Timed Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ermmm... firstly, the limit was 5,000 people. Secondly, half of those don't play, and just join and stay at 26 pts, and die. So..... only the top players actually use premium.

Your information is quite poor.

On W39, I led a rank 1 tribe for a few months. The entire tribe had 2 top 20 players (myself and homcgra). We used premium. The other 50 members all used premium with about 2 exceptions. Including a few who were around 40,000 when we hit 1 million.
So saying "only the top players actually use premium" is a load of horse manure. If you have played a .net world before, you would know that a huge amount of players, particularly those who get past 10 villages, prefer to use premium. And you can get worlds where 500+ people hit 1million points. Do you seriously think out of those, only the top players (let's say top 100) would use premium? They could wipe out the others without any effort at all...

You don't need to reply to every single comment, seriously. It is annoying having to correct your posts every time you say something which is factually complete incorrect.

DeletedUser

Your information is quite poor.

On W39, I led a rank 1 tribe for a few months. The entire tribe had 2 top 20 players (myself and homcgra). We used premium. The other 50 members all used premium with about 2 exceptions. Including a few who were around 40,000 when we hit 1 million.
So saying "only the top players actually use premium" is a load of horse manure. If you have played a .net world before, you would know that a huge amount of players, particularly those who get past 10 villages, prefer to use premium. And you can get worlds where 500+ people hit 1million points. Do you seriously think out of those, only the top players (let's say top 100) would use premium? They could wipe out the others without any effort at all...

You don't need to reply to every single comment, seriously. It is annoying having to correct your posts every time you say something which is factually complete incorrect.

W39 is W39. HP is HP. That's all I'm going to say.

DeletedUser

Because it will cost them a certain amount to run another world, and if it isn't as long, they won't get so much money out of each user paying premium.

Say 1000 accounts play a world for 2 years, and out of those 800 accounts have premium the entire time. That is 24 months time 200 premium (about $5 a month?). So $120 over 2 years they make from each account, times 800 accounts is $96,000.

If it is a 3 month world, the same amount of of accounts buying premium would make them $12,000. Which is a hell of a lot less than they would make for a single world that is a lot longer.

You have to remember that Innogames is a primarily a business-based company. They need to make choices that get them as much profit as possible.

yes they will make 12K, but they only spend 3 months supporting that on their harddrive/servers... so costs should be less... they can make a new round soon after to make another 12K... however, many people like the speed/hp rounds better, so it is a chance to attract other players to .us...

first and foremost they need to get this server up and running successfully before trying to make profit when few people play here...

DeletedUser

yes they will make 12K, but they only spend 3 months supporting that on their harddrive/servers... so costs should be less... they can make a new round soon after to make another 12K... however, many people like the speed/hp rounds better, so it is a chance to attract other players to .us...

first and foremost they need to get this server up and running successfully before trying to make profit when few people play here...

Why would people come here for an HP or speed round, when there are good ones on .net with lots of people playing? The options would be playing on a big server, or playing here where about 40-50 people would notice there even is a speed/HP round (you have to remember that people are most likely to notice these via the public forums). These is little to no point of creating short worlds when barely anybody would play.

Costwise, you have to bear in mind that innogames pays money for people to make the game in the first place. Keeping the game functioning is probably not as expensive as actually making each world. You would have to ask the CM if you want to know about any of the money side of this I guess, or contact Nino.

But yeah, just don't expect a speed round or a short round in the near future here.

DeletedUser

lol but speed would be easier here- could be a way of getting .NET average players who wanna do better ranking-wise!!! =P

I see your point though... and I would think the memory of a world as it gets bigger would be harder/more expensive, cuz when you startup its probably same basic format as previous worlds, and not as much memory space- less villages, less players, less attacks going back and forth, etc. etc.

Anyways, you are right, I dont really feel the need for speed rounds here anyways... although it would be interesting to have a speed round with 50 people playing it :p

DeletedUser

Currently the Tribalwas.us server does not have the population and staff to host a speed round. Once we have 4-5 worlds we can come back to this issue. However it is my goal to achieve this in the future, and it would be a great event for the community.

