Eulogy Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Dear players and Forum Goers,

As you know Tribalwars is a battlefield, sometimes no matter how much you try, no matter how strong the tribe, some of your buddies just don't make it. So I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the skill(or lack of skill) from the tribe members or neighbours that passed away in the haze of battle. I would like to make a eulogy competition. Please write a eulogy for a fallen friend foe or neighbour! The person can be real or imaginary. Win premium or even a title. The premium was raised a bit, and the title is über cool ;)

nowhitexd.png

Competition prizes
1st Prize: 800pp + Title: The Undertaker
2nd Prize: 400pp
3rd Prize: 200pp

Rules

• One entry per person.
  • No profane or obscene comments allowed. These entries will not be considered entries at all, and will be removed from the competition.
  • You may not advertise your entry to gain more votes "vote for me". This will lead to disqualification. External sources will also be used as evidence to void the entry(facebook, skype)
  • The text should not be longer then 500 words

The contest will be run from April 8th, 2011 to April 18th, 2011. During that time, you may submit your entries by posting here. A poll will open April 19th, 2011 for voting, and will be open until April 26th, 2011. The winners will be declared based on that poll.

Thanks for competing!
-The Tribalwars.us Team

DeletedUser

Due to my current winning streak, I am not going to enter this competition, to allow others a better chance of wining the premium that is up for grabs :)

DeletedUser

Dear tribe mate,

Despite your tragical death, your name will never be forgotten! You fought for a great cause for you reign, after so much laughts and jokes you passed away but your happy spirit will remain for the eternity for those who were your friends, of that I am sure.

Some years have passed since you proclaimed your independence and you began your noble crusade across mountains and valleys for fight the guys who have attacked your fellows! Your body will disappear with the time sure, but your soul will stay with us for the eternity of the times! Was it a waste of time? Of course not, big souls like yours will never stop to fight for the freedom of those you love!

Our enemys are now happy because they defeated one of our best warriors, but your spirit will be avenged! They will not laugh at your, because with the time they will fall in pieces! We will fight for you and the ones who died with you.

You will always be remembered! Rest in peace!

DeletedUser

Fight for my friend

I have made this :)

When I was a young player who was noble attacks every time I started over but after a while you stood there and helped me. You gave me warmth, shelter, food, and I got a friend. You helped me up to the top and when I felt bad you stood there and gave me a hug ans said that I shoud be happy. Years passed and we were feared by many. After a few years you wanted to give up, so I helped you like that you helped me. But after a few months, you got so many attacks that even I could not help you. When you finally fell from the throne, I became so angry and took my sword and went off to war to fight for you because that I wanted you to stay.

DeletedUser724

The Eulogy of Mandan.

Mandan was a kind player. She grew fast in the beginning. Those around her were scared of her fast growth and worried that she might soon be coming for their village.

As time went on, however, and she began nobling barbarian villages, it became clear she would pose no offensive threat. She was the worse kind of barb nobler there is, she would take barbs left and right, up and down, not pausing to think of anyone but herself and her ever expanding empire.

One day, a fine young chap got sick and tired of watching his farms disappearing, so he decided to take action. With a quick check with his tribe, he swiftly took 2 of her villages. What a mess! The resource pits were low, the HQ was impossibly low, and the village had almost no structure what so ever! Fortunately, this fine fellow was saved the task of spending even more of his battle warn troops in attacking Mandan for she quit.

And so, I, the fine young fellow in this story, do hereby say farewell to you Mandan! Let your horrible villages be attacked and taken by some ignorant No0b, and may you live your life knowing you truly are the easiest opponent I have ever faced.

DeletedUser

Community Manager OFLOW; Elder Moderator Inga no Kusari; Fellow forum members; All of Smash:

There are few events in our servers life that so unite players and so touch the hearts of all of us as the passing of a fellow tribe mate.

There is nothing that adds shock to our happiness more than the nobling of a traitor, chosen as he is to embody the ideals of our conversations, the faith we have in our tribe and our belief in the fatherhood of The smashnasty and the brotherhood of Smash.

