Wild accusations & baseless speculation

DeletedUser

Fire.. I'm new to .US but have much experience on .net forums so I'm asking this in earnest.. are you typically such a smug personality in real life or is it just here in our fantasy world where you portrait yourself as the intelligent innocent mrs. right? (honestly, I'm just asking as I don't know you yet but I'm sure as time goes on I will.)

DeletedUser

Yea you are new.. Liz likes to be little players she used to play with on her new world... Quite a ashame as i taught you so much but I expect it now.. This is all something Jake would do right?

DeletedUser

Well while I'm flattered by your high estimation of my machiavellian talents I should probably point out that I am not Ice Cold .... HIS name is Jake. :D

is your name Jake too because I hear hypocracy.

DeletedUser3141

I'm a little confused. How am I belittling him when it's not something he has ever denied? On the contrary he has stated it himself many times .... to call him 'machiavellian' is either honest or a compliment because his view of things makes it an enjoyable and acceptable aspect of the game and he was very good at it. That's him though and not me ... and yes HE taught me some things as well. Sometimes people are contradictory .... or maybe in Jake it isn't a contradiction.

Oh and Ryan ... it was just a little play on your name and intended as a joke. It evidently didn't register hence my 'fell flat' comment.
Seraph's comment was directed at me I think rather than you.

But really guys degenerating from insulting a tribe to personal insults now?
Oh well the thread IS titles 'wild accusation and baseless speculation'. :D

DeletedUser

i woulda thought me quoting you and writing it under it woulda made it clear it was directed to you..

DeletedUser3141

Well it was clear to me but apparently not to others. I was just trying to be a little tactful in how I said that.

DeletedUser

I'm a little confused. How am I belittling him when it's not something he has ever denied? On the contrary he has stated it himself many times .... to call him 'machiavellian' is either honest or a compliment because his view of things makes it an enjoyable and acceptable aspect of the game and he was very good at it. That's him though and not me ... and yes HE taught me some things as well. Sometimes people are contradictory .... or maybe in Jake it isn't a contradiction.

Oh and Ryan ... it was just a little play on your name and intended as a joke. It evidently didn't register hence my 'fell flat' comment.
Seraph's comment was directed at me I think rather than you.

But really guys degenerating from insulting a tribe to personal insults now?
Oh well the thread IS titles 'wild accusation and baseless speculation'. :D

If my comment was intended to "degrade" or "insult" you.. you have my apology as it was never done with that intention... I asked an earnest question... of which, you've still not answered so again, are you only this smug person on a forum of an online game or does the smugness come naturally?

DeletedUser3141

Seems to me I could ask the same question. Or perhaps about the superior and judgmental attitude.
Perhaps though a more pertinent question is how much your attitude to both myself and D/D reflects your tribes views.

DeletedUser

I'm a grumpy old fart on the pubs... In skype, tribe and real life I'm much different.. as for my distaste of DD, its not personal.. I just happened to go through the forums of past worlds combined with my experience in 15 and well... I've come to the conclusion that DD is a tribe not to be trusted. DD is a tribe that implements tactics to disrupt the rival tribe causing internal strife all while playing an innocent role on the pubs.. I don't expect DD to "ever" fully honor diplomacy unless its to hide the end game goal. I don't expect DD to ever announce a war as it is to large of a risk for them... Call me judgmental or superior minded if you want... if it comes off as me being those, so be it.. but at least I don't hide or deceive.

When will DD and 2Hard merge? We know there is communication between the tribes. We know there is as you put it, past world unity, we know that DD wants the merge but because it might draw attention DD seemingly would rather hide behind the closed doors of shared forums.

Just do the merge and let the axe fly.. stop coddling everyone while plotting against the same ones your coddling!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3141

So what you are saying is that
1. You are judging a tribe you have no real direct knowledge of based almost entirely on hearsay.
2. You are assuming that despite different leadership teams there is no difference in approach
3. That for some reason we are hiding some endgame goal (don't we all have the same one?)?
4. That you somehow know D/D thoughts on starting war threads on externals. War stats are of course publicly available.
5. That there is some secret we are hiding in respect of 2Hard. Not sure why you think we have any obligation to explain in the first place. All tribes of course have things that they would prefer to keep private. If they didn't all those spies would be out of business. :D
6. That we are somehow lying to or misleading people as to out intentions. Of course that would requite you to know both what we are saying and what we intend. It is of course quite true that not all is revealed. That does not necessarily mean anyone is being mislead or lied to. The goal is the same for all.
6. Nearly forgot this one. That all other tribes are lily white and would never hide anything, mislead or for instance tell any porkies to their allies.

