The Shadow Brigade Mess (In Character)

DeletedUser

Leaving the head for last Jondoe begins to son as he cradles the head.

"Oh dear lermdig forgive me for this, my lord please! I will avenge you!"

Jondoe runs from the fire place with lermdigs head all the while crying.

DeletedUser

*While exploring the weapons racks by the dueling pits notices something shiny under some shields. Looks closer to discover the tip of a crossbow quarrel sticking out of a full quiver*

Odd that this would be here hidden. No one duels with a crossbow.

*Puts the quiver into a large urn in a nearby alcove and places the lid on top*

I will wait to see who lurks down here looking for these quarrels.

DeletedUser

After Kinxers vague answer, I ponder his response while walking in the library. I look at the many book and decide to read one of them. Grabbing a book from one of the many shelves, I sit down in one of the lobby chairs and start to read, mumbling the words as I go along.

"Once upon... As he grabb... Did not see what was..." Etc.

DeletedUser

And so night settled in. The mood was cumbersome, but it didn't last.

Fili was the first to point out something was wrong. "There's a killer among us and we're just lazing about! We need to take action!" He snapped at the crowd. "And I believe Jondoe is the murderer." Duel argued back, claiming it was Kbowling. Mat considered this, and seconded Fili, but Kbowling out of suspicion pointed to Mat. Knixer considered the accusations, and thirded the motion of lynching Jondoe, and Dragon seconded the motion against Mat. Jondoe had been quiet, then pointed to Mat as well. Overlord then spoke up, breaking the tie, putting his vote against Jondoe as well.

The group turned on Jondoe, who backed up uneasily, then drew his blade "Alright fine! It was me you worthless welts! Who dares to have the strength to try to kill me? None of you stand a chance, just like Lermdig didn't" He held the head of Lermdig up in victory. The entire group in a blind rage of disgust and hatred jumped Jondoe, he didn't have a chance. He was disarmed, pinned down, and beat unconscious. Mat then stood up and raised his fist in victory before throwing Jondoe in the fire he burned Lermdig's body in, and slammed the gate shut. Jondoe woke up instantly and cried in agony at first, then began laughing, more and more hoarsely as his vocal cords cooked, until finally he became silent. One killer was dead, the group was at ease, and returned to their rooms for the night.

But, not all were asleep. Knixer had discovered the items in his room had been messed with, and shortly after discovered a crossbow had been placed in his room. He examined it, and decided to save it for later, it might come in handy.

The veteran fighter was also unable to sleep, as he was on the hunt. He tracked his prey through the empty halls. He soon found Dragon, but that wasn't his target, his target was following Dragon, but he didn't realize his target was in fact a paladin. He made his move, but the Paladin was quick, and heard the veteran fighter coming, he overtook his opponent and pinned him down. "I'm going to give you one chance to repent, you're a skilled soldier like me, work with me, or I'll kill you where you lie." The veteran fighter had to think, but only for a second "Reveal who you are, and I will reveal who I am, and we can work on bringing down the shadow brigade scum together." The paladin and veteran fighter have joined forces.

At just after midnight, the Crazed Nobleman decided he'd had enough of Overlord, he had betrayed his ruler for the last time. The Nobleman sneaked into Overlord's room while he was asleep, and by the time Overlord realized someone was there, the Nobleman had begun stabbing Overlord, over and over. 50 times he had sinned, 50 times he would be stabbed. Overlord couldn't even cry out in pain. Overlord had been a simple villager, troubled, but no threat, but the Nobleman would never understand that.

The last victim came just before sunrise. The fire had been just barely smoldering, but just enough to burn someone's flesh away, and that's exactly what it did. The shadow brigade had knocked Mat out cold, and threw him in the fire place. His cries of agony woke everyone up, but they arrived only in time to watch as a small amount of oil was knocked over by Mat, and ignited him. It took twice as long for Mat's cries to end as it did Jondoe's, this was a message to the group. After this, they noticed Lermdigs head on a pike in the center of the grand hall. There was a note on the pike as well. Fili was the brave soul to read it. "Good morning everyone, it was a real shame you had to go kill Jondoe last night, he was a good friend of mine. Let this be a message to you, we're always watching, and we'll make any death you cause twice as painful when we kill you. I do hope you enjoy the breakfast set out in the mess hall, and should you let any of it go to waste I'll make sure you suffer. Have a good day."

The shadow brigade wasn't through yet, that was for sure.

DeletedUser4232

"What madness is this? Who is it among us who would do such a horrible thing while we sleep?" Looking around at those gathered, I begin to smell a rat. Remembering who had been where, my suspicions grow. Not willing to share my thoughts with anyone at this time, though, I get to work finding out who is who.

"I am going to do some investigating of my own. There may be some clues hidden in these walls as to who is responsible for these attacks. I warn each of you not to follow me. Repercutions will be fierce and swift."

I back out of the room, heading for answers.

DeletedUser1180

"What happened with respect?" I look around the room to see if the faces show more on how they realy feel.
"I will have something to eat and drink. Hope that will clear the fool stench from the burnings from my nose."

I leave the room and hear more footsteps following me.

DeletedUser

Looking at the message, Kinxer clenches his fists and teeth for a few seconds, then he looks at the people standing around him.

