Changing The Message System

DeletedUser

Noooooo, I don't want that. :( But guys, this is a huge change, wait for 8.0, this is going to take a while if you want it.

DeletedUser

Noooooo, I don't want that. :( But guys, this is a huge change, wait for 8.0, this is going to take a while if you want it.

I don't think it's that big a change. Also, 8.0 is game updates, I don't necessarily think that all updates in-game are linked to forum updates :p. And even if they were...if it's not suggested, it won't happen, so what are we waiting for :D?

DeletedUser

I don't think it's that big a change. Also, 8.0 is game updates, I don't necessarily think that all updates in-game are linked to forum updates :p. And even if they were...if it's not suggested, it won't happen, so what are we waiting for :D?

Wait........ this is a big change. It changes the mailing system entirely or something. :p And we're talking about forum? I thought this was ig mailing system!

DeletedUser

was about to say that myself, i kinda posted my agreement without thinking :p

and yeah kgs this was about the forum mailing system. the ig one is perfectly fine :D

DeletedUser

Yes, game updates are game updates, and forum updates are forum updates....they are totally different, so updates are pretty much random.

DeletedUser

copy that

sidenote: eeeyy or-el see you finally got that to work :p

DeletedUser

Took a while, but yes, Inga helped me out :D. I've always wanted an avatar, and what better time than now when I'm arguing for the current state being preserved :D?

Anyways, I'd say a forum update is overdue, and hopefully Inga and OFLOW can look into things like this. We get tons of game suggestions, but hardly any about the forums (it feels like), and it's nice to see this for a change :D.

DeletedUser

Wow. I REALLY fail. I'm not even talking about the right thing. -.- Well no one really uses the ig forum mailing, well, not very often.

DeletedUser

cool, well when you make me master of the world i'll be sure to suggest more things for Ben and OFLOW to slave over :p

DeletedUser

Wow. I REALLY fail. I'm not even talking about the right thing. -.- Well no one really uses the ig forum mailing, well, not very often.

people with ig aliases do, people who manage premades do, people who are mad at me do, people who proceed to infract me do.

get with the program bud :p

DeletedUser

people with ig aliases do, people who manage premades do, people who are mad at me do, people who proceed to infract me do.

get with the program bud :p

IG aliases: Skype
Premades: Skype
Mad at you: Skype/IG
Infract: Fine. Can't think of excuse :(

DeletedUser

I think you guys are just going off topic. Suggestion for forum mails still stands, no matter what you use in-game mail for :D.

DeletedUser

what if your skype isnt listed or the player isn't on. what are you gonna do? send them a mail, and if they reply when you aren't on what do they do? send one right back. this cycle continues however long is needed

DeletedUser

Took a while, but yes, Inga helped me out :D. I've always wanted an avatar, and what better time than now when I'm arguing for the current state being preserved :D?

I rule your avatar :D

Anyways, I'd say a forum update is overdue, and hopefully Inga and OFLOW can look into things like this. We get tons of game suggestions, but hardly any about the forums (it feels like), and it's nice to see this for a change :D.

I have had a look at the updated version of the forums (the currently used version is quite old) but there is no change to the mailing system in the newest version. Well, nothing to the layout of the quotes.

DeletedUser

Oh, I see. Yeah, I do what ps2guy1 is saying in those events. Forum mail comes in handy :D.

DeletedUser

I have had a look at the updated version of the forums (the currently used version is quite old) but there is no change to the mailing system in the newest version. Well, nothing to the layout of the quotes.

Would it require a lot of re-coding for the current forum mailing system to be changed to make it user-friendly and less inbox-spammy?

For me, this is what I would like changed:

1. Completely change the quote layout. Having it like the ingame layout would be an improvement perhaps.
2. Having the current Reply = New Mail system changed. For people who like to mail a lot and don't want to delete their mails (I know you can back them up but I don't know how to and I doubt many people would), this would be a really important thing to change.
3. If it is possible, having an automatic font scheme to use? Ie instead of it being set to a regular font as standard, if a player likes to use Comic Sans MS, they could have it automatically set to this?
4. Just jazzing it up a bit in general. I would love to see a bit of a change of style in the forum mail design.

DeletedUser

while we're at it the inbox could use some redesigning. i always have a bit of trouble locating the sent mails link :p