US10 Preworld Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I haven't seen Nauzhror around at all. He somewhat fell off the map.

DeletedUser

I wish I played this world... them northerners sound like fun people to play whit/against.
Dase, are you gonna mass recruit again? :rolleyes:

GL Tire and pk3rz.

DeletedUser

We have never released the start time on .US so not that strange here. I can't speak for other servers and if they do it or not, but I know the German server doesn't announce it either. One reason is that if all the players try to start at the same minute, it causes quite a bit of server strain and increases the chances of the server going down (which no one wants). It also may just be a case of thats how we have always done it (which is not something I like). I will talk with some other CoMas and the devs and see if this is just an antiquated process and should be changed. I have only taken over this server as CoMa at the first of February and I am always looking to make changes to better the server, if this is one, I will certainly consider it.

DeletedUser

in norway, time is always announced. no fuzz there. ask Dakapo for advice :)
if you want, i can pull her nose out of her book and get her on skype for you :p

DeletedUser4284

So there is no countdown. But if someone doesnt know it started they can be behind

DeletedUser

There is no countdown.

I can tell you that it will be in the morning (server time).

DeletedUser

We have never released the start time on .US so not that strange here. I can't speak for other servers and if they do it or not, but I know the German server doesn't announce it either. One reason is that if all the players try to start at the same minute, it causes quite a bit of server strain and increases the chances of the server going down (which no one wants). It also may just be a case of thats how we have always done it (which is not something I like). I will talk with some other CoMas and the devs and see if this is just an antiquated process and should be changed. I have only taken over this server as CoMa at the first of February and I am always looking to make changes to better the server, if this is one, I will certainly consider it.
Your arguments are good, and I can't do anything but agreeing to them. But as you post later in this thread, maybe you can release the time of the day? Like evening, or mid-day or morning. In this way, everyone won't start at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.