TUTORIAL: Way to start

• Thread starter DeletedUser2444
  • Start date

DeletedUser2444

Hi everyone.

As you know I´m not American and I need help to write this tutorial. If someone correct my work. - Done by u6s5l.

For this I ask the support to change this topic to put without any errors! - Request fulfilled.

Thank you!

------//------

This gameplay style should be used by a person with a lot of time, or one with co-player(s). Build in this order:

1. Statue

2. Timber, Clay, Iron lvl1

3. Village Headquarters to lvl3

4. Barracks

5. Warehouse 2 -> market 1. Put an offer on the market for your iron, to save it for light cavalry.

6. Build 65 spear fighters. Attack one village with 35 spears and the other with 30+paladin, if they're clear.

7. When the warehouse of one of your farms fills up, build 103 spear fighters and attack like this: 34+34+34+paladin (which leaves the farm's warehouse with almost nothing).
When you scout a farm and the resources are almost empty, attack like this:
Make sure to have a smithy, create 20 swordsman and attack with 10 spearman+2 swordsman as needed.

8. HQ->10 Barracks->5 Smithy->5

9. Stable->3

10. Research Scout and Light Cavalry.

11. Build 10 Scouts and create as many light cavalry as you can
Attack the barbarian villages with 1 light cavalry and a scout to see how many resources there are in the village, and keep increasing the number of light cavalry in the meantime.
Keep checking the number of resources of the village to see how many light cavalry you need to attack.

12. During the last day of the beginner protection, create 200-300 axe units to clean your neighbors.

13. Now, you're on your own. You can do many things...rush an academy, build up your village, create resources through building your mines (something I don´t like)...

P.S: Be sure to upgrade warehouse and farm as you need.
When your stable is at lvl 5/6 and your barracks are at lvl 7/8, build the workshop to create rams.
When your stable is at lvl 14/16 and your barracks at lvl 18/20 it's time to build your noble.
Remember:
Your stable and your barracks should be working 24 hours a day.

P.P.S: Don´t lose troops in the beginning. It will put you in a bad position.

P.P.P.S: When you aren't online, do a "night dodge". That means for you to send your troops far away by attacking a village that's far away from you when you're not online, so the troops can't be killed.

Have a nice game!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2444

Thank very much for your work!

I think the mistake was mine. I say "farm" as a village without troops but with resources...

But there are some errors in your correction:

When the warehouse of a farm fills up, build 103 spear fighters and attack like this: 34+34+34+paladin (which leaves the farm's warehouse with almost nothing).
When you scout a farm and the resources are almost empty, attack like this:
Make sure to have a smithy, create 20 swordsman and attack with 10 spearman+2 swordsman as needed.

If the attacks are going fulls of resources creat 103 spear fighters and attack like this: 34+34+34+paladin (attack with that when the village is almost without resources).
If the attacks are always empty, attack like this:
... the same.

Attack the barbarian villages with 1 light cavalry and a scout to see how many resources there are in the village. After you have checked, attack with more light cavalry.

Attack the barbarian villages with 1 L.C. and 1 Scout, to sse how many resources there are in the village and keep increasing the number of L.C.
Keep checking the number of resources of the village to see how many L.C. you need to attack.

P.P.P.S: When you aren't by a couple of your friends in the game P.P.P.S: When you aren't by a couple of your friends in the game put your troops far away attacking a village far away from you when you're not online..

When you aren´t at the game do "night dodge": put your troops far away attacking a village far away from you when you're not online.

Thank you!

DeletedUser2444

Thank you. I hope that this can help some fresh players ;)

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Iron should come after statue on a paladin world, and clay should be first on a classic world.

Timber should never be the first mine built.

1/1/1 mines and then barracks is asking for trouble as well. Even in an amazing area it's generally a very poor idea. I'd never go less than 4/2/1 before barracks.

