Day by Day Discuss.. top 20 tribes..

DeletedUser

There's really no question that I revolutionized startup, I've had more rank 1 starts than anyone, have written one of the most popular startup guides, and start in a way that was not at all documented by anyone prior to my experimentation with startup.

Your turn, feel free to explain how you revolutionized anything, other than the definition of stupid posting.

I agree with most all of your claims Nauz because I have played with you. You are one of the top 3 players in tribal wars globally, but your ego is disgusting. Purple Predator taught you a few things, so give credit where credit is due.

The worst part about your accomplishments must be no job and not much of a social life because being number one in several worlds takes more than co-players...it takes time....a lot of time. That is not a personal slam either. It is more recognition of how demanding this game is.

Be honest....has being on the TW staff helped you better understand the intricacies of the game ?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Purple Predator taught you a few things, so give credit where credit is due.

I've never claimed to be a better player than Purple Predator, Lardingd, or Godsman, all three of which taught me loads when I was new. I've never claimed to be the best player, or even one of the top 20 best (total that is, I'm assuredly top 20 best on most individual worlds I play on, but statistically that's not bragging, it's really not much of an achievement to be top 20 on a world). I've claimed to be good, and better than specific people when arguing with them, but never ever claimed to be the best or even one of the best, nor will I ever make such an argument.

No Noobery said:
The worst part about your accomplishments must be no job and not much of a social life because being number one in several worlds takes more than co-players...it takes time....a lot of time.

The level of activity startup requires is a bit overrated. Activity is essential to some degree, yes, but not as much as people think it is. Currently work one job, roughly 30-40 hours a week. Used to play while working two hobs at once, and before that I worked one job and went to college. all of the jobs but the current one though have had internet access while at work (actually current one sort of does, but not really, I have internet on my phone, but farming from a phone is awful, I only check for incomings and queue things on my phone).

No Noobery said:
Be honest....has being on the TW staff helped you better understand the intricacies of the game ?

Not really, no, or at least not in any significant way. Learned what a few of the hidden settings do, which are slightly useful, but not majorly. (By hidden settings I mean things that can be seen in get_config, but aren't ever announced when a world opens, things like village density, or when villages will start spawning on the rim with over 26 points, or how many barbs or bonus villages to expect a world to have).

DeletedUser

I personally would enjoy playing in any tribe your in....again. However, I have been PERVerted in US4. I wish you would take more time to teach tribe members what you know, however I also understand it can be a pain in the *insert body part here*

This is a social game and I always look back fondly at those who took time to help me learn the game.

DeletedUser

I started on 19 worlds an failed them all I am so good check me out

Shut up dude dont matter what you did in the past clearly you failed an clearly your going to keep failing since all you care about is how the start is.
Dont matter if you hit rank 1 you couldnt hold it

Talk to me when you actually win a world then tell me your good until then sit down and shut up next time you want to talk to me raise your hand first an wait to be called on

Winning an actual world doesn't require any skill, it's only determination and the people who last the longest.

Nauzhror is a good start up player. And a rather decent mid-game player I suppose. And, he can easily out class anyone in PERV.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I started on 19 worlds an failed them all I am so good check me out

Failed them all? Not everyone's goal is to play long after the competition has gotten bored and quit and to then finally manage a high rank and brag about being better than the people that quit and moved on to greener pastures.

Old School Perv said:
Shut up dude dont matter what you did in the past clearly you failed an clearly your going to keep failing since

For someone that keeps failing it's weird how much more respected by the community I am than you are.

I think it's far more likely that the phrase, "Not in the same league, don't shoot at the same hoops." applies, we may have different goals, but I definitely don't fail to meet mine.

Old School Perv said:
Talk to me when you actually win a world then tell me your good until then sit down and shut up next time you want to talk to me raise your hand first an wait to be called on

I've won HP rounds, which are generally considered to be far more competitive than most worlds.

Now, unless you have something sufficiently witty to say, which judging from your prior posts you don't, sit down, shut up, and put back on your dunce cap and go back to at least being a quiet insignificant waste of space.

DeletedUser

I was going to avoid commenting in here.

However, I have a few things I am going to comment on, from an unbiased point of view (considering I don't play W4).

