Speed World

DeletedUser

I am sorry if I'm not supposed to ask this, or anything, BUT:

How do you decide when to open speed server?
It would be awesome if .us servers got one. There doesn't have to be reward system, just a speed world to have fun on, or something like that.

<3 Dejan

DeletedUser

Ah 2 bad. But I think there are a lot of players on .us worlds.
And question "Who's better?" just keeps growing on .us worlds. This would kinda be a place where we could actually answer it. ;)
I guess we'll just have to wait for a speed world. :/ </3

DeletedUser

Speed world players generally aren't as good as normal world players, in my experience.
They are the players that can only last at this game for a week before quitting. Ingame in a normal world gives a much better idea of a player's ability, and whether or not they can be loyal to a tribe.

DeletedUser

Actually, skill is skill. Some are good for speed, some for normal, but you can't judge who's better like that. I mean, you can judge is one normal world player better than other normal world player, and same for speed. You can't judge is one speed player better than normal world player. :D LoL was that confusing?

Never mind, this is off topic. It would be good if they would create one, but I respect staff's decision, so if they say they are not able to create one yet, I'll have to agree with it. :)

DeletedUser

yeah we're all kinda bummed but you can always play speed on other servers :p

DeletedUser

Actually, skill is skill. Some are good for speed, some for normal, but you can't judge who's better like that. I mean, you can judge is one normal world player better than other normal world player, and same for speed. You can't judge is one speed player better than normal world player. :D LoL was that confusing?

Never mind, this is off topic. It would be good if they would create one, but I respect staff's decision, so if they say they are not able to create one yet, I'll have to agree with it. :)

What i love about speeds: the farming is "easier" It takes much more time on normal worlds, which is also why im not that good... im too lazy to farm 24/7, and i dont have the time:p I find the farming easier in speeds..

But the negative part about speeds, for me, is that i play a speed and in the middle of the speed my parents come to me and say, lets go for a walk... fml:p

DeletedUser

What i love about speeds: the farming is "easier" It takes much more time on normal worlds, which is also why im not that good... im too lazy to farm 24/7, and i dont have the time:p I find the farming easier in speeds..

But the negative part about speeds, for me, is that i play a speed and in the middle of the speed my parents come to me and say, lets go for a walk... fml:p

let's go for a walk

Nauzhror

Reaction score
If you have good timing, and a co-player.

No. Co-playing is entirely optional as well. Been rank 1 on 9 worlds when solo, worked while playing all of them. Went to school while playing 4-5 of them as well.If you can login for 5 minutes every two hours throughout the day when awake there's absolutely no need for a co-player or night sitter to farm while you sleep.

If anything I've often done worse on worlds where I've co-played than on those were I played solo wiuthout sitters due to the poor decision making skills of said co-players.

DeletedUser

No. Co-playing is entirely optional as well. Been rank 1 on 9 worlds when solo, worked while playing all of them. Went to school while playing 4-5 of them as well.If you can login for 5 minutes every two hours throughout the day when awake there's absolutely no need for a co-player or night sitter to farm while you sleep.

If anything I've often done worse on worlds where I've co-played than on those were I played solo wiuthout sitters due to the poor decision making skills of said co-players.

Well that i guess is also true.. But that is also why you are one of the better players and i am one of the not so good players:D

but 24/7 is not necessity, that is true. it was just a figure of speech:)

DeletedUser

It is optional, but I guess you were #1 until like 10-20k pts. Or less?
In my opinion above that is really hard to mantain farming and supply resource to all villages without night assist. But if you have a way, then I respect it. I did learn something from your tuts.

<3

DeletedUser

Ah 2 bad. But I think there are a lot of players on .us worlds.
And question "Who's better?" just keeps growing on .us worlds. This would kinda be a place where we could actually answer it. ;)
I guess we'll just have to wait for a speed world. :/ </3

My personal opinion, you will not find out who is better by playing speed world. As googly stated Most players who are good at speed are not good on normal worlds. Tho's are the players who are normally good at start up then quick before they get nobled :D

By any means tho i do like to play speed every now and then (like once every 4 or 5 months) But playing a normal world and seeing who can last is the best way to figure out whos "better" in my opinion.

~ One eye

DeletedUser

It is optional, but I guess you were #1 until like 10-20k pts. Or less?
In my opinion above that is really hard to mantain farming and supply resource to all villages without night assist. But if you have a way, then I respect it. I did learn something from your tuts.

<3

Likely less seeing how he normally quits very early world

Try reading rest of my posts,
ty :)

Dejan <3

I read all your post i still stand by what i said :p

Yes Speed still shows skill but i think it takes ten times more skill and Patients to do it on a normal world. You can do a speed world with the basic skills and the will to play only 6 - 8 hours and do very well. every speed world iv ever played i finished top 10 but one of them. Its really not that hard.

But other players may feel differently and tho's players who do normally only do good early world like nauz, then quit or sucks late world (not saying nauz sucks late world as he is a good player over all just has a quiting habit :D)

One eye Willy

DeletedUser

But other players may feel differently and tho's players who do normally only do good early world like nauz, then quit or sucks late world (not saying nauz sucks late world as he is a good player over all just has a quiting habit :D)

One eye Willy

A few of us did start-up so much we got bored of it and quit for that reason :p
I find that, although I usually do relatively well during start-up, the only reasons I personally generally quit worlds early on is due to the tribe I'm in, a bad start-up compared to how I know I can perform, or just dislike the settings.

I wouldn't say start-up players normally suck late world or quit early - although the most egotistical start-up players almost always quit before 100k points, generally earlier, that is just a small handful of those who do good early world. And equally, some people (I've seen this for a fact), can play a late game world and win it (thinking Rednecks/Red Swimmer) AND be able to outclass a huge number of people on a popular world during startup.

Just as an example, as I dislike being thought of as a sucky late game player (some people label me as that for some reason) just because I am generally seen to be a startup player and thus MUST be a bad late game player :p

DeletedUser

My personal opinion, you will not find out who is better by playing speed world. As googly stated Most players who are good at speed are not good on normal worlds. Tho's are the players who are normally good at start up then quick before they get nobled :D

By any means tho i do like to play speed every now and then (like once every 4 or 5 months) But playing a normal world and seeing who can last is the best way to figure out whos "better" in my opinion.

~ One eye

While that holds truth, many of the best players only thrive periodically before they get bored and lazy. Slow worlds show who is more consistent and determined rather than who is better in most cases. You don't win speed rounds by accident. There have been players that became rank 1 by accident or even by just internalling their own players (this has happened with the same person on 3 worlds now).

So to argue that speed or slow worlds (or even HP rounds) are a better indicator of player skill is pretty flawed.

Again though, your statements hold truth, and that can be the case, and may even be the case in the majority of situations, but it is in no way the case every time