Mat did not deserve to die. I tried to save him from being killed by you lot- he gestures towards Kbowling and Dragon- but someone decided that he was to die anyway. And might I remind you that it was Jondoe who killed Lermdig? I promise you, whomever it was who killed Mat, that I WILL see you dead. Now, as much as I hate to gratify this "Shadow Brigade," I am hungry. I'm going to eat breakfast. Search your souls.

Kinxer stalks off to the mess hall.

OOC: I am assuming we don't know that Overlord is dead yet nor that Mat was the BMM.

DeletedUser

"I feel like I haven't seen someone since the murders started..." " Where has Grayso been...?"

DeletedUser

"I think Grayso has been sleeping. Hopefully he shows up soon."
"I haven't seen Overlord either, does anyone know where he is?"

Joins Yanna and kinxer in the mess hall.

OOC: If you don't show up and vote Lermdigs ghost will kill you off. Brutally.

DeletedUser

OOC note: when someone dies, unless a role had the ability to cover up their identity, you find out who they were, you also know when someone is dead, because they don't come around to see the SB victim.

DeletedUser4232

Mulling over the nights events, I am troubled to see that no one is looking for Overlord. Tribal noticed that he was not with us, but no one seems to have seen him. When I go looking for him, I find his stabbed body. Poor guy never had a chance. Knowing that there is nothing to do with his body for now, I cover him up, affording him atleast that much dignity. Searching his room, I find something. Maybe this is a clue to who did this. Leaving the room, I head towards the library. Maybe there will be something there I can use.

DeletedUser1180

After a good meal in the mess hall I went to practice near the dualling pits. I was alone. About half an hour later I fell like I had to throw up. I looked around and saw urns - went to the one most near lift the top... closed it and went to the next to empty my stomage in that one - which was empty till than. It had been years since I had this feeling in my stomage and wondered if it had been the soup or the casoulet that would have contained the ingredient that always made me sick.
I went back to the other urn to check if I had indeed seen what I thought it was. It was: a crossbow of a rare quality. Usually only recognized by those familair to them. I took it out of the urn, loaded an arrow and aimed at the end of one of the large beams on the ceiling at the other side of the large room. The arrow left the bow at high speed and landed higher than I had expected it to land. I thougth I heard talking outside coming closer so quickly hid the crossbow in the urn again.

I left the room on the opposite site and went to my room to freshen up.
I kept wondering who would have hidden the crossbow and why.

DeletedUser

After eating and letting his food digest somewhat, Kinxer decides to work out some of his tension, so he goes down to the dueling areas. He sees Yanna there, seemingly caught up in his own musings, but Kinxer ignores him and goes over to the weapons rack. He picks out a sword, takes a vacant area and starts doing some sword exercises. After doing this for a while, he wipes the sweat from the grip with his tunic and replaces it. Feeling much better, he goes to the library to look for clues into Mat's death.

DeletedUser

Hiding in a dark shadow by the weapons rack I observe Yanna's and Kinxer's actions. Aside from the sick in the urn nothing seems too unusual. Heading up to the library...

"Kinxer find anything interesting to read?"

DeletedUser

As Fili walks in, Kinxer is reading a book entitled On The Shadow Brigade. In answer to the question, he puts the book down and picks up another from a pile nearby and proceeds to toss it at Fili.

You ought to find that one interesting.

DeletedUser

It once again came to the night time. Everyone was on edge, but this was to be expected. A killer was still on the loose. All of a sudden the room was divided, half pointing at Grayso, half at Filiu. It was then that one more person spoke up and called out for blood, From Filiu. The group attacked Filiu, beating him, and in the fray, someone put a dagger through his heart. With his last breath, Filiu dropped a blade, but this wasn't any ordinary blade. Only a veteran could wield a blade with a near 180 degree curve. It was obvious, Filiu was a veteran fighter, and that the group hadn't improved their chances of surviving tonight.

Later in the night, the Paladin was wandering the halls, he was unsettled. The recent deaths, he was meant to be the protector, the holy knight, the protector of peace, so why couldn't he stop this? That's when he realized he was being followed. He turned and drew his sword just as the Crazed Nobleman stepped into the light, holding his own dagger. Instantly realizing his mistake, the Nobleman turned and ran, disappearing into the night.

Later that night Bullwinkle left his quarters for a breath of air, and a bite to eat. However, he didn't make it half way to the mess hall before he was ambushed and executed in a single swift move. Not a sound was made as Bullwinkle fell, and his attacked vanished. Later that morning it would be discovered that Bullwinkle was in fact a Scout.

No one died to the shadow brigade that night, this was an uneasy event, and there was sure to be a reason for it.

DeletedUser1180

"The rate people are dying here makes it a very unhealthy environment. The stench of death is in several rooms now. And as we have no place to burry the bodies I propose we burn them in the big fireplace. With respect and not in litle pieces. Who will help me carry the remains of deceased?"

DeletedUser4232

"As barbarish as it seems, it may be the only thing to do. We are not getting out anytime soon it looks like. The storm is intensifying."

DeletedUser

"I'll help you. It's unpleasant, but we have to do it."

Duel walks out into the hallway beyond the mess hall, finds Bullwinkle and carries him back to the fireplace. Next she goes upstairs and brings Overlord down from his bedroom.

DeletedUser1180

The remains of Fili also are brought to the fireplace. The fireplace is filled and the wood made the bodies burn fast in an impressive fire - the sight of it made me think of Viking-burrials.

"What shall we do with Lermdigs head?"