Florida appeals court strikes down gay adoption ban

DeletedUser

Yeah, and since it's explicitly illegal now to harass or perform hate crimes, black people have the support from society to prosecute. No more sweeping it under the rug, so to speak. So, while descrimination may continue, black people absolutely have equal rights, as will gay people, someday. You can't stop people from thinking hateful things, but you can make sure that the laws to keep people from doing hateful things are supported.

Because we're going in circles, what I'm trying to say is that descrimination in schools is always going to exist, and it's up to the parents and schools to handle that. So, that's not really a good enough reason to say that gay couples can't adopt. What does matter is the law.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser452

There's no conclusion that gay parents can't raise healthy children either. Moot point.

A child’s primary role models are his or her parents. Bringing a heterosexual child up in a gay household gives them a distorted view of a minority sexuality, just as a girl brought up by two men would fail to benefit from a feminine influence.

My father is very verile, I'm still gay. No offense, but that's a pathetic argument considering there's been gay people for a lot longer than there's been gay adoption rights.

Research in the US (Univ. of Illinois Law Review, 1997) finds that children raised in homosexual househoulds are significantly more likely to be gay themselves.

Homophobic language and behaviour is still common. Placing a child too young to have an opinion of their own in the care of a gay couple exposes them to this prejudice, and subjects them to ridicule or violence. Whatever ideal we might have, the psychological and physical welfare of the child must come first.

DeletedUser

A child’s primary role models are his or her parents. Bringing a heterosexual child up in a gay household gives them a distorted view of a minority sexuality, just as a girl brought up by two men would fail to benefit from a feminine influence.

Research in the US (Univ. of Illinois Law Review, 1997) finds that children raised in homosexual househoulds are significantly more likely to be gay themselves.

Homophobic language and behaviour is still common. Placing a child too young to have an opinion of their own in the care of a gay couple exposes them to this prejudice, and subjects them to ridicule or violence. Whatever ideal we might have, the psychological and physical welfare of the child must come first.

I can't find that article, or specifically, the part that talks about these findings. Can you provide a link?

By the logic that we must shield children from ridicule due to having gay parents, we should also take children of single parents into custody, as well as divorced parents. Personally, I don't see how committed homosexual parents can be worse than these. Further, I believe that people either are or aren't gay by nature, not by nurture, so from my perspective, the finding that children of gay parents turn out gay is false (and since I know a number of gay couples, some with children, I can personally claim that this is false.)

DeletedUser452

I can't find that article, or specifically, the part that talks about these findings. Can you provide a link?
http://www.law.uiuc.edu/lrev/publica..._3/wardle.html

By the logic that we must shield children from ridicule due to having gay parents, we should also take children of single parents into custody, as well as divorced parents. Personally, I don't see how committed homosexual parents can be worse than these. Further, I believe that people either are or aren't gay by nature, not by nurture, so from my perspective, the finding that children of gay parents turn out gay is false (and since I know a number of gay couples, some with children, I can personally claim that this is false.)

Never in my school have I heard abuse around having divorced or single parents.

Also, even when parents are divorced, the maternal and perternal presence is still there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd like to see the study. The link quoted below is not the study. Then, so what if they're more likely to be gay, if these studies are true? And gay children are gay children no matter who raised them, my dad is homophobic but that didn't magically "fix" me.

And so you'd deny them a home because a thirteen year old study says that gay couples might make a kid gay?

http://www.law.uiuc.edu/lrev/publica..._3/wardle.html

Never in my school have I heard abuse around having divorced or single parents.

Also, even when parents are divorced, the maternal and perternal presence is still there.

DeletedUser

The only problem I see with this is the child having to go through quite a bit, since most kids aren't too understanding of these things. I have a friend that has 2 moms and he had to go through quite a bit up until highschool from ignorant children, and even parents. When he was on a soccer team he got called a fag by quite a few ignorant parents, which then relayed to their children.

