.US servers vs. .Net and others

DeletedUser

Really? On US1 several Ego404 tribemembers still play without premium!
But lets hope the new Innogames system of buying more things to speed up will not be used by a lot of people.

I know i am in Ego404 lol

DeletedUser

He said the quality of moderation here is lower.

Yeah Every mod makes their own rules + goes MIA after a month ot two into the world. And in game I have to say I am still kinda angry about what happened in US2.

I'm not sure where it came from or why, but it definitely reinforces the whole "5) Vendettas are clearer (because of low player numbers)" that he brought up.

I was more thinking the fact that people who cheat (ie some Sperg players from w2) and backstab (ie some @RAS@ players from w5) will always be hunted by people like me and people who are cocky (ie Milad) will always be hunted by people who dislike that (ie Dase) :D

PS once again sorry about the Jew Boy incident - nothing personal, I was just making a point :p

DeletedUser

There used to be times that TW was about skill. The money in TW were the resources. You had to farm, or gather them from your mines. No rl money involved. I'm a student, i don't have the money to pay me a way to the n°1 and even if i had the money, i don't want to. TW is about skills, not about money.
What are you saying here? The first bolded section implies that TW is no longer about skill, but the section bolded section contradicts your previous statement.

DeletedUser

Yeah Every mod makes their own rules + goes MIA after a month ot two into the world. And in game I have to say I am still kinda angry about what happened in US2.

I haven't gone MIA, and I've been around for quite a long time. Many mods who are around have been around for awhile. The SmashNasty is still active, and posting here, even playing W6. Dahr is around, though there's not much to do on W3 as it's fairly quiet. jesseiam2 has been around and is still around consistently. MOLOCO, the newest addition, has obviously been around the server since the start of W1 and has stuck around since then, so he'll obviously be a consistent moderator. Aliyah did in-game moderating before becoming CM, and has stuck around quite a long time. Inga no Kusari has been around for a long time as a mod, elder mod, and now forum admin. Sim0n, an in-game mod, has been around for awhile now and has been consistently online.

Yes, some mods leave, as is usual, and perhaps it's more noticeable; but if you watch .net, and I can say this from experience, they have plenty of forum mods leave more often than they do here, even. As far as in-game, W2 is a separate issue, but I don't think we make our own rules; we simply enforce them. We do our best to universalize them, but we can't write out EVERY situation in the rules, so sometimes a bit of interpretation is necessary; but senior in-game moderators are always on hand to assist with different or difficult situations, and we do the best we can.

I was more thinking the fact that people who cheat (ie some Sperg players from w2) and backstab (ie some @RAS@ players from w5) will always be hunted by people like me and people who are cocky (ie Milad) will always be hunted by people who dislike that (ie Dase)

Not sure about cheating, I will not go into that, but vendettas are clearer, I will admit.

DeletedUser

.US is Fun :smack::rules::truelove:

Actually, i dont know the lvl of US.players, but i think it's weak , my tribe is not in the U.S. to play seriously, but to arrange for. BR... i know i know, nobody asked :p

DeletedUser548

Dahr is around, though there's not much to do on W3 as it's fairly quiet.

Yeah, I've tried once or twice now to bring activity to them, but to no avail. ;)

For this though, .net, I've seen many many mods come and go, and many times fewer have stayed there. We've only been through a handful of mods here on .us as far as I'm aware. And I like these forums, as they're not as crowded as the .net forums can be.

In game and players however, it's a bit easier here. I've played on both, and never really been successful on both, but I picked up things faster in .net, and learned how to farm more efficiently out here.

DeletedUser

i will predict that the #1 player now has money and skill.

our goal is to stay #1

A.

DeletedUser

Don't think US really attracts the top tier players from other servers.

these days a lot of people have been rank 1 somewhere or the other at some point of time, not all of them are (my idea of) good.

For a while .co.uk attracted good .net players but after about a year and a half or so the novelty wore off and now .uk world quality is just abysmal.

In .us that sort of novelty phase wasn't even there to begin with. I see a few persons dominate in .us and theyre reasonably good players but they're not in the (I suppose the common word - albeit not correct - here is 'elite') class of .net.

That sort of echelon from .net never seemed to take an interest in joining .us. Which is incidentally why .us hasn't produced any top level players of its own.

I don't know anything about premium abuse, so I'm not qualified to comment on that.

DeletedUser

Don't think US really attracts the top tier players from other servers.

these days a lot of people have been rank 1 somewhere or the other at some point of time, not all of them are (my idea of) good.

For a while .co.uk attracted good .net players but after about a year and a half or so the novelty wore off and now .uk world quality is just abysmal.

In .us that sort of novelty phase wasn't even there to begin with. I see a few persons dominate in .us and theyre reasonably good players but they're not in the (I suppose the common word - albeit not correct - here is 'elite') class of .net.

