Smash Declares...Better!

DeletedUser

I would love to see your statistics for those two worlds.

Well one of the worlds is this world where I only started in last couple of weeks but already have a much higher rating for my ODA than points.

My other world is mentioned in my siggy where it says: Also seen on UK4 - shaneyboycian

Now go use TW stats or do you want me to spoon feed that to you as well?

DeletedUser

Well one of the worlds is this world where I only started in last couple of weeks but already have a much higher rating for my ODA than points.

My other world is mentioned in my siggy where it says: Also seen on UK4 - shaneyboycian

I'll tell you what. High ODA at your point stage isn't something to be proud of.
Regarding your Uk4 stats, it's a late game acc. - nobling internals, inactive players and barbs doesn't require much of an effort, so you really don't need a co.player for that. Tho' your first noble targets where quite a lot of barbs, so I can see where you are coming from :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you have high ODA during start-up, you're doing it wrong.

Now. As for stats. Tribe hopping = bad. Dropping ranks (you were top 10 at one point, now you're barely top 20) = bad. 88 internals (including overnobling) and 46 barbs = bad.

If you were a top 5 or even top 10 player, I would be slightly impressed (it is .uk). However, the fact that you are dropping ranks on a server, even with 80+ internals/barbs recently, and struggling to keep top 20, suggests to me that you are alright, but nothing special.

I can see why you didn't want to link me to TwStats on that account now. I wouldn't be majorly proud of that statistic either :p

DeletedUser

I was rank 2 without any internal:x

only 6 barbs player who started over before nobeling

DeletedUser

Mmm well me not co-playing and being at 145 in rank ( not that hard ) I think googly has some aspects is right.

First you do need to sacrifice alot of time it doesn't necessarily mean you have no life because i just got back from the beach with some friends ( it was fun by the way ) but i do lose some hours at sleep late at night farming or nobling.

I also completely understand how sometimes you hate to have another person play on your account that doesn't see eye to eye with. I mean me i personally distrust co-playing with the fact that when i get somebody to account sit me and I tell them to re-run my noble they don't do it at all! But again not all players are like that and googly's not saying you suck if you don't co-playing he's just saying to work at maximum efficiency 24/7 your gonna have to co-play!

DeletedUser

If you have high ODA during start-up, you're doing it wrong.

Now. As for stats. Tribe hopping = bad. Dropping ranks (you were top 10 at one point, now you're barely top 20) = bad. 88 internals (including overnobling) and 46 barbs = bad.

If you were a top 5 or even top 10 player, I would be slightly impressed (it is .uk). However, the fact that you are dropping ranks on a server, even with 80+ internals/barbs recently, and struggling to keep top 20, suggests to me that you are alright, but nothing special.

I can see why you didn't want to link me to TwStats on that account now. I wouldn't be majorly proud of that statistic either :p

I admit I have dropped down the rankings on UK4 in the last couple of months.

If I'm honest it is because life was particularly hectic with rugby matches to go to every weekend as we reached the business end of the season and RL commitments.

The rugby season finishes next weekend and RL has settled down somewhat in the last week or so and I hope to move up the rankings once again. Yes I have some barbs taken in the last week even (6 OF THEM) However these were players who deleted and had troops that still had to be cleared, also if you look where they are, deep in enemy territory which means players in that area have had to pull support back from the front lines to the villages around these barbs in case they get attacked. So sometimes for strategic purposes barbs are ok.

Also it is a church world and especially early game sometimes to make decent clusters in your CI you have to take a barb or two. I think my ODA proves though that I'm not a point whore, barb muncher.

I make no apologies for taking internals. These have to be done too. Yes in an ideal world there would be no need to but far better to have the villages in our tribes hands than the enemies.

Anyhow I don't care what you think of me really. I don't need your approval here. Ah yes - tribe hopping. It does look that way. However since you don't know the history of UK4, don't go presuming things. No one on the UK4 server has accused me of being a tribe hopper yet. In fact those that do know me would agree that I am fiercely loyal to my tribe and if I left a tribe it was for good reason or maybe what you see as tribe hopping could be mergers of tribes as well.

Explanation as follows:

None KnK 17th April 2010 - 01:39:58 - joined them when I started this world as I knew the duke from UK1 when I played there

KnK W4R. 30th April 2010 - 01:39:37 1,124 - KnK merged with W4R (not tribe hopping)

W4R. Vibe? 06th May 2010 - 19:10:19 2,113 - soon became apparent that W4R were a poorly led tribe and I was isolated from the main group so I approached a local tribe (Vibe?) and we soon became no.1 tribe on our continent

Vibe? END 21st July 2010 - 01:36:16 - after we merged Tweet! into us we agreed on a new name. Not tribe hopping

END W A R 18th August 2010 - 01:35:01 - END merged into W A R (again not tribe hopping)
W A R ~DBD~ 15th October 2010 - 18:33:29 - after the Duke disastrously led us into a war he quit and disbanded the tribe and we renamed it ~DBD~ (once again not tribe hopping)

~DBD~ Alone 18th October 2010 - 18:40:11 - I was given the task in ~DBD~ of brokering a truce with our enemies. Talks were going well till I got screwed over by the actions of the new duke and I resigned as diplomat and left tribe as I had been completely undermined. (technically tribe hopping although I felt I had no other choice but leave)

Alone xx 18th October 2010 - 21:41:01 1,055,137 - I was alone in my one man tribe for about three hours and then pretty much the remnants of END that were in ~DBD~ left en mass after me and we formed xx

xx WET 25th October 2010 - 15:45:03 _ It was always our intention when we formed the new tribe to enter negotiations with WET and get as many of our players into their tribe. This was done successfully and I remain a WET player till today.

