Your ideal Settings

DeletedUser

Following are what I'd like to see for W9, warning now that the post will be lengthy as i am not solely posting what settings I want, but also an explanation of why I want each setting.

Speed: 0.5

This creates a more balanced playing field and makes the game more about strategy and tactics rather than activity. It also helps negate the benefits of co-playing, which should help non co-played accounts compete with their co-played counterparts.

Unit Speed: 2.0

This largely does the same thing as the .5 speed does. Buildings and troops still build half as fast as usual, so you still spend resources at half the usual pace. The troops move the same speed as a speed 1/unit speed 1 world though so you can get nearly as many resources as usual per day despite only needing half as many. This makes it easier for players with reduced activity to have 24/7 queues.

Example, you can play a 5 hour block each day, on a speed 1 world that is enough to run all your queues for 14 hours, but on a speed .5 world it is enough to run them for 24 hours. This is because you can haul almost as much resources as usual, but they last twice as long. (The reason you can haul almost as many resources, and not as many is because the villages you are farming generate resources at half the usual speed, but your troops move at twice the normal speed when compared to this regeneration rate, which would mean you'd get the same, except that on the .5 world you farm farther away to get the same due to each village having less, and the increased travel time reduces the efficiency somewhat.

Noble System: 1 package nobles

Most of you have probably never played with one package nobles as they are something that is usually reserved for the speed server, but they have also been used twice on .net worlds, namely W33, and W45, both of which were speed .5 worlds. On 1 package noble worlds you do not store packages, you simply pay the price of a package whenever you create a noble. This makes nobles very cheap, which once again takes the emphasis off of farming and helps less active players. Normally a player's growth is limited by the amount of nobles they have, and due to ever increasing noble costs the amount of nobles they have is limited by their farming capacity. On one package noble worlds nobles are cheap, and not the limiting factor. Offense is the limiting factor instead, nobles are cheap, nukes are not, therefore conserving your offense is the key to being able to rapidly noble.

Starting Village Build: Level 6 mines, 3 HQ (or one HQ like W56 on .net was if that is now an option for future worlds)

The reasoning for this is actually just because barbs start with the same buildings that players do and I want barbs to start with level 6 mines so that they make half-decent farms,

Barb-Growth: Off

Yep, that's right, the barbs will start with 6/6/6 mines and level 3 HQ and stay there, they won't grow any bigger, this is why I wanted the 6/6/6 mine start, as if they started with 0/0/0 mines and then didn't grow they'd make terrible farms. With this setup though they make half-decent farms, but awful noble targets. Barbs being awful noble targets is an absolute necessity on a world with one package nobles. Otherwise people would noble barb villages that had academies already in them as a means to grow far far far more rapidly than a player that needed to clear their conquers.

Paladin: Off

All it does is make the defender have a much larger advantage in a game where they already have a large enough advantage as is. This is especially true on worlds with paladin weapons since they stack (ie. if you have a spear and a sword weapon in the village both the villages spears and swords benefit from the weapons, whereas an offense can only ever contain one paladin, and thus, one weapon)

Church: Off

This one is important, W33 having churches was in fact about the only thing that tarnished the world as far as I'm concerned.

Morale: Off

It's a world where offense should limit your growth moreso than nobles, as such let's not abuse the players that try and play it as such by making it stupidly difficult to noble players, if you're small enough to be affected by morale, let's face it, you won't last till the end of the world anyway via any means but waiting around till the competition has quit, which is one of the biggest flaws with the game as far as I'm concerned.

Ratio: 20:1 for 30 days

This is annoying, but with 2.0 unit speed it will be much less annoying than usual since you will be able to farm a larger area to compensate for the lost farms. The real purpose of it isn't to protect those in the core though but to protect late starters until they have a firm footing, if there's a way to activate this a month or two into the world so that it doesn't affect the core at all that'd actually be ideal.

Smithy System: 15-tech

It encourages playing as a team, and let's face it, that's what this game is meant to be about, it's TribalWars, not AccountWars or VillageWars.

Spy: 4

This is the usual 15-tech scout system, level 1 shows res and troops, level 2 shows buildings in addition to what level 1 shows, and level 3 additionally shows troops stationed outside of the village.

If the world is destined to be simple-tech make the spy setting be 10 instead, spy setting 3 is ridiculously awful.

(Spy setting 3 is the one where you see outside troops, but have to send at least 4 scouts in every attack, and when being scouted need only as many as the defender to kill their scouts rather than the usual where you need twice as many as the attacker.)

As for the rest of the settings I prefer:

Archers: Off
Tribe Limit: 20-40
Outside Support: No
BP: 5 days

but none of those are overly important in the grand scheme.

^ Nauzhror.

DeletedUser

Well, I think I love those. Slow world and no growing barbs are fun :)

DeletedUser1446

Are you playing UK9??

If not don´t give your opinion...lol...it sucks really... it really sucks!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser1327

I think that the best Settings are:

World Speed: 1
Unit Speed: 1
Morale: Enabled
Fake Limit: No
Research System: 15 Tier Tech System
Noble System: Gold Coins - starting at 1/2 price
Church: Active
Barbs grow to: 5000
Bonus Villages: Yes
Night Bonus: No
Beginner Protection: 7 days
Maximum Relation Defender:Attacker: Off
Tribe Limit: 40
Direction Choice: Active
Archers: Yes
Paladin: Yes

DeletedUser

I think that the best Settings are:

Church: Active
Barbs grow to: 5000
Beginner Protection: 7 days

...you are joking right?

Church is generally highly unpopular.

If barbs grow to 5000, they are better for nobling than 75% of the players.

7 days BP? I don't even want to imagine that...

DeletedUser1327

It's my opinion... Of course the game is named tribal wars to attack one tribe to an other and not to take barbarian villages... Now for 7 days BP, you're right... Maybe I make it 2 or 3.

;)

DeletedUser

• World Speed: 3 ;)
  • Unit Speed: 1.5
  • Demolish Buildings: Yes
  • Morale: Disabled
  • Farm Rule: No
  • Basic Defence: 5
  • Militia: Yes
  • Fake Limit: No
  • Research System: the tech system
  • Noble System: Gold Coins
  • Church: Not Active
  • Barbs grow to: 1000
  • Bonus Villages: no
  • Night Bonus: No
  • Beginner Protection: 3 days
  • Maximum Relation Defender:Attacker: Off
  • Tribe Limit: 25
  • Direction Choice: Active
  • Archers: No
  • Paladin: Yes
  • Paladin weapons: no
  • Scouting system: Scouts see everything

I think these setting should go for w4. Tell me what's wrong with it and I could always change it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1446

Not going to happen mate... In many ways I don't believe on those settings for us4...

By the way... It's time to give us some news about it Wolfy :p

DeletedUser

I like it except for militia I only put that in so noobs stand a small chance.

DeletedUser

i would say:

World Speed: 2
Unit Speed: 1
Demolish Buildings: Yes
Morale: Disabled
Farm Rule: No
Basic Defence: 5
Militia: No
Fake Limit: No
Research System: tech system
Noble System: Gold Coins
Church: Not Active
Barbs grow to: 3000
Bonus Villages: yes
Night Bonus: No
Beginner Protection: 3 days
Maximum Relation Defender:Attacker: Off
Tribe Limit: 25
Direction Choice: Active
Archers: No
Paladin: Yes
Paladin weapons: Yes
Scouting system: Scouts see everything

DeletedUser548

^ Nauzhror.

Those settings would be quite fun to play with. It would give those of us who are not experienced at start-up, or the best at the game, no co-players and etc... A much better chance then a speed 1.5 or 2 world.

DeletedUser

But co playing takes teamwork and it's just as fun besides I hates slow worlds. If that means I'm not patient then I don't care but I want a fast world after three pretty slow worlds.

DeletedUser548

Well, world 3 wasn't a slow world... Isn't it 1.5 speed or something? 2 speed worlds require either no life, or constant co-playing. 1 speed worlds often require co-playing at both start-up and late game. A world with 0.5 speed would be easier for those of us who prefer not to co-play someone, or have co-players.

DeletedUser1446

Go play UK9...i tell you...those settings are to much boring to play really---it can be fun for a few weeks but nothing more...

Most people would give up rather quickly it´s just my opinion!

Speed 1 or 1,5 or 2....

DeletedUser

Or 500 speed might be unique ;). Just kidding. I think fun is speed 2. But I hope w4 is announced in the next couple of days. Then we will know what the settings are and can discuss if those are good or bad. I also like troop speed at 2 because it's more fun to launch noble trains when a village near you doesn't take three hours to hit :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or 500 speed might be unique ;). Just kidding. I think fun is speed 2. But I hope w4 is announced in the next couple of days. Then we will know what the settings are and can discuss if those are good or bad. I also like troop speed at 2 because it's more fun to launch noble trains when a village near you doesn't take three hours to hit :p.

[2011.07.05 18:16:12] Robert (Typhi): 4 the special/classic/high performance worlds
[2011.07.05 18:16:12] Robert (Typhi): unit speed 1 generally
[2011.07.05 18:16:25] Robert (Typhi): but not in combination with world speed 2

Will never happen. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1446

[2011.07.05 18:16:12] Robert (Typhi): 4 the special/classic/high performance worlds
[2011.07.05 18:16:12] Robert (Typhi): unit speed 1 generally
[2011.07.05 18:16:25] Robert (Typhi): but not in combination with world speed 2

Will never happen. :rolleyes:

That is not completely true ;)