Removing Morale

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
As we get further into the world will we be removing Morale or will it be remaining throughout? If so, What are the conditions that the morale is removed on? A vote? a % of dominance? Similar to .net.

DeletedUser

I completely agree, Morale might make sense in the beginning of the world, but later on it just doesn't work. Sure, I get it, it allows smaller players to have a chance, but it doesn't make sense, real life example; If an army of 100.000 attacks an army of 10.000, who's morale will be lowest? According to TW logic, the biggest guy has the lowest morale? Yeah Right. If I attack a guy with 5 clears, and he has around 10k def, why is my morale lower than his?

It's a flawed mechanic, and it should be adjusted, or removed completely.

DeletedUser

I think we can say that now the early stages of the world are done and the experienced/good players have been shown, now removing the morale or making it timed based would be a great decision to speed up this world.

DeletedUser

I agree. At first it was a great thing. Gives a bit of a challenge and helps protect the noobies. But at this point you really gotta ask yourself what is more logical. Pretty unfair if we gotta spend a few nukes trying to noble a turtle. Either remove it or make it time based please

DeletedUser

Disagree. World settings are something that shouldn't be changed. Wait for new worlds.

DeletedUser

I agree with mokdad. As the world continues to develop, morale is becoming an unnecessary annoyance instead of a necessary game mechanic. Solely time-based morale would be the perfect solution.

- Overkill

Last edited by a moderator:

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
It is a common occurrence for morale to be dropped on other servers as a world progresses. It saves the world from getting stale, no one wants to fight against players who started at the same time that didn't grow so now they are protected by morale, time based morale in my opinion is more then fair.

DeletedUser

I completely agree, Morale might make sense in the beginning of the world, but later on it just doesn't work. Sure, I get it, it allows smaller players to have a chance, but it doesn't make sense, real life example; If an army of 100.000 attacks an army of 10.000, who's morale will be lowest? According to TW logic, the biggest guy has the lowest morale? Yeah Right. If I attack a guy with 5 clears, and he has around 10k def, why is my morale lower than his?

It's a flawed mechanic, and it should be adjusted, or removed completely.
First off, does us and or net remove moral later on?

Secondly, it's not about making sense is it? I mean it's a game, you're not gonna tell me you play it because it's realistic right? You play it for fun.
Furthermore, I think the moral is always useful. I mean if you go as a player of 10M against a player of 500K it's clear you have the edge. The moral makes it less attractive to attack small enemies. It can also be used to your advantage. Let's say you get hold of a small account (due to sitting) on which the opponent has a moral of 30%. I mean just stack the guy and attack with it, the opponent will lose so many troops..

I mean I'm just saying, there's so much wrong with this game and the fact that you can buy your way to the top, that I don't feel the moral is a big problem..

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
First off, does us and or net remove moral later on?

Yes, .net has and does remove morale as the world goes on.

If that 500K player joined at the same time as the 10million point player i find it only fair that the 10mil player can attack him without a handicap(basically what morale is). All Point based morale does as the world progresses is slow it down and make it stale, Obviously we are still at early stages and at the end of the day we did join W13 with these settings however I am talking mid-late game where we can start to speed it up a bit instead of the larger players having issues removing a smaller player because they have 30-40% morale.

It's not the reason that i have posted but for example, Unless i attack someone who is in the top 30 i have morale issues which is fine, but the world will be very slow and boring if nothing changes.

EDIT: Buying your way to the top has not worked, If it did the top 5 would look very different.

DeletedUser1580

To me moral is useless at this point, we got players that just play defense those players noble a vill once a week, now thos small players have avantage over big players they can destroy a full def on one hit and the big player has to send 3 or 4 to kill tha small player so my opinion is that time base is the best.

DeletedUser

Some worlds have morale removed later in the world, others do not. It has not yet been decided what will happen on W13. When its decided, an announcement will be made.

As a matter of personal opinion, I was not a big fan of morale as a player, especially later in worlds. It is a necessary evil however.

DeletedUser

I think this world is far to early to be thinking about removing Moral in my opinion. If moral is removed now JUNK will run away with the world. It is the only thing keeping other tribes in the world in my opinion.

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
As i said above, I am not talking about removing it now. More so I am trying to find out whether there is a chance of it being removed or not.

Thank you for your reply jesseiam2, both here and in mail but if you could push the morale issue in our favour it would be appreciated and I would have a new favourite Community Advisor :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5049

Some worlds have morale removed later in the world, others do not. It has not yet been decided what will happen on W13. When its decided, an announcement will be made.

As a matter of personal opinion, I was not a big fan of morale as a player, especially later in worlds. It is a necessary evil however.
I agree with jetscream that it is a necessary evil at this point, but I think that as the world progresses it will need to be switched to time based or removed. If it is left as is, it will take insane amounts of troops to finish the game.

DeletedUser

jetscream? Is that a crazy autocorrect or have you given me a nickname?

DeletedUser3796

now my opinion would be to remove moral or have time based moral, as now its just becoming a pain. now im on a top 5 account however i wont disclose what one im on. and we have to use 2-3 nukes just to clear a full d and if they have bon then its something stupid like 6 nukes, which is just a waist of my time and my nukes. i would rather lose my nukes on someone who can actually defend there villages then someone who is just inactive and inexperienced but survives because the luck is in their favour.

DeletedUser

I dont think the world is old enough to have morale removed. How long has it been anyway? :p

DeletedUser4625

This world is quite new but because of the speed of this world it really is an issue already at this moment.
Removing the moral isn't a good thing though. A timed-based moral is in my opinion a lovely solution for this world.

The big players in the core have serious problems to clear players. To clear players who are not active playing. Those small players do have three villas or something while his neighbour has already got 50 villas. While they probably started the same day. Than in my opinion moral shouldn't be down to 36%. Because that just slows the world down! And that makes it boring.