Point 1. Startup Guide Topic.
Nauzhror's guide to startup is completely irrelevant to W4 top 20 tribes, at this stage, unless every member of one tribe used that method and every member of another didn't - in which case I guess it could be a loosely relevant topic. I'd suggest not even browsing on to bringing this up. Likewise with Nauzhror's huge success ingame at startup - he has a record nobody has been able to even come close to competing with. My point is - it isn't relevant to this thread, and so should no longer be a topic of discussion on this thread.

2. Statistics per member.
There is no advantage in having less or more members when it comes to ODA or ODD. What Nauzhror did, was take the ODA of the two tribes, the duke of one using his version of the statistics to slag off the other, and divide them by the respective member count of each tribe. Likewise with the ODD.

The result of Nauzhror's calculations, assuming they are accurate in terms of values used, clearly shows that PERVS has nothing on 15:42 in terms of ODA or ODD per member, and although they may have higher values according to Old School Perv's comments, they are a much less advanced tribe in terms of offensive and defensive movement so far in this world. As such, my view is that Nauzhror's comment fully breaks down what is perceived to be Old School Perv trying to "put down" 15:42 for being lower than PERV in total in said stats.

3. Early Game/Mid Game/Late Game.
I'm probably the only person posting in this thread who's been top 5-10 in startup(s) before, top 5-10 in multiple mid-games before, and playing Endgame currently on one. So, I think I will be listened to when I say the following:

Early Game takes a whole different type of gameplay to Mid Game.
Mid Game takes a whole different type of gameplay to Late Game.
Late Game takes a whole different type of gameplay to Early Game.

Ie, you need different techniques and skills to do strongly in each.

I would say that heavy activity and a great start-up is important for Early Game.
I would say that reasonable activity and intelligent, aggressive expansion is important for Mid Game.
I would say that strong (sporadic) activity and commitment is important for Late Game.

Some people enjoy various parts of the game. For Nauzhror, I believe I am right in stating that he finds the game boring after start-up, and so quits at that point. Often whilst in a position to keep the top spot for a long time (only once have I seen it be a real competition during start-up between Nauzhror and another player, which was all the way back in W39).

The only discussion on this thread recently of any value, is the statistical evaluation.

Trying to tell somebody to shut up because you have no experience of them playing at a certain point of the game, is not only irrelevant to this topic, but completely pointless. As is discussing a player's guides when the topic of the guide is also completely irrelevant to the topic.

Apologies for the slight off-topic in terms of the 1st and 3rd points, but had I not done so, the point would not have been made.

DeletedUser2069

Failed them all? Not everyone's goal is to play long after the competition has gotten bored and quit and to then finally manage a high rank and brag about being better than the people that quit and moved on to greener pastures.

Hence you failed them. The object of the game is to win. Nobody likes a quitter. Just cause you can grow fast at the start does not make you a good player.

For someone that keeps failing it's weird how much more respected by the community I am than you are.

Its not that hard considering this is the first time this names ever been used so people dont know me as well as you.

Now, unless you have something sufficiently witty to say, which judging from your prior posts you don't, sit down, shut up, and put back on your dunce cap and go back to at least being a quiet insignificant waste of space.

Oh look you can say the same thing as me an change a couple words around your smart I want to grow up to be just like you.

Oh an I dont want to be in the same league as you considering your league just quits after other people start getting nobles and could pose a threat to you.

DeletedUser

Hence you failed them. The object of the game is to win. Nobody likes a quitter. Just cause you can grow fast at the start does not make you a good player.

Not necessarily. If you don't want to play late game for various reasons doesn't make you a bad player. As let's say late game top 20 is oriented about the players that farm and usually get rather decent villages. And also, late game imho is quite boring.

Mid game although is rather fun. Though at .us it's barely playable. As just after start - up there is barely any competition.

Oh an I dont want to be in the same league as you considering your league just quits after other people start getting nobles and could pose a threat to you.

http://uk10.tribalwars.co.uk/guest.php?screen=info_player&id=946

You should really back-up what you are saying. Yet again you are just biased.

DeletedUser1446

Wasn´t that time already to reach 100.000.000 resources looted? *confused*

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Hence you failed them. The object of the game is to win. Nobody likes a quitter. Just cause you can grow fast at the start does not make you a good player..

No. The point of any game is to have fun.

The definition of game afterall is: activity engaged in for diversion or amusement

And if no one likes a "quitter" why exactly is it that I'm so much more well liked than you are?

Oh, oh, I know this one.

