One of the best start up guides (without mines)

DeletedUser

Before begin this tutorial, you have to understand that there isn't "The best sprint", everything depends of your location, neighborhood, farming, time, etc.

It's good that you are active if you use this start up :D.

Enter in the world blah blah (make tutorial, cancel the atack of the 5 spearmen)

See localization.

You have a barbarian village near you?

Statue (Paladin)
Wood - 1
clay - 1
iron - 1

You havn't a barbarian village near you?

Wood - 1
Clay - 1
Iron - 1
Statue (Paladin)

---------

Level HQ to 3
Barracks
Make only spearmans. When the paladin is ready, farm with spearmen + paladin.
Keep farming, and producing ONLY spearmen untill you have 30.
Now you have excess of iron, make market and porposals of 1000 iron for 2000 wood (no one will accept and you will use the iron for the lc), level up the market when you get more iron to store. Here sometimes there will also be excess of clay (keep 1000 clay in the market, will be good for the wall)
Now you have 2 options:

--------
1st Option:

You are farming good? Can you always have producing spearmens ?
Level up barracks to 3
Keep producing spearmens untill you have 105.
Then you divide them in groups of 45, another of 45 and the last with 15 spears and the pala.
And then starts the rush to the stable.
EQ to 10
Make Smith - Smith to 5
Barracks to 5
Stable
(Spy are option), if you have some extra resources, you can do, if not, go to the lc!
Stable to 3
Search lc.
Make ONLY lc (get the 1k of clay stored in the market, and go increasing the wall, that doesn't waste much iron)

-------------

2nd option:

You already have 30 spearmens, but you can't farm nothing, there is a lot of people farming in your neighborhood and the farms are empty.
HQ to 5
Barracks to 3
Smith (With this we can make swordsmen)
Make 30 swordsmen (divide in groups of 2 spearmen and 2 swordsmen)
The paladin will be good to spike a village near of you, and then make their evolution slow.
Farm..
HQ to 10
Smith to 5
Barracks to 5
Stable
Search lc.
And make only lc (get the 1k of clay stoner in market to up the wall).

----------------

From now there is only one option:
- The massive production of lc.

Don't stop producing lc, while you can't have HQ, Stable and Barracks (when the production of lc give something, search axeman) working 24h per day.

When we can get the stable and the barracks working 24 per day, what are the first things that I must do in the HQ ?
Barracks to 12
Stable to 8
At this time you won't need more ;) (you should have 200 to 300 lc's)
HQ to 15
(Optional ; Smith to 10, Workshop to make some rams and cats)
(We will go growing the iron mine as we can looking for the resources avaible ;) )

Tips:

When we have like 50 lc's and for example, have in our village kinda 400 resources of all resources (we can do a lc with that) DON'T make the lc, up the iron mine.

Micro farming isn't everything ;).
Try always clean some players and have good farms, because the barbarian villages finish to get empty fast.

I like to make academy with the mines in 9-3-20 (but depends of the world)

What also helps, it's begin 2 or 3 days after the world begins and start in the rim where the farms are really better (1st fast option).

-----------
Tutorial made by: Me= kanuki aka creedya (.pt) ,vans (.us)
Help of : Reznov. = my co'p
Some tips of: Noise (milad) and Davidze (.pt)
Translation by : Thunder ? (.pt)

Some questions ask (I know that it is confuse, but I have not that patience for more :D)
Some error, say that I edit.

Coment.

DeletedUser

I dont completely agree with lvl 1 pits at start,but the rest is cool :)

DeletedUser1446

Agree with this but it is nice the rest...not perfect in my opinion but since i´m not with much time my word is not good;) (since my startup for now isn´t good)

DeletedUser

Agree with this but it is nice the rest...not perfect in my opinion but since i´m not with much time my word is not good;) (since my startup for now isn´t good)

i teach you for free <3

sorry the atack :(

DeletedUser1446

i teach you for free <3

sorry the atack :(

My startup guide is good enough...and since i don´t go after the TOP1 it´s ok... Althought everytime i have time to play i usually am in TOP20...

About the attack i just have to say this "you were and will be marked as a friend in the map, but no more chatting". Final.

DeletedUser

Don't use any guides if you want to achieve something. Do it by instinct and looking at your area.

DeletedUser

Don't use any guides if you want to achieve something. Do it by instinct and looking at your area.

+1 everyones situation will be different each time they start a world.

