Show Your Desktops xD

DeletedUser

So in that sentence, I said that I didn't knew there was operating system called Linux?
Hm.... Is now the time for me to tell you "Get your facts straight"? Or at least, read twice before posting if you're not sure.

<3

DeletedUser

Linux refers to any OS based on the Linux kernel.

It's like I said with the banana vs fruit. You can't eat just a fruit, you have to eat an apple, or an orange, or a banana, ect..

Its the same with Linux, you can't install just Linux. You have to install Ubuntu, or Debian, or Fedora, or ect..

So asking if he has Ubuntu or Linux is like asking if you are eating and apple or a fruit or is that a chevy or is it a vehicle.

DeletedUser

Why don't you getting your facts straight? Or at least try reading before twice if you are not sure. Lets try again.

There is NO OS called Linux.

I love how you refer my sentence which was pointed to all your knowledge about Linux and stuff, to only one sentence you wrote just to make yourself look right. But you're wrong.

Linux refers to any OS based on the Linux kernel.

It's like I said with the banana vs fruit. You can't eat just a fruit, you have to eat an apple, or an orange, or a banana, ect..

Its the same with Linux, you can't install just Linux. You have to install Ubuntu, or Debian, or Fedora, or ect..

So asking if he has Ubuntu or Linux is like asking if you are eating and apple or a fruit or is that a chevy or is it a vehicle.

Pls stop comparing OS's to a fruit. It's kinda irritating, and wrong.

First time Linux got out, it was a standalone OS. And yes, you were able to just install Linux. Remember that lil' penguin? I never actually used it home, so I can't tell if they still use it. I just learned about it in both High School, and College.

Later, MOD's of it were being used (Ubuntu (and 10x10^3 of it's versions), Knoppix, Gentoo, etc...).

But if it will make you feel better, i'll stop this, cuz my CPU is going to burst soon. (Yeah, it's crap)

<3 Dejan

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First time Linux got out, it was a standalone OS. And yes, you were able to just install Linux. Remember that lil' penguin? I never actually used it home, so I can't tell if they still use it. I just learned about it in both High School, and College.

Later, MOD's of it were being used (Ubuntu (and 10x10^3 of it's versions), Knoppix, Gentoo, etc...).

But if it will make you feel better, i'll stop this, cuz my CPU is going to burst soon. (Yeah, it's crap)

<3 Dejan

Gah, you have no idea what you are talking about.!

Originally there was the Linux Kernal. A Kernal is not an operating system. Users had to set up their own system based around the kernal.

Wikipedia said:
Before the first Linux distributions, a would-be Linux user was required to be something of a Unix expert, needing to know not only what libraries and executables were required to successfully get the system to boot and run, but also important details concerning configuration and placement of files in the system.

Then there came along the idea of distros, which included libraries and utilites and applications. These are stand alone operating systems that people designed to make life easier for others. Nobody knows which was first because there were a few released around the same time. MCC Interim Linux was made by the University of Manchester, and TAMU by Texas A&M University.

None of the distros are called 'Linux' that is the Kernal.

and Sorry about the fruit, you obviously have no clue when it comes to Linux so I was trying to relate it to something you could understand, but apparently that failed.

P.S. Everything I learned in High School Computer Science turned out to be wrong ;)

DeletedUser

Like I said, I'll drop it.
Won't argue with person that uses more wiki and google than it's brain.

<3

DeletedUser

This weeks desktop:

desktopoi.jpg

GURREN LAGANN

DeletedUser1446

Hi there...

I really like this game and i used a photo of it for my desktop...

hope you like it;)

unledpicture.png

DeletedUser

And would "VBA" be Visual Boy Advance?

OMG!!! And Creeper World, that is awesome :D

DeletedUser

VBA is awesome

and Creeper World is EPIC, i love killing the random Creepers :D

DeletedUser

I had to clear basically my whole desktop of rubbish of which my mum and sister save :/...
But here it is:

1738lz.png

I took the picture :s, Its not that good and was the first picture I ever took properly...