We lost Hellish only days ago, but we have missed him for a long time. We have missed his annoying presence, that irritating voice, and the destructive ending we had wished for him. It has been a few days since he said his own farewell, yet it is still very sad and hard to let him go. Hellish belongs to the ages now, but we preferred it when he belonged to us.

Now, death has done all that death can do. And as Hellish goes his way, we are left with his village and resource to plunder. In his last seconds, he saw through a glass darkly. Now he sees his Savior face to face.

And we look for that fine day when we will see him again, all weariness gone, clear of mind, strong and sure and smiling again, and the sorrow of this parting gone forever.

May God bless Hellish and the village he loved which now belongs to other.

DeletedUser1619

X-Play

Dear X-Play,

Thank you for your life!

Without you i wouldn't play TW and I thank you for all you ever done for me!
:sword:Sometimes I need Defense, so you send all you have.:spear:
Only for me :*:hc:

:lc:Sometimes I haven't enough nukes, so you help me cleaning.:ax:
We will ever be our DreamTeam ♥:noblemen:

When the time will come, where someone of us is nobled, we play togehter in One Acc.

X-Play and Masterstroke 4 Ever!

DeletedUser623

While reading this most sorrowful Eulogy I'll ask you to bow your heads and listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGuhfBk5xk&feature=related

CM OFLOW; Ingame Moderators Jesseiam2, and Aliyah; Elder Inga no Kusari; Forum Moderators Dewdropdeb, The Smashnasty, and u6s5l.; Script Moderator Fluffy 88; Forum Assistant Que?; and all the members of this most gracious forum.

We are gathered here today to celebrate the most awesome death of our fellow ex-tribe member Hellish. I am truly honored to write a very special eulogy for my very special ex-tribe mate Hellish. Although his stay was short, and his patience shorter, we loved him to death. I was astounded when I saw him dismissed. Who would dismiss someone with that many points? The answer was simple, The Smashnasnasty would.

When asked about this subject he only had one thing to say:
evil-smiley-face.jpg

I was deeply saddened when I saw this, we should be honoring the dead, not making evil faces at them. I decided to investigate this horrible deed. Soon afterwords I found that The smashnasty had a Co-Conspiritor: SINISTER SOUL. It turns out Matt (the smashnasty) is an evil scientist who orders slaves to kill the good people of us3. SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THEM!

Again I am extremely antagonised by this sorry death of a former tribe mate Hellish the extremely stupid, May he forever Rest In Pieces.

Sinister Soul:
imgres

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am sorry to say to all that earlier today Ironwolf
passed away in his sleep. It is widely believed that he went to
heaven(though his closest friends believe he missed that bus). A memorial
service will be held for him Monday, April 25. Friends and family are
asked not to bring beer or rowdy wives. Anyone who wishes to send flowers
is instead asked to just send money(We promise it won't be used on booze or
hookers). The family is receiving guests this evening at 7:00 P.M. Anyone
who wishes to pay their respects is asked to attend. Lastly, a Virgil will
be held for Mr. Ironwolf at Slim Jim's Bar Tuesday, April 26. Close friends
and their cute daughters are asked to attend; once again please leave all
wives at home.

Please join us in mourning our beloved friends passing.

DeletedUser

We remember ...

He was a player who will forever be in our memory. It was he who contributed to the glory of our tribe. He never let me down. Now I do not disappoint him! I will avenge him in glory they bestowed upon me and my whole tribe!
For Bernouli
PaulP

[Where we can post our propositions ?]

DeletedUser

Acceptance

A man died, then a child was born
Planting corns will return as thorns
lucky i have coins unlucky for you
you do points.

Accept the fate your one of my bait
your village is the very yummy chocolate
fighting for survival is my game
talking that whats you learn.

I have slaves who send spears
to you i'll give you pain
i strive for glory
that's why i'm sorry

condolence my friend
you will soon achieve
of cource the rarely
resurrection award.

DeletedUser

Cover them over with beautiful flowers,
Deck them with garlands, those brothers of ours,
Lying so silent by night and by day
Sleeping the years of their manhood away.
Give them the meed they have won in the past;
Give them the honors their future forcast;
Give them the chaplets they won in the strife;
Give them the laurels they lost with their life.