Specifically:

Statue
Iron 1
Clay 1
Wood 1
Clay 2
Wood 2
Wood 3
Wood 4

Getting warehouse 2 and market should be done when iron gets dangerously close to overflowing iron or clay (generally iron unless you have some super clay-heavy farms), certainly not before making any spears as is stated here.

Also better to make swords (on simple-tech and 15-tech) or axes (on 10-tech) and use them to split spears up into far smaller groups than you are recommending. Groups of 35 spears are not going to consistently get anything resembling full hauls unless you've started on the rim where there are both less active farmers and higher mine levels in your farms.

DeletedUser2444

Nauzhror,
if you got a calculator and you can see if you have a lot of time to be in a computer, you will see mines aren´t a good way do start.

If you don´t have time, yes built mines, but if you have timevand a co-player, this way to start are a very good one.

If you play a speed server you understand what I´m saying.

DeletedUser188

Nauzhror,
if you got a calculator and you can see if you have a lot of time to be in a computer, you will see mines aren´t a good way do start.

If you don´t have time, yes built mines, but if you have timevand a co-player, this way to start are a very good one.

i have played worlds where i started with mines 11/6/2 or/10/5/1 and i reached top 3 after 2 days, and i was first to lc, just because of my mines

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Nauzhror,

No.

I've done a lot more calculating than you have in regards to startup - guaranteed.

I've also been rank 1 on more worlds at startup than any other player I have ever met.

1/1/1 mines is not going to cut it for 99.9% of areas.

DeletedUser

100% agreed with Nauz on this.

Speed servers are different from normal worlds as well - so you should make it clear if you mean this to be a normal world or a speed world guide.

DeletedUser2444

100% agreed with Nauz on this.

Speed servers are different from normal worlds as well - so you should make it clear if you mean this to be a normal world or a speed world guide.

For an offensive player that is the best start.

In a normal world when starts the first conquer you can conquer a village with more points than your village. Per day, you can get 1Mio. of resources only by barbarian and players villages.

DeletedUser1093

Arguing with Nauzh on TW calculations... lol...

That's all I have to say about that.

DeletedUser

That is called: "speed players". This a tutorial of speed players.

In .net the top10 players use this system to start the game. They usually starts later for in their map has weak players and better barbarian villages.

That´s all.

Good tutorial of course.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
In .net the top10 players use this system to start the game.

No they don't.

Every well known .net speed player worth their salt agrees that mines are more important on speed than on slow worlds due to lower potential farming efficiency.

DeletedUser

And we are talking about normal worlds... not speed world! :O

Nauzhror

Reaction score
And we are talking about normal worlds... not speed world! :O

In that case you're even more wrong when claiming this is how top players on .net start.

I've been rank 1 on .net worlds more times than anyone, and this supposedly great way to startup is awful, and no one I know that is classified as one of .net's "top" players would disagree with that assessment.

DeletedUser

Please don't write guides if you are not experienced enough. And agree with Nauz, or stop living.

You should go 4 2 1 mines before anything, or something close to that. Everyone knows that.

12. During the last day of the beginner protection, create 200-300 axe units to clean your neighbors.

You don't need Axes before you get at least 100ish lc

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Please don't write guides if you are not experienced enough. And agree with Nauz, or stop living.

You should go 4 2 1 mines before anything, or something close to that. Everyone knows that.

You don't need Axes before you get at least 100ish lc

Depends on farming a bit as to how many lc I'd say, but all in all, yeah lc > axes.

Goofing around on the rim of us4 right now, have 93 axes and 70 lc, but had lc researched before axes were. also have ~35 scouts though which could potentially be more lc, but with the fake limit I need 5 scouts to scout players so need to make more than usual.

DeletedUser

Pits should always start with clay, As Clay is drained faster when building pits.

DeletedUser

At least in regards to level 1 iron should be first on pally worlds due to the high iron cost of the statue.

:confused: awards I believe change that now. Or they did before the new system idk what the new system is all that well.