Removing Morale

DeletedUser

this world is broken , bonfire and morale make it a bit pensive. money, money, money

DeletedUser2349

How does time based morale work? Longer trips means lower morale?

Morale is necessary. I recently joined so morale is the only chance I have at surviving against the larger players for now. However, US is very different from net. The world are much smaller and it seems like less people join late so I definitely see the annoyance of morale to the core players.

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
Time Based morale depends on how long you have been on the world, so if you joined on the same day you would have 100% morale regardless of the size difference between the two players.

Unlike W13 which is Time/Point based morale.

DeletedUser

Yep I agree with Drunk, he raises a valid point. Time based morale would better.

I think this world is far to early to be thinking about removing Moral in my opinion. If moral is removed now JUNK will run away with the world. It is the only thing keeping other tribes in the world in my opinion.

JUNK are going to win this world anyway, only a fool would disagree, this would just speed up the process and end a boring world IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2349

Time Based morale depends on how long you have been on the world, so if you joined on the same day you would have 100% morale regardless of the size difference between the two players.

Unlike W13 which is Time/Point based morale.

Ahh I see. That seems like a fair option to me.

DeletedUser

Jess,

Any suggestions or possible changes to morale in the future?

DeletedUser

I see no reason that if two players join the world on the same day, the one with 3k points after a month should have any protection from the one with 30k points. They start on fair grounds; if one player accrues an advantage, then he deserves to have the upper hand without any handicap to balance things out. The better player is, well, just that.

It's true that some players may be new to the game and have no chance to keep pace with veterans. The solution to this should be to give them advice, to point them towards guides and such. Simply giving them a false impression of strength through morale does nothing in the long term. It only encourages them to turtle on very few villages, which doesn't make the game fun for anyone. Point-based morale is just too flawed.

However, I am all for time-based morale. It is clear that even the most skilled and active players in the world cannot possibly take a 26 point village and survive against someone with a hundred villages. Looking at US13 specifically, it will probably not save anyone, but time-based morale is a much fairer system that I hope to see from the start in future worlds.

DeletedUser

I see no reason that if two players join the world on the same day, the one with 3k points after a month should have any protection from the one with 30k points. They start on fair grounds; if one player accrues an advantage, then he deserves to have the upper hand without any handicap to balance things out. The better player is, well, just that.
Well if he's ten times as big as his opponent he still has the upper hand doesn't he?

There's such a thing as moralbreakers by the way, I really don't get the fuss.

DeletedUser

Well if he's ten times as big as his opponent he still has the upper hand doesn't he?

he deserves to have the upper hand without any handicap to balance things out.

There's such a thing as moralbreakers by the way, I really don't get the fuss.

That's because morale is such a big issue that people are forced to find a way to work around it - another argument for why it should be removed.

Furthermore, I think the moral is always useful. I mean if you go as a player of 10M against a player of 500K it's clear you have the edge. The moral makes it less attractive to attack small enemies.

Why is that a good thing? Small enemies should be easy to eliminate. If they want to survive, they need to grow bigger, not simply hide behind the morale shield.

It can also be used to your advantage. Let's say you get hold of a small account (due to sitting) on which the opponent has a moral of 30%. I mean just stack the guy and attack with it, the opponent will lose so many troops..

This just sounds like abuse to me. Features should exist to improve the game, not to give players opportunities to exploit them for unfair advantages.

I mean I'm just saying, there's so much wrong with this game and the fact that you can buy your way to the top, that I don't feel the moral is a big problem..

If there's so much wrong with this game, we should find the problems and fix them. Morale is as good a place as any to start from.

DeletedUser

Ok, so I joined this world about two weeks ago. I could realistically be hit with long range noble trains from several larger players. These trains would wipe me out, and if I restart, well, Im about half a grid further out then where I was last time. This is why we have morale.

I prefer time based to point based myself, it means people cant play crap and still sit playing sim city whilst others grow. But to remove morale entirely is to give the advantage to the experienced players. This game is slowly dying. If you remove the one thing giving new players a bit of a chance, then we will lose new players entirely.

DeletedUser

That's because morale is such a big issue that people are forced to find a way to work around it - another argument for why it should be removed.

Why is that a good thing? Small enemies should be easy to eliminate. If they want to survive, they need to grow bigger, not simply hide behind the morale shield.

This just sounds like abuse to me. Features should exist to improve the game, not to give players opportunities to exploit them for unfair advantages.

If there's so much wrong with this game, we should find the problems and fix them. Morale is as good a place as any to start from.
Why is it a big issue?..
I mean, if you're smart you attack and noble the biggest enemies first, those on which you have a 100% morale.
If there aren't any of those left, it must mean you eliminated all the big threads and you're only left with a couple of small players who, even with the moral, can be taken down easily. Again, don't see the big problem. Is it annoying? Yes. Is it a big problem? I don't think so, but feel free to disagree.

If the moral is really a big issue, it means your opponent is a lot smaller than you. Seeing that, there's no way he stands even a little chance against you. All it takes for you are more clears, oh noes.

I don't know why you would consider that abuse. I mean when you get hold of an account it's because he's an allie or a guy stupid enough to give you his account.

There are indeed a lot of things wrong with this game and admit it, morale is only a small problem.
Why debate and discuss the small things first? Let's get rid of the biggest problems and then the small ones.

DeletedUser

Morale

Do we think we might see a time based morale anytime soon? Because there is something wrong when you have 30 small players attacking you and you can't launch counter attacks...

DeletedUser

I actually think it is time to visit this again, I was wondering if kawoni or any of the other staff are considering removing morale or setting time based conditions on the world. I for one think it will benefit it to some extent. Morale is no longer an issue for most of us we just send more nukes. Can we get some talk on this going and see if we can get something happening.

Andrew aka Bosman07

Deleted User - 419875

Please note that no setting change happens automatically. There is also no guarantee it will be happening within a day or even a week of the criteria being met. We periodically check all worlds to see what settings need to be changed and implement the changes after the check.

DeletedUser

In other words whatever the customer says is moot, we do what we like based on a set of rules and criteria set using someones personal preference.

Deleted User - 419875

It means that we have a set of rules that are given to us by InnoGames and that we must follow the guides and criteria set forth by them.

DeletedUser

This thread is going nowhere, honestly I am surprised it hasn't been closed since bossman touched on a sensitive innogames subject