DeletedUser

A great friend

Nick92 was a great friend and a very nice guy. he was the only person to ever help me when i needed it. for example when i was being attacked by duswdav he sent me 300 axemen 500 archers and 400 swordsmen. at that time he only had 3786 points. but he still sent some of his units to help me out. I really miss him. Sadly the tribe smash took over his village and his account was deleted.

DeletedUser

My Deepest Apologies

Dear Farm (I mean) Friend,
Once again, I am sorry you have fallen to my two thousand axes and five hundred light cavalry. I know you have fought valiantly. With your 11 spears and level one wall, in addition to my -24% luck you were probably ALMOST able to kill one of my units, which I congratulate you for since you are far more skilled than most others (since usually they have only been able to mass 10 spears). But right now, I'm pleased to inform you that your loss was not in vain. Your dead spirit still lives on. In fact, you bothered to upgrade your resource production far above my normal farming villages. You are contributing an extra 100 of each resource per an hour to my warehouse. Assuming you have already started over and have been relocated over the map, I will assure you that since I am using your these extra resources, many more people will join you.
Sincerely,
The Farmer

DeletedUser

Lucifer Tribes

It was once like in the stories
Was ever
The big tribes, imperial
A tribe that had a gate-

At the gate stood tribe
A great paladin
He is hiding in the back
A smart player

He was in town just spearmen
Top of swords
What defended him today and yesterday
As the village to give off

His knights and 2-3
And five thousand axes
What attacked incessantly
The enemy to beat him

Descend thou noble gentle
Gliding on a range
And entring in the vilage ennobling
When the fool 'not phase

And as he walked towards the village
Along with ax
-I saw his journey
One thousand people

Enemy of the village was
Quite a few bands
But paladin or had
More bumps on face

His nose 7 inch
The scratch earth
And a brick in his underwear
Let's not beat the wind.

In-so miss reastless
It has blistered the skin,
In a later did he endured
And started to scream-

I see little blind Paladin
And rotted in the sun
I ennobled him your village
And go to a cigar

Ours hated paladin
He believed that an escape
But unfortunately could not
He went to bury

So always nobling
Ours player
But one day he was left
Of our easly game

He divides villages,
The number one thousand
The tribal enemies and allies
And gave me the rest of them.

And you came to him crying
Let me give one village
Are you tired all the waiting
In vain, she gave me

Now I grow easly easly
Axes make waves
And you sigh slowly
As you sat in that big

Here are finished in mystery
Great poetry
About a player
What I objected to me ...

DeletedUser

a fallen comrade

a comrade is defined as a person who shares in one's activities, occupation, etc.; companion, associate, or friend. and that's exactly what gotaker was to me, he was a real life friend that had fallen ill with stage 4 neuroblastoma, a cancer of the nervous system, prior to his diagnosis he had been limping and growing weak so he and his parents had to make a choice on what to do, (he only had a 20% chance of survival) they decided to fight it right away, this player had since stopped playing tribal wars, he was deathly ill throwing up every day, he had lost 20 pounds in just over a month, but the illness was getting better, with chemotherapy his tumor shrunk 50% surgery was then in record time, and soon later he was cancer free, but a couple weeks later it came back, at that time the doctors said he had a very slim chance of living because the cancer was very aggressive, he passed away a couple of weeks later, he truly was a fallen "comrade" and i will miss him forever as a player and as my friend, this is done in his honor

R.I.P.
gotaker

DeletedUser

Thallia - A Player and Friend

Her empire began quietly, slowly, without fanfare. But the intelligent discipline behind the design became obvious to those who watched…

Her villages were built and attacks began. Her meticulous and well-executed plan revealed an understanding of the Secrets of Success in Our World. Bonus Villages contributed resources, while attacking villages conquered. Her strategy rivaled the Conquerors of Old: Napoleon, Ghengis Khan, Alexander and Sun Tzu.

Her generousity was unrivaled: resources given; support sent. Without asking. Without question.

Thallia left this game after a Sitter failed her. When Thallia returned to the game her troops were decimated, most of her tightly clustered villages conquered.

