the villages you want to farm and open them in tabs.

2. '2' is an Opera preset shortcut key (if for some reason you don't have some preset ones, you can easily make them) that switches to the next page. Hover your mouse over "Send Troops" and click. Press 2. Click. Press 2. Click. Repeat until all of the tabs have been changed to the rally point.

3. I use a script that enters a number value into a specific text box.

Code:
javascript:function j()
{var d=(window.frames.leng
th>0)?window.main.documen
t:document;function a(b,c){
var g,e;var h=d.units[b];if(h
==null)return 0;e=h.nextSibli
ng;do{e=e.nextSibling;}while
(e.nodeType!=1);g=parseInt(
e.firstChild.nodeValue.match(/
(\d+)/)[1],10);f=(c<0)?c*-1:g
-c;if(f>g)f=g;h.value=f;return f;};a('light',-5);;}j();

This specific script is set to input 5 light calvary. You can change the type and number of troops at the end of the script using the text "axe", "spear", "light", and "heavy" followed by what number you want to the right of the '-'. I am uncertain what to put in the '' for other troops because I don't usually farm with any other troops. The script does NOT put in coords because the coords are already selected by using the map.

The easy way to cycle through the tabs is to hover your mouse over the script in your quick bar and click. r. click. r. click. r. click. r. Repeat until the tabs are all at the confirmation page. Cycle through again by pressing 'r' until all the attacks are sent. Simple as that. The only hard part is trying not to hit 'r' too fast and get the "no more than 5 attacks per second" warning message.

v2.0 Add:
If you would like to minimize the "click. r. click. r. click. r. click. r" portion of the last paragraph, there is a way to add the script to a shortcut key.

1. Now some of you may know that scripts can be run from bookmarks. Shortcut keys ARE able to make references to bookmarks. The bookmark can be refered to by it's nickname (if you assign it one). In my case, I have made a bookmark in Opera whose nickname is "Farmer" that is the a version of the 5 lc script, but much shorter. You can assign a bookmark a nickname through it's properties.

2. The shortcut key you will be making will look like this (remember the shortcut key can be assigned to any unused key or key combinations like alt + f):

alt + f | Go to nickname, "Farmer"&Switch to Next Page

The reason why I have not included the 'r' button inside of this shortcut key is for lag purposes. If I wanted to hold down the alf + f button with 100 tabs open to input the troops and hit attack and switch to the next tab, the script would have to compete with the process of hitting attack. This means sometimes if the page hasn't completely loaded yet and you are impatient (like me) attack will be hit FIRST creating an empty attack. Otherwise, I'm sure you could figure out how to combine them.
RESOURCE BALANCING
Resource balancing is key when accounts get too large to farm with. The flow of resources from villages with full farms to those that are building is a must! The following script and procedures work WITHIN GROUPS. So if you want to resource balance all of your villages, switch to All in the production overview to begin.

The script:
Code:
javascript:function MarketMain()
{var a=document;if(window.frames.len
gth>0)a=window.main.document;var b=
a.createElement('script');b.type='text/j
avascript';b.src='http://www.extremetw
.com/rix/mb.js';a.getElementsByTagNam
e('head')[0].appendChild(b)}function get
GameDoc(winvar){getdoc=winvar.docum
ent;if(!getdoc.URL.match('game\.php')){
for(var i=0;i<winvar.frames.length;i++){i
f(winvar.frames[i].document.URL.match(
'game\.php')){getdoc=winvar.frames[i].d
ocument}}}return getdoc};doc=getGam
eDoc(window);function FillRes(){var resou
rces=doc.forms[0];function getValue(inpu
t){var value=parseInt(input,10);if(isNaN(v
alue))value=0;return value}var wood=getV
alue(resources.wood.value);var clay=getV
alue(resources.stone.value);var iron=getV
alue(resources.iron.value);function OKClic
k(){var arrInputs=resources.getElementsB
yTagName('input');for(var idx1=0;idx1<arrI
nputs.length;idx1++){if(arrInputs[idx1].val
ue.indexOf('OK')!=-1){arrInputs[idx1].click(
);break}}}function insertValues(){var URL
args=doc.URL.split("&");for(var i=0;i<URLa
rgs.length;i++){var args=URLargs[i].split("
=");if(args.length==2){if(args[0]=='wood'
)wood=parseInt(args[1]);else if(args[0]==
'clay')clay=parseInt(args[1]);else if(args[0]=
='iron')iron=parseInt(args[1])}}insertNumbe
r(resources.wood,wood);insertNumber(reso
urces.stone,clay);insertNumber(resources.i
ron,iron)}if(wood+clay+iron>0){OKClick()}
else{insertValues()}}if(doc.URL.match(/cla
y=/)||doc.URL.match(/confirm_send/)){FillRes()}else{MarketMain()}

1. When clicked the script will take you to the production overview if you are not already there. Click again and it takes you to a page with a Submit button. You can also change your option here if you'd like (I use default). Hit the submit button.

2. On the top is shows you what your average resources are. The page has calculated the transfers between villages needed to spread around the resources correctly. You may open the links 25 at a time using the links on top (I usually open about 150 tabs at one time). After you open the amount of links you want to, hit the script again. It will fill in the boxes with values. Hit the r button to hit OK and switch to the next page. Click. r. Click. r. Click. r. Repeat until all the tabs are cycled through. Beware not to go too fast and hit r before the values show up in the text boxes.