So what looked like a load of tribe hopping actually turns out to be very little hopping in the end.

Anyway why I'm defending myself here for what I do on UK4 I dont know. However I have and you might flame me but I'm ok with that and will enjoy flaming you back. You make it too easy to do so.

DeletedUser

Oh dear it really fails when you don't look at the map and work out the position of your opponents.

It is AMAZING what little no morale does for smaller players.. you'll see :p
grow as fast as u like, with a 4k villa (currently) ur gonna need over a month to come up with a couple full D or a full O

We can't noble you we cat you simple as that :D

DeletedUser

It is AMAZING what little no morale does for smaller players.. you'll see :p
grow as fast as u like, with a 4k villa (currently) ur gonna need over a month to come up with a couple full D or a full O

We can't noble you we cat you simple as that :D

Oh dear. Not only can you not read a map but you cant read TW stats either. I don't have a 4K point villa. In fact I don't even have a 2K point villa. Oh the shame of it.

DeletedUser

Oh dear. Not only can you not read a map but you cant read TW stats either. I don't have a 4K point villa. In fact I don't even have a 2K point villa. Oh the shame of it.

i jst made my forum account.. how do you know who i am!!? :p

and you cunning *** is that your plan? stay small?

DeletedUser

If I'm honest it is because life was particularly hectic with rugby matches to go to every weekend as we reached the business end of the season and RL commitments.

With a coplayer, that would've been a lot easier :D.

DeletedUser

You have indeed. If you are unable to sustain a rank you obtain, and start slipping, it doesn't shout out "great player". It actually shouts out "struggles to keep an alright rank on a lacking-competition server".

Anyway why I'm defending myself here for what I do on UK4 I dont know. However I have and you might flame me but I'm ok with that and will enjoy flaming you back. You make it too easy to do so.

I'd best walk you through this. Please follow these easy to follow steps to know why you are defending yourself here.

1. You comment that you have a life and yet play solo on 2 worlds.
2. I comment on you barely being top 1000 ranks on one of these two worlds.
3. You get defensive and tell me to look for your UK4 stats.
4. I look for your UK4 stats, look through them and comment on them to point out that as a solo player you aren't doing well enough to provide any proof that solo playing competitively can beat co-playing, whilst allowing for people to have a life.
5. You seemingly take offense to me ripping in to you due to your unimpressive statistics in virtually every area, and so begin defending them.
6. You have arrived at where you are now!
So, now you know!

Do try to flame me all you like. To me, you have achieved two things. The first is highlighting your rather unimpressive statistics (in my view). The second is highlighting that a solo player who gets too busy in real life drops ranks, which is something that only reinforces the co-player benefit argument, which is what this discussion stemmed from in the first place. Thanks for helping strengthen my argument with your piss-poor statistics :p

DeletedUser

Who cares that he's dropping down the ranks. At least he has proven himself worthy whereas you guys flaming him off have actually shown nothing. All words, but nothing to back it up with. For all I care you could be less good than Munster or have no experience at all. So what right does that give you to speak?
I could give you a biography of my tw history (by mail, if I can be bothered setting one up) and trust me it will make your mouth fall to the ground. And with that in mind, I can honestly say I have the right to claim this whole world, and the players in it, sucks.

Now get back on topic trolls! This is not uk4, neither a testosterone market.

DeletedUser

Ummmmmm. Yeah. Not quoting all the nonsense.

Those which do not have coplayers, do not have friends or are too stubborn to realize the benefits of being able to step outside in the daylight and also maintain top rank.

DeletedUser

Whether to have co-players is a subjective assessment. It may be well possible for a non-coplayed account to become a topnotch player, and it is also possible for a co-played account to get nowhere. I've been through both situations. Been successful on my own, been on a rubbish mediocre account with two others. Why didn't it work out? Because one thinks the other will do the job, and eventually no one does it. Second reason may be the perfectionism of one contrasting with the sloppiness of the other. However, that is only part of the story, it could well be that a co-played account becomes better than a solo. When it comes down to accepting co-players or not there is no good and wrong decision.

Oh and .. subjective assessments = endless debates ;)

DeletedUser

Those which do not have coplayers, do not have friends or are too stubborn to realize the benefits of being able to step outside in the daylight and also maintain top rank.

Absolutely right oh wise one. Where can I pick up your snippets of wisdom as I wither away, this pasty white colour, friendless and unloved?

bs2.gif

DeletedUser188

Ummmmmm. Yeah. Not quoting all the nonsense.

i prefer slaves!

DeletedUser

I don't understand dual at all. Is it really so important to be in the top that you give away your identity, and then miss half of the gameplay?

Your voice and meaning counts in this game, and duals have no respect at all. At least not from me.

Everyone gets nobled in the end, no big deal, and after a while you get so sick of this stupid game anyway, you just give your account away to whoever wants it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't understand dual at all. Is it really so important to be in the top that you give away your identity, and then miss half of the gameplay?

Your voice and meaning counts in this game, and duals have no respect at all. At least not from me.

Everyone gets nobled in the end, no big deal, and after a while you get so sick of this stupid game anyway, you just give your account away to whoever wants it :)

Apparently that means you have no friends. LMAO