New World?

DeletedUser

Any rough estimate on when world 14 will be opened? Thanks. :D Im getting excited!

DeletedUser

Considering how lop-sided W13 has become, I would imagine within the next couple weeks it will be announced. Likely for late January is my guess.

DeletedUser

The top tribe owns only 4% of all player owned villages, I wouldn't call that lopsided at all. Granted, they certainly dominate the top 25 players, however I have seen tribes fall apart frequently and I have seen other smaller tribes ally under a strong leader who can direct operations that would obliterate their opposition. There is a lot of life left in this world if the players want there to be.

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
Indeed JUNK does own approximately 4% of played owned villages. But IMO you are looking at the wrong statistic. JUNK owns over 25% of the total world points.

If you've ever seen a tribe own that amount after 71 days then I'd like to see it.

DeletedUser

I've seen a world end in 91 days with far more than 25% of the worlds points. Like I said, this world is far from done if the others on it want it to continue.

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, which world?

And I am not debating it's close to finish. But to say it's not currently lop-sided would be wrong IMO.

DeletedUser

It was on the .LT server, first world I joined that was not on .US or .net. It was fast and crazy.

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
I am going to assume (correct me if I'm wrong) you are talking of the W6 over on .lt, in which case - the winning tribe didn't even control 25% of the points when they won (first time I've seen that, actually).

DeletedUser

The top tribe owns only 4% of all player owned villages, I wouldn't call that lopsided at all. Granted, they certainly dominate the top 25 players, however I have seen tribes fall apart frequently and I have seen other smaller tribes ally under a strong leader who can direct operations that would obliterate their opposition. There is a lot of life left in this world if the players want there to be.

The top tribe is doubling the 2nd best tribe in points. I consider that lop-sided yes. I never said the world was nearing an end. But to keep newer players interesedt it would be smart to start a new world in the upcoming weeks. A newer player joining W13 would only result in failure unless taken under someone protection or the rare newer player who reads guides and learns quickly. When a world is no longer newer player friendly that is when a new world should be taken into consideration in my opinion. As this game is only successful with drawing the interest of newer players. Older players quit sooner or later with out newer players this game will go nowhere.

This is not a shot at anyone ether this is simply explaining my logic to my answer above when I said a new world should be coming up by the end of the month.

DeletedUser

I would anticipate a new world would start fairly soon, but I will leave that to Kawoni to announce. Shes the CoMa now. :)

My point was simply that players can still alter the destiny of this world.

DeletedUser

Well unless it's speed 2 I'm not joining. But seen as though W13 is speed 2 the chance of W14 being that is most certainly zero.

DeletedUser

Will there be a poll with world setting suggestions? I think it's important to take into account the community's feelings before creating a world, for obvious reasons.

DeletedUser

Nope, there won't. We have done polls in the past, this world will not be subject to one though.

DeletedUser

Nope, there won't. We have done polls in the past, this world will not be subject to one though.

Can we put in a suggestion to have W15 settings be based on a pull? I like the idea, never done it before.

DeletedUser

Kawoni is the CM, you can suggest whatever you like to her. She is on vacation so I am just filling in. I won't speak for what will happen in the future only while I am here. :)

She is a wonderful person though, so I am sure that if she can, she will. If she is unable, she will say that too.

DeletedUser

I don't understand why all world settings aren't put to a poll. From the perspective of the CoMa it would make more sense to create worlds that the community want. Too often have worlds suffered from poor registration due to the settings being unpopular, therefore from a business stand point it would also be logical for Inno to put all world settings to a poll.

DeletedUser

If all worlds were put to a poll, all worlds would be at the settings best for experienced players. Since new players join the game and need more "noob" friendly settings to have a chance of survival and sticking with the game, having all worlds put to a vote would be a self defeating event. Besides, its not hard to guess what settings experienced players want, they want faster, no morale, and typically no church. Frankly, if put to a poll, almost every world would have the exact same settings because the majority want what they want and that leaves no room for variance. Given that the game has been going strong for 10 years, the developers and community management know how best to run the game. I do believe strongly that player involvement is important, which is why I have always tried to give the voice and decisions to the players as often as possible.