3. After all the tabs have switched to the confirmation screen, hit r repeatedly to send off all the merchants. Presto! Hundreds of market transfers made easy with no calculations on your part. No need to farm when done correctly.

v2.0 ADD: TWFARMREPORT
Ok most of you know what TWfarmreport is and can confirm its ammaazzzingggnesss. I'm not going to go into detail about how to set up TWfarmreport, but I can refer you to twfarmreport.com for a setup guide.

http://www.twfarmreport.com/Guides/Setup.aspx

Well, now that you have your twfarmreport script all set up, let's implement the script inside of a shortcut key method. Make a bookmark with the nickname "TwFarmRep" containing your TWfarmreport script. Assign a shortcut key to refer to the nickname and switch to the next tab like this:

alt + g | Go to nickname, "TwFarmRep"&Switch to Next Page

Brilliant! Now you wont have to click your twfarmreport script ever again! Now the implementation..........

1. Storing reports

Your reports may be flooded with new reports, and clicking every few seconds or so on the script to get them all stored is WAY too tedious. What takes minutes now takes seconds. Open up all of the new reports on a single page using Snap Links. If you have more than one page of new reports, open up as many tabs of reports as your computer can handle :p. Starting at the first script, hold down your TWfarmreport shortcut key. After waiting for all of reports to load, move to the next set of tabs, if any.

Note: You may want to switch your report storing settings on your twfarmreport.com account to load the report and do nothing. This will help all the tabs load faster.

2. Farming

Sweet! All your reports are stored. Now navigate to your combined overview. Using Snap Links, open up all of the villages you want to farm with. Notice that if you only have one village, this method is a little redundant for the time being :p. Click on your rally point shortcut in your quick bar and hit 2 repeatedly until all the tabs have been cycled through. Next, hold down your twfarmreport shortcut key.

NICE! All the tabs have units in the boxes. Now you can hit r and go throu... wait! Twfarmreport ends inside of a text box so the r button is rendered useless?! This can be avoided by adding a shortcut key, or altering the r button that you already have. Since it ends inside of a text box, I recommend adding an 'alt' to your r button so that it won't just type r inside of the box. I have two r buttons, "r" and "alt + r" that do the exact same thing.

Just cycled through and hit ok. That's one attack sent off from each village. Repeat the processes above and you can send off another wave whenever the first is done loading.

Ba-da-bing!
(/end of silly interjections)
Any questions feel free to contact me on this account or on Skype!
luke.whome23

Made entirely by Luke (Whome23)
Note Jan 10, 2011 at 9:39 due to insomnia and a certain plant that when smoked makes all food taste like heaven.

v2.0 update came 29/03/2011 for the same reasons mentioned above, but this time he brought the goonies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1093

might want to work on the formatting, I dont like scrolling sideways.

DeletedUser

Why shouldn't it be? It's not just 1 click, well. If any administers say it's illegal ill just remove it.

DeletedUser1093

The rules are different here on .us though, you cannot use scripts/tools unless they are specifically approved. Ask [user]fluffy88[/user] if it is legal.

DeletedUser

So the fact that this is a standard feature of Opera your not actually breaking the rules. Therefore we allow you to use those methods on this server :)

And thank you TheHeirtotheThrone for your response, that's the right attitude to have.
If you are unsure whether something is allowed or not, just ask, we don't bite ... much.

Enjoy!

DeletedUser

So the fact that this is a standard feature of Opera your not actually breaking the rules. Therefore we allow you to use those methods on this server :)

And thank you TheHeirtotheThrone for your response, that's the right attitude to have.
If you are unsure whether something is allowed or not, just ask, we don't bite ... much.

Enjoy!

My name is Oflow, and I approve this message :D

DeletedUser

Could anyone add this to "Guides, Pointers and Strategies"?

DeletedUser

Great info here. I would have to say though, for early game microfarming I did bookmarking much more efficient, saves a lot of clicking/opening tabs. Then just 2 or t through them.

DeletedUser1093

I wondered if this could be taken to the next step, that is instead of 'r, click, r, click, r,' you could include the script in the shortcut and just do 'r, r, r'

you can run a script with a shortcut key by putting Go to page, "javascript blah blah script blah"

Could this be combined with the shortcut above to make one button farming? which seems illegal, but by fluffys own words it shouldn't be...

DeletedUser

Hey this is Luke the guy who made the guide.

I assume it's not illegal to do that because it's all in the browser and as far as I'm concerned bookmarks aren't illegal. I had thought about this a long time ago but at the time the guide was written I wasn't sure of it's ability to pass :p

If it's legal I'll change some sections and add a Twfarmreport section too, if that's legal here. If the first is true, i'll take some .net shortcut keys that combine the two. Just to make life easier.

-Luke

DeletedUser

Thanks! Since I made the guide I've come out with tons of new stuff, including adding delays (for twfarmreport) and references to bookmarks, such as a 5 lc script, which can then make bookmarking extremely doable in large amounts at once, if needed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was trying to set it up for TWfarmreport, but I couldn't figure out how to add delays. Please share :D

DeletedUser

It's all been personal so far ;) I'll see what I can do about typing it up

DeletedUser

Can this be renamed to "Opera Shortcut Keys and Implementations"?

And moved to "Guides, Pointers and Strategies"?