She began to build again, from the dust, with a new plan. A plan of dominance, vengeance and retribution. A plan she did on her own, rejecting the assistance of others; her own independence getting the best of her.

Her goal was massive, relentless, destruction. In a series of Coreleonian moves, she stormed her former villages in attacks separated by mere seconds. Each wave returned home, to attack again.

And she destroyed. Her desire was not to conquer, her desire was to leave their villages in ruins: no walls, no buildings, no troops. She destroyed, conquered and withdrew leaving only ash.

In a few hours, her conquerors became the vanquished. Thallia had attacked while they slept, secure in the knowledge that that girl they had kicked the $hit out of was nothing to fear.

They logged-in to an utterly changed world: their villages pounded into holes; their points gone; their rating slipped. Their venture into Thallia’s lands was over! All they could do was look anxiously over their shoulders while they limped home to seek assistance from their tribe in doing what they could never do alone: Conquer Thallia.

Using the help of friends they prepared. Soon, they attacked as we all do in Our World, but, they were attacking Thallia’s World.

And Thallia was prepared.

Scouts never returned. That should have been their first clue. Initial attacks were annihilated. Their Reports shone Red with a message that went unheard. Still they attacked and she defended, but lost ground.

Thallia retreated to her Main Village, an impregnable fortress. Tens of thousands of troops died in their attacks but it remained unconquered until finally, her enemies gave up the fight. They slunk away. Thallia, standing on her wall, shrieked at them. Daring them to return. They did not. She had not just won; they were beaten.

Through discipline and calculated savagery, she had prevailed. But her defiance left her exhausted and she too had to leave This World. And so she left, quietly, quickly, without fanfare.

As is the Way of this World, Thallia’s fortress became a Barbarian Village. I have watched as many have made a Noble Claim, only to have it expire unfulfilled. Many have tried; all have failed. This one, single unconquered Barbarian Village, surrounded by so many powerful players, is a Blood-Black Hole of Death and Doom.

Built by a Player, known as Thallia.

DeletedUser

Betonerah - 461|530-W3

I once knew a man in my early childhood this man saw the world as an enemy. There were no friends, only associates. One day, we had a fight. It was still early in our childhood, but he left his home because of it. Not to say he packed up and changed locations. He simply took a vacation in his mind, his body remained. He left all his wealth behind, to build interest, but allowed me access so I could flourish. In my life time I’ve had many troubles, but his sacrifice allowed me to recover and take back control of my life.
Betonerah, I thank you for your sacrifice.
R.I.P.

DeletedUser1446

Hi there...

So, in the past 2009 playing BR.6 i was apart of a tribe TOP1. During that time, war was fun but at the same time difficult... Many strategy needed, many hours without sleep organizing attacks and defenses...
While we were doing that, we had a player that every day was nobling a village in the middle of the enemy...and then conquered a lot more...he was in every K...he was fighting hard against enemies...we in the tribe helped a lot but in the real note...noone attacked him...they were affraid and he was our IDOL! And we wanted to help as much as we can...

Some day, some enemy decided to counter attack that player... he was smart, how tha hell could he noble so much enemies and how tha hell could he clean so many guys??

Well the answer was easy... our IDOL, TOP1 player, TOP1 ODA...our mascot...was nothing less...than 100% Offense!!!!!!!!

And so...for that lack of skill his throne was lost. He had 12million points and less than one month he had to quit because neither him neither the tribe could help him! (well the tribe could but...you do the math:D)

This is a real story...so, get some popcorns and imagine a lot of months work putted down in one month lol.

DeletedUser

My farm's eulogy

Ok.This will be my part for the competition.
This is an eulogy for a friend (username:Antagonism) who was nobled by some Japanese enemies in .net server and i don't remember which world it was.

"What can a man say about Antagonism? I never thought I’d see this day. He was the best damned soldier I’ve ever had the honor of serving with. We’re all experts in one field or another; Antagonism was an expert at everything. The thing I’ll remember most was his tactical gift. He knew the bush cold, and he read those Japs like a goddamn picture book. He was always one step ahead of the enemy. But Antagonism is no more. The finest among us has fallen."

Thanks for making this competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.