But also a guide is good for new comers to learn the basics of the game.

DeletedUser

Although I'm sure this works in certain situations, I advise that everyone not rely on just farming and no mines in startup. They are an essential part of balancing resources and doing well regardless of the farming situation.

DeletedUser

Level 1 pits at the start are needed for any player's start-up if they are going for a paladin to farm with immediately. Still have a 6 hour wait or whatever the time is (depending upon world settings). That extra resource is very valuable to begin with.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
jealous ?

arent u the sam of .pt22 ? :rolleyes:

i use this start up guide ,and im always top50 ;)

Jealous? No, he's just smart.

It's not a good guide.

I wouldn't use this guide, and I'm "nearly" always rank 1.

1/1/1 mines is not nearly enough.

I'd in fact 'never' go less than 4/2/1.

DeletedUser188

It all depends on your location AND activity.
I think the guide is ok, not very good, but for people who dont know how to do well during startup it's ok. I usually go for higher mines, but again here it depends on the world settings. It' stupid to make mines on a x.5 speedserver, and it's stupid to make no mines on a x2 speedserver...

Nauzhror

Reaction score
It all depends on your location AND activity.
I think the guide is ok, not very good, but for people who dont know how to do well during startup it's ok. I usually go for higher mines, but again here it depends on the world settings. It' stupid to make mines on a x.5 speedserver, and it's stupid to make no mines on a x2 speedserver...

Speed has nothing to do with whether to make mines, or how high to raise them.

Unit speed does though.

Yes, usually the higher the speed the lower the unit speed, but not always.

DeletedUser

Nauzhror has one off best start-up guides but when i start a new world i forget to follow it lol but on w5 i will be following it =p

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Nauzhror has one off best start-up guides but when i start a new world i forget to follow it lol but on w5 i will be following it =p

Eh, mine's definitely better than this one, but I wouldn't really recommend its usage either. It was written 20+ worlds ago (W38 .net), and was tailored for that specific world's settings as it was written particularly for my tribemates on that world.

Specifically my qualms with this one are as follows:

1/1/1 mines are not high enough for 99.99% of areas and activity levels, and even in the best of areas they are a poor option because if you hit a spike and lose all your troops you will rebuild much much slower than if you had built an additional safety net. 4/2/1 is a much more sane starting mine level, even in a great area, as high as 6/4/2 in a mediocre area would be a better recommendation, and even higher than that if you have no barbs nearby. Note that these mine levels are recommendations before getting barracks, and not before getting statue, still get barracks statue and train paladin immediately.

105 spears with no swords or axes to split them up is never going to cut it in the core, ever. Not only is it slower to reach lc this way in terms of the amount of res you will haul, but you're splitting in only three groups so if you hit a spike you have the potential to lose a massive amount of troops.

Making 30 spears and 30 swords and farming in groups of 2/2 on the other hand is too overkill for most areas. That is farming 15 barbs at the same time, which is in most cases going to be past your 15x15.

A much better option is to go either 33 spears, or 44 spears, (I'd usually opt for the 44 option), then get HQ to 5, make 4 swords per 11 spears (or 4 less than this amount if you'd like to substitute paladin for one of the sets of 4 swords, but since he moves faster and is cheap to replace I tend to use him as a "scout" of sorts, sending him to attack new villages that are larger than is normal for barbs to see if there are still troops left over from the previous owner before sending my spears and swords at the village.

Once you have 33/12 or 44/16 I'd then continue making groups of 11 spears and 4 swords as your area permits till you have one per barb in whatever area you can reasonably keep dry, usually this is at the 'very' minimum your 9x9, and often as large as a 13x13.

Last edited:

DeletedUser188

Speed has nothing to do with whether to make mines, or how high to raise them.

Unit speed does though.

Yes, usually the higher the speed the lower the unit speed, but not always.

sure it has sth to do with world speed.
you're right it has also got sth to do with unitspeed, but i recommand to give mines a more important role on x2 speed worlds than on x1 or x.5 speed worlds.
But again you can't compare one world to another. It's impossible to have a "perfect" startup guide, every world is different(different neighbours, different barbs, different tribe, different settings...).

Nauzhror

Reaction score
sure it has sth to do with world speed.

Depends. If we assume 24/7 activity then speed is irrelevant. On a less active account though, then yes, higher speed can make mines more worthwhile.

On the other hand though even if 24/7 active lower unit speed always makes mines more beneficial.