DeletedUser

lol... even in your honesty the lies spew... even in your attempt to equate the end game goals for all tribes as the same, your post still spews untruths. Even in commenting about my assumptions you mention different leadership teams but also admit there is no difference in approach. (no, it's not incorrect grammar but obvious admittance)

As for war threads, show one.. go through your past world forums and point to one declaration... you can't because what you'd prefer is for another tribe (an ally) to declare and send first.. then DD will consider sending but only after the fronts are in DD's favor. Hence the deceiving nature of DD.

2Hard... I don't expect you to share some secret. Everyone in the region knows the truth.. Everyone knows that 2Hard has leadership wants an invite to DD but DD (in their cowardly way) would rather let the 2Hard members be hung out to dry. Sure, DD might give a few support stacks.. DD might, at least for awhile make some promises to 2hard but as is the history of DD.. 2Hard will be left to fend for themselves. DD won't invite them because DD leadership doesn't want the possibility of fighting a multiple front war. Instead, even with all the heavy clusters and well... turtle growths, DD would rather play the same card as always.. wait for the war fronts to develop, then attack.. Seriously, why would any tribe trust DD?

All tribes tell a few porkies, some mislead but others do so to the extreme and DD is to the extreme. Skilled tribes war while scared tribes lie!! Which one is DD?

DeletedUser3141

LOL
First of all I referred to your assumptions. With a change of leadership there is always a change in approach, maybe small, maybe large. That means that unless you know the individual members you cannot predict exactly what it means. That also means that you cannot reasonably make sweeping statement about a tribe unless you know the leaders that well.

As for declarations .... are we referring to declaring wars here or are we talking about making posts on the externals to boast about it. You are correct in saying D/D do not normally advertise their wars on the forums. You are not correct in saying that we do not declare wars. In fact we have done so on W16 we just didn't bother advertising it any more than selfie advertised their war with PDM.

As for 2Hard well time will tell I guess. Not sure about this multi front war mind you. Of course I'm not a big fan of multi front wars anyway. Not sure that one is dependent on the other really though. It does seem to me that there is some provocation here to start a war, perhaps with the idea to generate this multi front war that you seem to have in mind. Well it is tribalwars so no doubt a war will indeed start soon.

DeletedUser

Eventually I won't call you Fire or Firequeen or FQ... I prefer first names like most.. btw... I'm Harold (call me anything, just not Janie)

anyway.. as I've said in the past, a war dec is directed at capable foes, not skirmishes against rim noobs... Selfie shouldn't have posted anything. PDM however should have. I tried to convince them to do so but they chose not too. I know Selfie leadership and I've no doubt that a war dec will be given when a war (not a skirmish) begins. I also have gotten to know some of the U? leadership and likewise, I'm sure they too will not be afraid to post a declaration. (Hmm.. did they not start the RawR thread? Honestly I don't recall who started it.)

My point is still valid... Skilled tribes war with axe while scared tribes war with deceit. DD has yet to show this world they will war with axe!!

edit: (It was actually Selfie's duke (Glen) that posted the "Making RawR meow" thread... Hmm.. good for glen to be a little provocative!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3141

So let me get this right. A war dec only counts if you deem the opponent worthy of the term but if you don't it becomes a skirmish?
Also you seem to have an issue that we have not declared on someone you deem 'appropriate' although right now neither U? not Selfie are doing so either. In fact it would require one or more to declare on the other given the current situation.
Yes Glenn did the rawr declaration.
Posting wars on the externals though is a very individual thing. There is one that I really do want to see .... when the time is right. Possibly not for the reasons that you imagine though. Which party declares won't matter ... only how it's approached. :D

DeletedUser

Yes.. a 20 mill declaring on a 2 mill is rubbish and of very little interest to anyone other then the boastful. Hence, the answer answer to your question...

Actually, Selfie (Glen) did post the RawR thread.. thereby voiding your statement that neither U? nor Selfie have either.

I'm sure there are many variants of waring sides that many of us eagerly await for obvious reasons but in honesty, I don't expect the declaration to come from DD leadership.

Lastly, your response "which party declares won't matter" is actually not true.. It matters, matter of factly!! Done properly it can cause immense internal stress on the enemy. It can also garner public favor thereby placing adding pressure on the rival. So... saying whom posts it has little importance is completely ignoring the purpose of the PnP, yes?

DeletedUser3141

Well I said 'right now'. The war on rawr was joint so hardly counts. Glenn wanted to do the pnp so selfie did the actual declaration.
Since then ... .well it's quite funny in a way.
As for the war I want to see ..... the reason I want it is the same reason it won't matter which party declares. Making it come about in the way I envisage though will require some effort. It will be worth it if it comes off.

Oh yeah. Who declares is probably less significant than how long other parties take to join. It's the ones who drag their feet so their allies take the brunt who are the ones you can reasonably take issue with. What's funny is the dancing around to see who will fight whom.

DeletedUser

what if i was to say i was once in D/D and had the treatment done to myself?