DeletedUser

Wow what a shocker... he says exactly what iv been saying... Glow stick......

DeletedUser

Currently the Tribalwas.us server does not have the population and staff to host a speed round. Once we have 4-5 worlds we can come back to this issue. However it is my goal to achieve this in the future, and it would be a great event for the community.

That wasn't the request...

Population doesn't matter, we have like more than .uk. :D
Staff doesn't matter either, I know a lot of people who MIGHT want to be a speed-leader, but they need to be qualified. :p
And..... I hope we achieve this too. :)

DeletedUser

That wasn't the request...

Population doesn't matter, we have like more than .uk. :D
Staff doesn't matter either, I know a lot of people who MIGHT want to be a speed-leader, but they need to be qualified. :p
And..... I hope we achieve this too. :)

Population does matter, stop saying it doesn't because you're wrong.

Staff does matter. We can't run a world without staff that can run it, and just because you know people doesn't mean they are qualified or capable of modding a HP/Speed world.

OFLOW said no, that means no. It's like you're a 16 year old that wants a car and everyone tells you that you aren't going to get one then your parents say no and you keep on trying to fight for it.

DeletedUser

It's like you're a 16 year old that wants a car and everyone tells you that you aren't going to get one then your parents say no and you keep on trying to fight for it.

that would be me

DeletedUser

Population does matter, stop saying it doesn't because you're wrong.

Staff does matter. We can't run a world without staff that can run it, and just because you know people doesn't mean they are qualified or capable of modding a HP/Speed world.

OFLOW said no, that means no. It's like you're a 16 year old that wants a car and everyone tells you that you aren't going to get one then your parents say no and you keep on trying to fight for it.

Time to restate my words:

Population matters, but not as much in our scenario, because we have not-that-far from .uk and we have enough people I know to properly play.
Staff? I know people who are qualified who could run this speed round if we made it.
OFLOW said no to speed, and I am asking for a timed world that is regular speed. -.- And how would you know who I am?

DeletedUser

Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment, now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through some comments writing the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back to mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

DeletedUser

Time to restate my words:

Population matters, but not as much in our scenario, because we have not-that-far from .uk and we have enough people I know to properly play.
Staff? I know people who are qualified who could run this speed round if we made it.
OFLOW said no to speed, and I am asking for a timed world that is regular speed. -.- And how would you know who I am?

Again, just because you say they are qualified doesn't mean they are; thats up to OFLOW.

A timed world at regular speed would be pointless. They time speed and HP rounds because they have a higher speed than normal worlds.

Lastly, I said its like you're a 16 year old wanting to get a car. I never said that you are, just said you're acting like one.

DeletedUser

Again, just because you say they are qualified doesn't mean they are; thats up to OFLOW.

A timed world at regular speed would be pointless. They time speed and HP rounds because they have a higher speed than normal worlds.

Lastly, I said its like you're a 16 year old wanting to get a car. I never said that you are, just said you're acting like one.

What if I know they are qualified. |-(
Timed world at regular speed would NOT be pointless. People don't play 2yr worlds for a reason.
No-comment.

DeletedUser

Doesnt matter how qualified the people you know are (which if they are anything like you we'd be screwed anyways)

They have to apply and wait for approval which takes time then they have to decide which staff members will do the speed world which would take time then they have to set one up and figure out what settings for it which would take time. So the end result would probably take a couple of months. In a couple of months we will be closer to world 4 or 5 anyways which is the worlds OFLOW put up above so i dont see the point in your arguing.

As to your statement for people dont play 2 year worlds for a reason thats not true some people like myself enjoy longer worlds more then speed/hp worlds. I enjoy getting to know people for several months and becoming good friends would never happen on speed unless you had the same people join over and over and over and over again....

Anyways Stick Glow or what ever OFLOW has spoken so no point in arguing against it.

DeletedUser

Pretty sure the first three worlds has to get approved by inno games which could take a while.

DeletedUser

ahhh, and the rest don't have to be?
would speed worlds take just as long to make? does each have to be approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.