That sort of echelon from .net never seemed to take an interest in joining .us. Which is incidentally why .us hasn't produced any top level players of its own.

I don't know anything about premium abuse, so I'm not qualified to comment on that.

The people you're talking about joined initially on us1, then when they did the world restart, most quit

DeletedUser2075

I joined a server once and over the course of 2 weeks spent about $80 on premium just to see what I could do. I never put in the activity to get rank 1 on tribalwars.net but here it was all too easy.

Most top players know to rush hq 27 early on and build the rest of the village up after that. With premium you can make your buildings practically instantly, so HQ 21+ is a noob move.

Take away the couple hundred thousand resources spent on early hq 10->27 + its warehouse requirements, and put them into instant barracks/stable/farm upgrades early on. Now you're recruiting troops 3x faster than any 'non rich' players. This makes a dent in your resources for a while but leads to even greater farming ability which leads to earlier academy (which you can get stupidly fast with instant smithy upgrades). In tribalwars.net you have to make a careful choice, "when do i want my wall, when do i want my workshop." On tribalwars.us you build them whenever you please.

Now I hear you can fork over a few more dollars and get your buildings for discounted resources too. I can only imagine o_O

DeletedUser

^^ Out of the 100 threads that have been posted about the new PP features, this is the only intelligent post I've seen.

DeletedUser2075

I rarely visit this forum and only posted in this thread when somebody linked me here, so I'm not sure if you're poking fun at me for saying something that's been covered dozens of times already, or if I really am the first to explain it.

But I thought I'd elaborate on just how much better of an army you can get with premium.

On that server that I joined, I didn't reach rank 1 until about 2000 points.
rankone.png
Up until then, the Noise team held the lead. I've never talked with them before, but they seemed to have a pretty good reputation so I assume they were decent farmers.

AFAIK Noise had 3 players on the account pillaging all throughout the day. I was only able to log on 3,4, sometimes 5 times, and only for the few minutes it took to send one wave of pillagers. On tribalwars.net there is no way someone with my activity could outfarm a 24/7 account. But due to my amassing a larger army to pillage with, I was the first player on that server to get the silver robber award (loot 1,000,000 resources).

When the Freaks player who claimed to have the largest army in his tribe attacked me, it was the size of the offense I had built over a week earlier. And I was aggro-turtling with a few thousand defense infantry to boot.

And also a story to share about the tribalwars.us team. It's been nearly 9 months since I deleted my account here so I hope it's been improved since then. This is not the first time I've detailed the premium advantages on these fora.

In the 15:42 vs Freaks PnP thread, I explained that I had barely been supported and what he suicided on was almost entirely my own defense troops. But they must have had friends in high places and all posts making Freaks look bad mysteriously disappeared. I don't know about others, but without the PnP, tribalwars is extremely boring to me. That made me want to quit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please note that commenting on moderation is not allowed. If you have any concerns or problems with moderation, you can follow the basic chain of command. From bottom to top, it follows this order:

The moderator of the world (in this case, me)
An elder moderator (also me, so if your problem is with me, feel free to move to the next option)
A forum administrator or CM (Aliyah or Inga no Kusari)

Any questions or concerns can go from there, so please be sure to stay off the topic of moderation on the forums in the future :).

DeletedUser

I wasn't making fun of you. Everyone who knows anything about TW knows what you said but don't really like dealing with some of the...ahh...lesser intellect that can be on the .us forums. You're the first person on world 6 to put 2-and-2 together for everyone, yes.

DeletedUser188

The people you're talking about joined initially on us1, then when they did the world restart, most quit

I guess they had a good startup position :p
tbh i liked my startup position, lots of barbs :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The size of the worlds also surprised me quite a bit. Worlds on .net have been slowly but surely shrinking over the years, but even the new worlds will fill out the core four continents and more within a couple of days at most, while W6 is still trying to expand past their border. I think it'll be a quicker, more interesting world than those on .net as it'll force so many more wars earlier on since there won't be as much room to grow and try to outmaneuver others.

Agreed, plus from the looks of things, i'd say that diplomacy plays a much smaller(maybe, non-existant?) role on .us, whereas on .net it's a much larger part of the game....

DeletedUser

Agreed, plus from the looks of things, i'd say that diplomacy plays a much smaller(maybe, non-existant?) role on .us, whereas on .net it's a much larger part of the game....
This is one of the biggest things I dislike about .us. There are plenty of tribes here that have a decent amount of success but their leaders have absolutely no diplomacy skills and some that can barely speak the language of their tribe. Much less strategy involved.

DeletedUser

Erm, that depends. Diplomacy can mean more here than on .net in some cases.

On world 1, we started on the rim, and I avoided doing any diplomacy. That resulted in over 15 tribes gangbanging me from 2 weeks into the game, for 8 months. I barely survived repeatedly.

So I would say, initially, early game diplomacy is WAY more important, but I think the longer the world goes on, the less and less it means, in comparison to .net