Changing The Message System

DeletedUser

I like the idea pat, but i think googly's pictures are to close to looking like instant messaging.

If you guys change it pick something a bit more creative.

DeletedUser

yeah that's what i was thinking. ben already said he'd bring it up and i was just wondering what was happening with it.

DeletedUser

Sorry to burst your bubble here. InnoGames pay for the use of forum software and the license to use it - changing this is a violation of the contract that would have been taken out. Therefore, they cannot change the mailing system without (as inga said) updating the forum version - which may or may not have a different system.

DeletedUser

I like the idea pat, but i think googly's pictures are to close to looking like instant messaging.

If you guys change it pick something a bit more creative.

Those were just a rough idea of what I imagined. Have a go yourself and come up with another option :p

DeletedUser

Sorry to burst your bubble here. InnoGames pay for the use of forum software and the license to use it - changing this is a violation of the contract that would have been taken out. Therefore, they cannot change the mailing system without (as inga said) updating the forum version - which may or may not have a different system.

i see, so when we update our forum version we may or may not have a new message system?

DeletedUser1093

Jelsoft makes vBulletin. suggest it to them and maybe they will implement it. Then talk Inno into spending 200 dollars to update to the new version of vBulletin.

DeletedUser

ill get ben to do it :p
and if Jelsoft does agree to this i don't see why inno wouldn't. they're a big company and 200 dollars isn't all that much for them eh?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Yes, game updates are game updates, and forum updates are forum updates....they are totally different, so updates are pretty much random.

Innogames uses vbulletin, they have rules against allowing administrators from creating custom code to alter the forums (this rule may apply differently here though than other versions due to Gordon being office staff). As such updates are by no means random, they tend to occur when new versions of vBulletin are released.

The current version is 3.8.6, the final planned release for the 3.x branch is 3.8.7, but no date for it has been announced yet.

There is also a separate 4.0 branch of vBulletin, but not sure if/when Innnogames intends to switch to said branch.

DeletedUser

excellent, well we'll just have to wait and see then.
thanks nauz :D

DeletedUser

Nvm, didn't read all the other replies. :O

Last edited by a moderator: