I'm not a barbie girl in a barbie world...

DeletedUser

Hello all,

I am wanting to see if I can get down to the root of the problem on W1. Barbarian takers have ruled the world since the start. Does anyone have a good reason why this can be? I have never played a world where it was so ok to noble barbies. Granted, I am a proven .net player and most of us know what happens on .net when your a barbie girl.:D

I have taken 16 barbs of 95 villages and half of those were players my troops made to delete. What's your count in relation to barbs/player nobles and why?

DeletedUser623

1 player 1 bonus and 1 barb that I cleared the player first.

DeletedUser

4 barbs, I have 27 vills total...

first two nobles were barbs around me, one was to expand in a new direction away from my cluster later on...

recently, one more, a player who i nobled early on who went barb, and i never got around to it so i cleared and nobled it

but yea, too many barb nobles( *MAGICX* *AHEM*) crowding me out, nobling into my church... twice as many villages as me but less points... =D

it is a very different experience and it will take different skills to lead this world , especially down the road... what will happen if barbs run out!?!?!? lol people will probably start nobling 500 point players they know they can beat...

DeletedUser623

To be honest, I don't think its a big deal if someone nobles barbs. Think about it did DNY just noble players? No they nobled barbs too. So please quit whining. Yeah you need competition and yeah morale would suck if you grow off of nobling barbs when you try and noble players. But its not really a big deal if they have the troops to back it.

DeletedUser

Half my targets quit while my nobles were headed to them :(

DeletedUser

To be honest, I don't think its a big deal if someone nobles barbs. Think about it did DNY just noble players? No they nobled barbs too. So please quit whining. Yeah you need competition and yeah morale would suck if you grow off of nobling barbs when you try and noble players. But its not really a big deal if they have the troops to back it.

Hmm, I would of thought at end game there would be no purpose for barbs. I am on w27, which is in endgame and were taking players only to close the world. I have some contacts in the DNY network, I will see if I can get some information on this from them...

DeletedUser

Hello all,

I am wanting to see if I can get down to the root of the problem on W1. Barbarian takers have ruled the world since the start. Does anyone have a good reason why this can be? I have never played a world where it was so ok to noble barbies. Granted, I am a proven .net player and most of us know what happens on .net when your a barbie girl.:D

I have taken 16 barbs of 95 villages and half of those were players my troops made to delete. What's your count in relation to barbs/player nobles and why?

I had the same observation when I started this world. You are right about .net. We always made fun of people who took barbs (at least for non-strategic reasons)... The players in this world who have threatened me the most (verbally) were bigger than I but when I looked at their collection of villas, they are ALL barbs. So I just laugh to myself. Indeed they might be good players but taking only barbs didn't really demonstrate that to me. They will have to try a little harder to impress me.

I think bonus villages are good to snatch up but my M.O. is to take players not barbs (unless that barb is 10,000 pts:D).

The .us server may just be an evolution (or de-evolution) in gameplay. Just like the younger generation today has significantly less manners than our parents' generation.

DeletedUser

The .us server may just be an evolution (or de-evolution) in gameplay. Just like the younger generation today has significantly less manners than our parents' generation.

I am not sure I would characterize it as an evolution or a de-evolution, but its more like history repeating itself. Our server has quite a few players that have not played before. They are making the same mistakes that early world players made on other servers. They will learn when the more experienced players bring smaller forces to bear against them that there is only 1 constant in Tribalwars, troops win wars and those with smart strategies and tactics can beat a player with a poorly put together villages and troop builds.

DeletedUser

jesseiam2:

Well said! :)

( I guess my flair for the dramatic didn't work ) ;)

DeletedUser

I am not sure I would characterize it as an evolution or a de-evolution

This is where I disagree. I've come across several new players that have not played before, that have picked up the game exceedingly quicker than I've ever seen before on any of the worlds I have played. This is due to all the bad leaders, bad players, and less competition. Players that normally wouldn't get that chance to figure things out for themselves that have a great work ethic/potential capabilities, are now blossoming and know the game better than most people.

It is definitely an evolution. Will create a great, fresh player pool for future US worlds to come. :cool:

DeletedUser

Breaking News Alert...

black+ops+barbie.jpg

Dear Players,

As official spokesperson for the Barbie Alliance, I am officially demanding that you all stop nobling us. As such, we are declaring offically our mutual partnership with the EgO? tribe. Noble us unnecessarily, they punish you. And dont forget, my lover Ken is not a forgiving man.

776800_f260.jpg

DeletedUser

The way I see it, there are two reasons not to noble barbs: (1) They are smaller and provide less gain than a player's village would and (2) it detracts from the point of the game.

Reason 1 makes the most immediate sense to anyone, and is often the reason I don't noble barbs. Practically speaking, I'm going to noble a barb if it benefits me more than nobling a player (and that may be because the barb isn't defended, but the player's village is). And for many people that is the case, so they end up nobling a lot of barbs.

But I definitely agree that nobling barbs detracts from the point of the game. In order for the game to become more of a war-game, we need to deal with the problem: barbs are TOO appetizing. They're too big and too numerous. I remember playing some of the single-digit .net worlds: there were no suddenly appearing "Barbarian villages." We actually called them "Abandoned Villages," because they were villages that had been previously inhabited. Why can't we go back to the good old days?

DeletedUser

I started on w31 in .net and the barbs built up to 3k points, here they will get to only 1.5k so that is a big improvement. Right now I have 3 bonus villages next to me of which I plan to take 2 of them at some point. 1 recruitment bonus and 1 wood bonus. I have 2 playes that are not growing and 2 new that showed up to day. Which ever is largest when I get nobles will be the first to go.

DeletedUser

I remember playing some of the single-digit .net worlds: there were no suddenly appearing "Barbarian villages." We actually called them "Abandoned Villages," because they were villages that had been previously inhabited. Why can't we go back to the good old days?

Lol wow... I wish it was like that here tbh, even if it would have meant me being nobled out earlier on, it would still be a more exciting world...

I started on w31 in .net and the barbs built up to 3k points, here they will get to only 1.5k so that is a big improvement.

barbs get to 3K on us1 as well... just take a gander around the core K's...

DeletedUser548

Oh, no. They didn't learn with w31 then.

Some of the earlier .net worlds had barbs that maxed out everything. All you had to do was wait and cap it, then demolish whatever you didn't need.

DeletedUser

I got lucky and had a more experienced player give me some tips early on. Therefore the first several villages I took were from 'active' players. (At the time they seemed intimidating, but looking back I realize they were even more hopeless than I.)

After that I've nobled some barbs - but really only for two purposes: One, to secure some kind of foothold (create a defensive cluster or offensive launching point, OR place a church); Two, to get a bonus I wanted.

I, too, find it odd how many people only want to fight barbs. There's enough of them out there that they even band together and form huge tribes (*cough* SD *cough*).

DeletedUser

@Nick - This is offtopic but you have a new sig.. Would you mind if i 'borrowed it' or you made me one like it using roxas? He is my avatar for the forums on a different server. :)