TribeMate of the Year ~ Discussion.

DeletedUser

I will be curious to see how this turns out. Many players have taken over accounts that were not theirs. I might suggest to the community that nominations are focused on players with their original accounts. Some of you will have an issue with this, no doubt. Before anyone asks....yes I delete my account when I leave a world. I have never passed on my account for anyone else to play. My theory....if you are not good enough to build your own account than why should I let you play mine? Not to mention, it undermines the integrity of the game and prolongs dead worlds. Just my humble opinion...flame away :)

DeletedUser2069

Take out accounts that are co played as well then too cause one of the co players sucks but the other one is awesome type thing comes to play

DeletedUser329

This is not about accounts, it is about PLAYERS . It is not about coplaying or taking over account. It is about crediting those who are worthy to be credited. Coplaying and switching accounts does not effect the impact you can have on a tribe.
Some people may not like it but I do not think it is a significant enough reason to exempt a player from being TribeMate of The Year.

<3

DeletedUser

Can you nominate somebody outside of your tribe? I know for sure that Aleeex works his back off for his tribe...

DeletedUser1446

Well since the name is TRIBEmate unless you have played with him in the same tribe before i guess not!

I like this competition but this will hurt my feelings. I like so many of "my" guys!

DeletedUser329

You can't nominate yourself, can you?

No lol.

Can you nominate somebody outside of your tribe? I know for sure that Aleeex works his back off for his tribe...

Yes but you need to have a valid reason for recommending them. Not just hearsay. They must have worked with you in some way that has effected your game play. For example an ally or PA.

<3

DeletedUser1180

This is not about accounts, it is about PLAYERS . It is not about coplaying or taking over account. It is about crediting those who are worthy to be credited. Coplaying and switching accounts does not effect the impact you can have on a tribe.
Some people may not like it but I do not think it is a significant enough reason to exempt a player from being TribeMate of The Year.

<3

Some people do have impact, no matter what account they are on. Only won't be easy to find out if players from different worlds nominate the same player under different names. Will not be easy to measure who is the best. Wonder who will have the best 'campaign'.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2069

Well I refuse to nominate anyone in my tribe because its not fair to the others. Not because nobody in my tribe doesnt deserve it but because everyone of the people that would be in contention for a nomination all deserve it. I can not say one person deserves it more then another because without the other people doing their part in the tribe then nobody would be worthy of it. Yes I am making a fuss over a friendly competition and ruining the idea of it but I cant see giving one person in my tribe more credit then the rest that deserve the credit just as much.

DeletedUser

Well I refuse to nominate anyone in my tribe because its not fair to the others. Not because nobody in my tribe doesnt deserve it but because everyone of the people that would be in contention for a nomination all deserve it. I can not say one person deserves it more then another because without the other people doing their part in the tribe then nobody would be worthy of it. Yes I am making a fuss over a friendly competition and ruining the idea of it but I cant see giving one person in my tribe more credit then the rest that deserve the credit just as much.

I understand what you are saying here osp. I however have a different view on it. In every tribe there are those who look after others and those who are looked after. It is a natural process for people to follow the players whom they feel comfortable with. I for one hope my tribe mates embrace the idea of this thread and openly state the players they have worked so hard with. You are very correct in the statement that we all deserve it as well as the next, but this is a good chance for players thank those they wish too. My tribe mates egos are too big for something like this to even bother them:D I myself have players whom I want to praise. We all know what we did to make our tribe succeed, why not make someone feel good for working to help others so much.

Best of luck to the tribal wars community of .us;]...

DeletedUser329

Now what would happen if someone nominated a staff member?

They would be exempt from voting, as are any staff members who also nominate someone else. Any exempt staff members will be replaced by staff from other servers who will vote in their place.

<3

DeletedUser

I thought I would return for this comp especially. I have read OSP comments and agree in someway, however this is about tribe mates from the start of the .us server, and therefore, many people have the right to it. So as one I would of picked out is SmashNasty although he is mod and can not be used as a nominee in this, he has been a great friend, helped put time into the .us community, he took in noobs and helped them learn the game from basics, to intermediate to advanced and was soon on there way. This is an example of why I would have choses him.

Like I said, he is not my chosen one(s) due to him being mod.

MM

DeletedUser

I do like the nomination for the smashnasty; however, I would think that one of the most crucial parts of being tribemate of the year would be "being around" and that has been something of a problem for the smashnasty on all the .US worlds he has played on and therefore I would never actually vote for him. Otherwise I do think I think he is good nomination.

~Jbird152

DeletedUser

Jbird, he has not been around recently, but for my first few months on my first world, he was there helping me. Your beginning experience is the most crucial and for that I have nominated him.

I'll go as far as saying I may have quit this game just after starting if not for him. Now, whether or not that is a good or bad thing, ... :p

DeletedUser

I'm fairly sure Jbird is talking about me on W1, not about Matt. But I'm not sure.