It's because I actually play the game for fun rather than pretending something that isn't fun is just to impress people so I can say I've "won" worlds.

Old School Perv said:
Its not that hard considering this is the first time this names ever been used so people dont know me as well as you.

No Terry, it has nothing to do with your new alias. Try again, perhaps with a reason someone other than you is going to buy this time.

Old School Perv said:
Oh look you can say the same thing as me an change a couple words around your smart I want to grow up to be just like you.

Who's copying who again? http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showpost.php?p=310441&postcount=167

Oh, wait, that can't be right, that's a phrase I've posted several times, here, on .net, and on .uk, but once you've copied it me using it again makes me the poser.

Nice try.

Old School PErv said:

No, my league quits when it becomes apparent that no one near us is actually going to fight back or do anything about us. Most "world hoppers" in fact become far more active, and far more motivated when they are challenged and when their neighbors do fight back. What's boring is taking candy from a baby.

Wasn´t that time already to reach 100.000.000 resources looted? *confused*

Not farmed actively, or even hardly logged on in weeks. Sadly, the competition is so weak that despite that the account is top 5.

Not any weaker than on this world though IMO since that account'd be rank 12 here, and that world opened over a month after us4 did.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Measuring of the "Epeen" is a classic past-time shared down by the ages.

DeletedUser

Get back to top 20 tribes discussion.

Some sanity finally. Nice gatekeeper activity Mr. Mod :0

I shall take your advice...bumpity bump

1 PERV

***Bias Alert (I am a Perv)*** Rank #1 in points and combined OD. Not much else to say is there?

2 TBS

Solid in the number 2 spot (no pun intended). Balanced ODA & ODD. Very active leaders which is key. Inquiring minds want to know why Aenima joined and left so quickly though? Could there be some cracks?

3 Vets

1 Player in the top 20. This is the quietest #3 tribe I can remember. Time to make some noise boys...you seem apathetic to this world.

4 ~ZEUS~

Boring.

5 LGND

Boring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are below this line, quit now and find a new world to play. You are food for those above this line

6 Balkan

Who?

7 VVE

Who?

8 ~XB~

Food for US4 players.

9 VodkaA

A family tribe...really?! When will people ever learn? Nom Nom

10 STFU

Yawn

11 V-V-V

Yawn

12 NTK

Yawn

13 B*o*B

Yawn

14 VodkaW

A family tribe...really?! When will people ever learn? Nom Nom
15 KOTR

16 T.S.C
17 TRETS
18 SHIELD
19 VANS-A
20 Jag

DeletedUser

3 Vets

1 Player in the top 20. This is the quietest #3 tribe I can remember. Time to make some noise boys...you seem apathetic to this world.

Far from apathetic, we have 3rd on world and 3rd ODA. We have fought and won all our own wars without asking assistance from allies and will continue to do so. Anyone else here who can say the same?

DeletedUser

Not me. YOu have 3rd ODA cause the rest of the world doesnt know how to play. I could send all my troops at you now and get rank 1 ODA in noo time.

DeletedUser

Far from apathetic, we have 3rd on world and 3rd ODA. We have fought and won all our own wars without asking assistance from allies and will continue to do so. Anyone else here who can say the same?

Hmmm...now I am like a mushroom in PERV, but from my vantage point in the dungeon, PERV can say that as well. I have never seen any support from other tribes to us. Now I am not saying it has never happened, but it was not common knowledge if it did.

I am a soldier, they say go kill @#$% and I do.

DeletedUser

there is one thing i can say, i've never seen perv asking other tribes for support, maybe one member did ask a player nearby for help, but then thats his responsabilty, and therefore the tribe shouldn't be blamed for his actions.
You can't say we needed help to win our wars, because that, my friend, would be a lie. we've worked together with our allies, and Druss, you were one of those we worked together with on ops, but the objective on that was ending a war faster, not that we couldn't do it alone.
leo

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2069

He didnt need help in wars because lets face it everyone his tribe went to war with was tribes that were 100k or less no tribe in the area vets are in ever got a chance to make a decent tribe/threat to vets. Now thats not a bad thing thats actually a good thing but to then come to the public forums an act all proud cause you never asked allies for help that part is pathetic. Yes PERV worked with other tribes VETS was one of them but when tribes are allies they work together specially with a common goal but never once did perv ask for support from outside the tribe only joint attack efforts. Not that it matters really just had to get a post in here