.US servers vs. .Net and others

DeletedUser

World 6 is my first .US world to play on, I played on a few .net worlds (12, 26, 27), generally what are the differences between .US servers and .Net and others? How does the competition in this world specifically stack up to other worlds?

DeletedUser

.us worlds are, if not already apparent, significantly smaller. With the added resource and other bonuses that people can buy, you'll see some players shoot out of the gate, but not necessarily stay a top player.

.us is generally less competitive than .NET, although it depends on what people are playing that world and who you are near. There are many very competitive players, but every world has that section where you can survive playing lackadaisically.

DeletedUser

World 6 is my first .US world to play on, I played on a few .net worlds (12, 26, 27), generally what are the differences between .US servers and .Net and others? How does the competition in this world specifically stack up to other worlds?

.us Worlds are considerably smaller. There is less talent than on a premade heavy .net world, but the talent is also more packed in so there's a trade off there.

Other than that, .us just has an inactive forum in comparison to .net

DeletedUser

The biggest difference to me is the overall talent on .net worlds versus .us.

On .us, there are either good, experienced players and tribes or terrible players and tribes. There isn't really an in between. There are good premades and mass recruit tribes. In mid to late game, the top 20 is made of the premades and the mass recruit tribes that just kick their inactive, low pointed players to replace with other people with points. Skill isn't really a requirement. Most good players are ridiculously cocky and won't admit that players have some ability but don't have skills as honed, but it's true.

On .net, though, there is a much bigger middle ground between the 2 ends. Obviously most tribes are still terrible mass recruit ones but some are made of not as active but skilled players or active but not as skilled players. These at least have some success.

That is the biggest thing I like about .net versus .us. But still, USA all the way :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thats about what i thought, any ideas on how this world will stack up in terms of talent?

DeletedUser

It has alot of talented players but this world is being destroyed by these new pp benfits :(. I've played all the US worlds except US1 from start up and I think this is the most abused world by a long run.

DeletedUser

well, hopefully the more talented players take care of the better funded players

DeletedUser

You know, only 2 people have obviously abused PP on this world. Time will level out the talent vs. PP graph. I don't think 2 players can "ruin" a world, per say.

DeletedUser

Leading is more difficult on .us and picking the right tribe is more important due less players per world. Playing is less competitive though

DeletedUser

You know, only 2 people have obviously abused PP on this world. Time will level out the talent vs. PP graph. I don't think 2 players can "ruin" a world, per say.

But when a tribe invites them and makes everyone who hates the pp abuser hate said tribe.... *cough cough*

DeletedUser

He may have heavily used the premium features to get to the point he is at, but he is a real nice guy and has been eager to learn the game.

DeletedUser

If you say so. Haven't really heard him around the forums, so I wouldn't know. :rolleyes:

Just saying, it might make some other people on the world upset.

DeletedUser

Just saying, it might make some other people on the world upset.
Including you :p

I completely understand where you and others are coming from. But now that a major problem of it is fixed...

Can we all stop complaining and talking about this on every thread?

DeletedUser

all I'm saying is, it might not be the best move. But I'm not gonna quit the game or the tribe over it :p

I trust Matt knows what he's doing; he's proved numerous times his capabilities as a leader. :rolleyes:

We'll just leave it as a questionable call. We'll see where it leads.

DeletedUser

Hello, we're from Holland and Belgium, what do you know about us as TW-players?

DeletedUser

.nl is currently one of the better community's participating the tw championships ;)
For ODA and ODD they do very well