DeletedUser

Only heterosexual people should be allowed to adopt. It is better like this.

hitler_jpg.jpg

DeletedUser

I heard someone say that gay parents turn kids into pouffes. Well it will create one comfy world.

pouffe1.jpg

DeletedUser452

I'd like to see the study. The link quoted below is not the study. Then, so what if they're more likely to be gay, if these studies are true? And gay children are gay children no matter who raised them, my dad is homophobic but that didn't magically "fix" me.

And so you'd deny them a home because a thirteen year old study says that gay couples might make a kid gay?

You would need to buy the publication to read the full study.

And I never said you wouldn't become gay if you had straight homophobic parents. Only you would be less likely to,

And the point you're homing on is a sideline issue. I can't say being more likely to become gay is a bad thing, because that is homophobia.

What is more concerning is the lack of a maternal and parental role, which is so important to how children, becoming adults, view the world.

DeletedUser

You would need to buy the publication to read the full study.

And I never said you wouldn't become gay if you had straight homophobic parents. Only you would be less likely to,

And the point you're homing on is a sideline issue. I can't say being more likely to become gay is a bad thing, because that is homophobia.

What is more concerning is the lack of a maternal and parental role, which is so important to how children, becoming adults, view the world.

Define a maternal, paternal and parental role. Do you believe that sex (body parts)=gender (feminine/masculine traits)?

DeletedUser

Another thing is. Any adoption can be tough, because these kids have been separated from their natural parents, so really its probably best their new parents are as close to their old ones as possible for an easy transition and so they feel more normal and at home in their new environment,

DeletedUser173

People often compare humans to animals in order to disprove God's existence, saying that "we aren't superior, they're just like us". If that were so, then our behavior would be identical to animals. Tell me ONE place in nature where two male dogs start getting... well, ya know... or how many chickens have you seen try and make love to each other? NONE! Why? Because it's unnatural. Humans are NOT animals, and if animals and humans were alike, and gays were a part of life, it only makes sense that you would see gay chickens and dogs. Therefore, You cannot argue that gays are okay and God exists at the same time. There are MALES and FEMALES for a reason, they GO TOGETHER!!!

DeletedUser

People often compare humans to animals in order to disprove God's existence, saying that "we aren't superior, they're just like us". If that were so, then our behavior would be identical to animals. Tell me ONE place in nature where two male dogs start getting... well, ya know... or how many chickens have you seen try and make love to each other? NONE! Why? Because it's unnatural. Humans are NOT animals, and if animals and humans were alike, and gays were a part of life, it only makes sense that you would see gay chickens and dogs. Therefore, You cannot argue that gays are okay and God exists at the same time. There are MALES and FEMALES for a reason, they GO TOGETHER!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

Note that both chickens and dogs are listed :]

DeletedUser

I have seen both dogs and chickens try to mate with their same sex. Also, it's not natural to use computers, but it's convenient and helps us to progress. Let's ban computers!

DeletedUser

Actually gay animals have been seen in the wild.

DeletedUser452

Define a maternal, paternal and parental role. Do you believe that sex (body parts)=gender (feminine/masculine traits)?

I am not talking about body parts.:rolleyes:

A child's definition of a woman and man come from their parents. And stays with them through adulthood. If that norm is confused, mental problems could occur.

DeletedUser

I am not talking about body parts.:rolleyes:

A child's definition of a woman and man come from their parents. And stays with them through adulthood. If that norm is confused, mental problems could occur.

So, you think that teaching kids that there is only 1 way to be human is healthy?

DeletedUser452

No, but I think eliminating causes of depression and other mental health problems is a good idea.

Generally becuause people prefer to be healthy. That's why we go to hospitals.

DeletedUser173

I have seen both dogs and chickens try to mate with their same sex.

The point I was TRYING to make was that if all guy dogs and all female chickens (all chickens are female ;)) were locked up in their own pens, what would happen? They'd all die. Why? BECAUSE THEY CANT REPRODUCE!!!!!!!!!!!! TWO CHICKENS CANT MAKE BABIES!!!