Changing The Message System

DeletedUser

I've always found the message system to be a bit confusing, especially when you have more than 5 replies.

xxx said:
ps2guy1 said:
xxx said:
ps2guy1 said:
xxx said:
ps2guy1 said:
xxx said:
you already have the tribe?

umm if the question is if i'm already in a tribe. the answer would be yes

rsrs = risos, in english its mean laughs
What tribe are you in?

look me up

rsrs, i understand

rsrs?

these messages are hard to look at and hard to read, in this very conversation a couple of these messages are out of order. or maybe im reading it backwards, in any case would it be possible to change this msg system to something more like ig tribal wars?

Patrick

DeletedUser

I've always found the message system to be a bit confusing, especially when you have more than 5 replies.

these messages are hard to look at and hard to read, in this very conversation a couple of these messages are out of order. or maybe im reading it backwards, in any case would it be possible to change this msg system to something more like ig tribal wars?

Patrick

You mean quotes?

DeletedUser

To be honest, I agree. It's tedious to have to clean them constantly, so perhaps a way to simply view the last message that was sent above the original would be more convenient :).

DeletedUser

is there any way to make that happen? you're the man in red, you have the power :p

DeletedUser

Patrick

I second this motion.
And so, I came up with a proposed alternative layout. It would basically be like a more classy looking IRC/Skype conversation:

suggestiona.jpg

This is *just* a basic suggestion. I don't want comments on it's colour choice or the font types :p

DeletedUser

are you suggesting an IM on the forums? I like the idea but we should take it one step at a time.
I also like the layout. Where you write your msg can stay the same imo, a white box with "post quick reply" and "go advanced" etc.
btw did we actually have that convo?

DeletedUser

I am simply here to moderate and make sure it's clean. Development and such goes straight to elders/CM, possibly straight to CM, and then to Innogames themselves. I like it, but it doesn't need to be an IM. However, it should only show a certain amount of past messages, to keep it short etc. It's complicated, but I think the forum is due for something like this, because it's been a while since the forums truly had a feature updated/revamped to that degree :D.

DeletedUser

A ig chat would be the best thing in TW since the cookie axeman. I'd wub it.

DeletedUser

I am simply here to moderate and make sure it's clean. Development and such goes straight to elders/CM

BEEEEN
we need you <3

u65sl said:
it should only show a certain amount of past messages, to keep it short etc.

and we would have pages of it like ig, plus the option to show it all right?

DeletedUser

are you suggesting an IM on the forums? I like the idea but we should take it one step at a time.
I also like the layout. Where you write your msg can stay the same imo, a white box with "post quick reply" and "go advanced" etc.
btw did we actually have that convo?

We didn't have that convo. And I agree - I just couldn't be bothered to take a screenshot of the current messaging box. I can edit that in - give me one minute :)

I'm not suggesting an IM on the forums, as that would be a bit much I think. I mean as in an IM-style layout to conversations, so that instead of having 10 mails in your inbox for one conversation, all the ones that you respond to stay in one mail, and just get added on at the end. So if I sent you a mail entitled: "Hi", every mail you reply to and I reply back to would just be added on to that. If you then sent me a mail entitled: "Bye", it would make a new mail as it is a new topic.

DeletedUser

We didn't have that convo. And I agree - I just couldn't be bothered to take a screenshot of the current messaging box. I can edit that in - give me one minute :)

I'm not suggesting an IM on the forums, as that would be a bit much I think. I mean as in an IM-style layout to conversations, so that instead of having 10 mails in your inbox for one conversation, all the ones that you respond to stay in one mail, and just get added on at the end. So if I sent you a mail entitled: "Hi", every mail you reply to and I reply back to would just be added on to that. If you then sent me a mail entitled: "Bye", it would make a new mail as it is a new topic.

hmm, i think i would like it better if it were just like ig where it says your name, the time and your message for each new message. i have a feeling that if it had a layout like IM it would get disorganized

thats just me though

DeletedUser

But what if you mail someone, and a long time after that, you want him to talk to you, but he won't know you, since it's under a different mail? That happens, and I may (or may not) do that.
:hc::hc::hc::hc::hc::hc::hc::hc::hc:

DeletedUser

But what if you mail someone, and a long time after that, you want him to talk to you, but he won't know you, since it's under a different mail? That happens, and I may (or may not) do that.

It would work in the same way as the current mailing system.
Ok, I think I'm going to have to spell out my suggestion, as you don't seem to follow it/make much sense.

The mailing system stays the same, except that when a conversation gets a reply, instead of a new mail, it gets added to an existing chain of mails, much like a skype conversation would. It would show the time and date sent, basically doing the same thing as the quote would, but putting them in sequential order without the massive amount of annoying quotes.

You can start up a new conversation by creating a new message to a player in the same way as you can currently. Thus, you may have 2 different conversations in 2 mails with a single player. So if you were discussing say W1 with player X, you would have one mail which could be entitled "W1 stuff". You could send a new mail to player X, saying "Premade stuff", which would be a new mail entirely separate to the other one, so that you don't end up having conversations getting mixed up.

This would also mean the mail storage takes up less space for players.

The edited image (it looks poor because of the screenshot resizing, but to give a rough idea):

suggestiony.jpg

DeletedUser

hmm, i think i would like it better if it were just like ig where it says your name, the time and your message for each new message. i have a feeling that if it had a layout like IM it would get disorganized

thats just me though

Sorry to double post. That is exactly what I meant, only it would be going from top to bottom oldest to newest. To save viewing space, you could perhaps have the newest 4 mails showing, and a button to click to show the entire conversation previously. I just said like Skype in the sense that it shows each part of the conversation comment in sequential order. Ingame mail would have been a better description.

DeletedUser

Thanks for clearing that up, honestly anything would be better. Quoting it all is just way too confusing :)

DeletedUser

It would work in the same way as the current mailing system.
Ok, I think I'm going to have to spell out my suggestion, as you don't seem to follow it/make much sense.

The mailing system stays the same, except that when a conversation gets a reply, instead of a new mail, it gets added to an existing chain of mails, much like a skype conversation would. It would show the time and date sent, basically doing the same thing as the quote would, but putting them in sequential order without the massive amount of annoying quotes.

You can start up a new conversation by creating a new message to a player in the same way as you can currently. Thus, you may have 2 different conversations in 2 mails with a single player. So if you were discussing say W1 with player X, you would have one mail which could be entitled "W1 stuff". You could send a new mail to player X, saying "Premade stuff", which would be a new mail entirely separate to the other one, so that you don't end up having conversations getting mixed up.

This would also mean the mail storage takes up less space for players.

The edited image (it looks poor because of the screenshot resizing, but to give a rough idea):

suggestiony.jpg

Ermmmm, but the message would still be seen, if they clicked my name, they'd see that I was that nub from 2 months ago.

DeletedUser

i think there would be different topics and if you replied to the nub topic then yes they'd see it.